Viewing AVI files

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Wildfire

Viewing AVI files

Post by Wildfire »

Righto...In keeping with my tight nature..I bought one of those Disgo video camera things as it was only £30 and I dont use one enough to warrant buying a proper £200+ job :?
It records straight onto an SD card and gives about an hours recording time (Assuming you have enough batteries)
Anyway...Thought I'd record the kids opening the presents on Christmas morning which went Ok...Problem is When I upload the videos onto the PC the files are there but in audio only...no pictures at all.
Tried in Windows Media 11 & Real Player but both the same.
I know its recorded OK as I can view the last recorded file on the camera & throught the TV.
Running Windows XP if that helps ?

Is there an easy fix ?
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Try media player classic, it looks like the old windows player but it's a whole lot more, dl it here http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Med ... lassic.htm
it seems to play everything I throw at it :D
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Windows Media Player 11 is a crock of money grabbing sh1t. Microsoft saw fit to start charging folk for the codecs required to play media files which worked perfectly well in WMP 10. That'll be why the sound dosnt work any more.

Here's how to remove it and go back to version 10.

http://techie-buzz.com/technology-buzz/ ... er-11.html
Rich.

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Thanks guys....Downloaded the Windows Media Classic & It works fine...Quality of the Disgo is not as good as a proper cam but better than my mobile phone & not likely to break the bank should I fit it to the bike and it falls off :lol:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I use Winamp and VLC.

I have yet to find a file I cant play with one or the other. And I dont have to mess around with codec packs either.

VLC has to be my most highly recommended player for anything video.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Divx PLayer is free and gives you the codec to play avi files in all sorts of media players, including all the Windows versions.