Permissions required for the forum???

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
TheGingerBeardMan

Permissions required for the forum???

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Ok.

I'm logged in...I can see my name at the top.

I also can see who else is logged in...

Each section has it's own box (topics / sales / etc).

If I click on just the box for the main topics (General chat/bike chat etc) it states, in black writing beneath the section:

''You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.''

:wtf:

Never seen that before. Glitch? Irrelevant? Disregard? Un-plug computer and sell cos it's faulty? Move to New Zealand? Take the woman from next door with me? Don't tell her Husband?
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
VTRDark

Re: Permissions required for the forum???

Post by VTRDark »

Disregard it's either a glitch in the way the forum sections are setup or an area out of reach for mere standard users, not that your very standard and are in fact quite unique in your own kind of way. You will find parts of the forum that are not utilised just like the Usergroups under your control panel. We're one big clan around here.

==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Hmm. Many thanks for the speedy reply Carl. Ok then a glitch n' disregard it is then.

So, they site will not be getting updated or changed to phpBB 3.2.0-RC2 "Bertie Reconnaissance Orbiter". Just exploring stuff within, and I like the way this page is running - would be a bugger if it was upgraded to the new release and everything went either breasts skywards, or confused the hell out of me even more than I already am.

Yes, I'm a bit unique. Me mum always used to say I was ''special''.

My Father had a nervous cough when my mum said this, and he'd turn away and cough what sounded like the word ''NEEDS'' onto his newspaper.

Thanks hevver so much. :thumbup:

Quick edit - I have no clue what they're talking about on that phpBB page. All computer whizz-kid stuff. But, thought I'd click the ''powered by'' to see what it was about.... It went in one ear....and fell out the same ear (never even got a chance to go in far enuff!)
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

As Carl says "Disregard" it Dave. There have been no changes made in the ACP (Admin Control Panel) as I have just checked. So providing it's not interrupting your use of the forum, then carry on as usual :)

Chris.