phpBB problem

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Stratman

phpBB problem

Post by Stratman »

Maybe someone can assist?

I run a small bulletin board like this one on our bike club website. Earlier today I inadvertantly deleted the folder that contained it from the server. :evil: If I look on the control panel in php Admin, all the records etc are there, but how do I get it back to run properly and locate it back in the right folder? Additionally, should the folder be created at the same level as the public html files or within them?

PM me if that would be easier! :)

Thanks
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

OldBob

Post by OldBob »

Hi Stratman

If the site is "hosted", you could raise a support ticket asking for the folder to be restored from the latest backup. Taking a backup of the data first of course.

Most hosts backup on a daily basis, and as the data is still there in the database, it should work as soon as it's restored.

Just say that your "apprentice" deleted it by mistake during a cleanup exercise. :oops: :lol:

Not too sure about phpBB, but folders usually go in the public_html folder. Any folder outside of that are usually inaccessible to WebFolk.[/b]
The man with the cam (http://www.d70portfolio.com)
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Thanks Bob - I have spoken to them just now and hopefully they will be able to backup prior to my (ahem) apprentices error :lol:

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Never did get it sorted out as they couldn't back up just one site, so I re-installed another and tinkered with the formatting to match the main site
http://easternriders.net/forum/