VTR1000.org message box

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

VTR1000.org message box

Post by RedStormV »

Hi,

Sent a couple of PMs this morning, which didn't go cos 'sent items' was full.

Deleted various messages and went to 'Outbox' where the messages were sat, there's no way of re-sending! or at least not that I can see.

So, I copied text of PM's, deleted the ones in the 'Outbox' and sent them again. They're still sat in the 'Outbox'!!!! :x

'Inbox' isn't full (74%), neither is 'Sent Items' (60%) so how come they're not going?

Also, what's the score with 'Saved Items' is that a separate 'storage' area for old messages you want to keep? If so does it have any bearing on the ability to send / receive PM's?

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Feckin' 'puters
andy c

Post by andy c »

Having been logged on all morning and sent about 10 PMs i dont think they go any where till the other person loggs on then they go from outbox to sent I think :?
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Well you got one when I logged off or maybe after Andy, I know this, cos you replied - LOL

Having logged off a couple of hours ago and now logged back on, one to Silver (with a hint of RED) Zipper is still sat there!
Go figure ? :? ?
kevg

Post by kevg »

i think when you send a PM, it stays in your inbox untill the recipient reads it, then it leaves your box.
cheerz

kev
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Nope,

Just replied to AndyC - message is in 'Outbox' not 'Sentbox' 8O

Logged out and back in again, just in case, damn thing is still in 'Outbox' :x

Doh! :?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

From the forum documentation.......

"4.3.3: The Outbox
When you send a PM, the message goes to your Outbox. It remains in the Outbox until the recipient visits his/her Inbox, at which point it is moved from your Outbox to their Inbox. While the message remains in your Outbox you may edit or delete your post if you like. The message remains in your control until it is received.

4.3.4: The Savebox
The Savebox is provided as a place to keep important PMs. Often it is used to save valuable messages from the Inbox, and then you can use the Delete All function to discard the rest.

You may save messages in your Inbox by selecting the messages (with the checkboxes next to each message) and clicking Save Marked."
Rich.

RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Thanks Rich

Is there a limit on the 'Savebox'?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

RedStormV wrote: Is there a limit on the 'Savebox'?
50 in the inbox
25 in the sent items
50 in the saved messages.
Rich.