MSN Messenger Virus

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Kitch

MSN Messenger Virus

Post by Kitch »

Virus spreading via MSN. Nasty little bugger too.

It sends you a message on MSN saying "Is this you?" with a link attached like this: http://<URL_Removed>/images/viewimage.php?=<your_email_address

Clicking the link infects your machine which will then spam all your contacts with the same thing. It will also remove all your icons and hotlinks so you wont be able to access anything on your PC.

Heads up.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I had that ages ago...took ages to shift the bugger
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Yeah, recent new release of it is doing the rounds again.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I had one through msn a while back that stole my email address & immediately changed the password.

Luckily I thought quickly enough to do the "forgot password" thing & had the opportunity to change it through a secondary address (if that makes sense). Big scare though. Don't think I realised how much I relied on that for a lot of contacts that otherwise would've been lost. I don't think it managed to send it on though, as none of my contacts were effected except the one it came from.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?