msn

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
kevstorm

msn

Post by kevstorm »

can anybody help me ,got msn messenger 7.5 can sign in ok with no probs, can see the emails people have sent me ,but cant open them up to read them ,keeps coming up "match the charactors ,then says microsoft has encountered a problem,then shuts down :cry: :(
kevstorm

msn

Post by kevstorm »

yeh tried everything,everything else ok just cant open the messages ,its doing my head in :evil: :lol:
kevstorm

msn

Post by kevstorm »

yeh im sure its my computer ,even gone into the program to repair it but still the same , its strange cos my son had his messenger icon next to mine but hes has gone and both the icons are both mine now maybe thats got something to do with it ??? 8O
kevg

Post by kevg »

you may have an earlier version of msn still active on your pc, when you installed 7.5, you will have found that there could still be 2 versions listed in the start menu. maybe deleting the earlier version might help. also do you have an onboard mail service like outlook active, does msn use this to display your mails. i use msn but don't use it for mail so i don't know about this bit, i use yahoo which is an offsite mail servar for me, outlook doesn't really get much use.
cheerz

kev