Problem with pm's again

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
clayderman

Problem with pm's again

Post by clayderman »

When I try and send a pm I get an error screen saying this

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

Anyone else got issues?
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Well I guess I'll wait and see what happens and try again later.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Don't know what the cause is, but it seems from doing a quick search on Google, that it something that happens from time to time on other forums too.

Isn't PHPBB (Bulletin Board) what this forum is written in / or based on?

Dunno what the PHP means, perhaps just trade name?

What we needs is either a 'grown up' (Mod / Admin) to explain, or a 'puter geek like Toby (where is Toby?).
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Wooooo totally wierd!!!

Had no problem posting to forum until I tried PM'ing FireMonkey re Jamie donations, when I got the above message.

Presumably it's happening because his 'Inbox' is full, he's going to log on later and check.

Problem is now, sometimes but not everytime when I try posting, I get the same message coming up.

[edit] this oneit didn't, the one about SS fastners just before, it did!

I've clicked back and copied my intended text just in case, but then when I've gone to check, it appears my post has actually gone OK and has not been affected by the BUG.

Anyone experiencing this, don't try re-posting till you've checked if it's gone on OK or we'll have multiple postings all over the forum.

Cheers,

Graeme.
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

Well I seem to be getting no luck still with pm's :( it wouldn't be so bad but I think Chuxta's desperate for the tyre I have for him.
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

Just got a reply PM from Chris, and replied back to him.

Don't know if he's received my reply or not, but I did get the Error 234 message again when I replied.

Is message still in you Outbox or Sentbox or neither?

If in Sent box, then Chuxsta's logged on and received it. If in your Outbox, then he's not logged on yet or not checked his messages.

If in neither, then I'm fecked if I know :lol:
clayderman

Post by clayderman »

There's some in my sentbox and some in my outbox, he's been online since I've been sending them so obviously he's not getting them or he's ignoring me :? can't say I blame him really.
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

OK Guys and Gals ....

News alert .....

When you get the following message :

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

Please don't re-post your message, or click your 'back' button and try posting or sending your PM again. 8O

It's working truly it is :lol: :lol:

All you do is end up sending multiple PM's or posting the same reply 2, 3 or 4 times.

BTW, if you do duplicate posts, the delete button works, at least until someone posts again, not sure if you can still delete after or not.