city of london (tower hill)

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
breakerm

city of london (tower hill)

Post by breakerm »

slow it down a bit and get your halo on around the city of london area ( tower hill and surrounding areas)
for the next week or so i got a ticket for going in a cycle lane..

and was talking to the copper and he said that they are clamping down on bike for a few weeks... even if ya dont get a pull, the cameras will be doing most of the work......
VTRDark

Re: city of london (tower hill)

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: I'm often up and down Upper Thames st. It's quite common for bikes (mostly scooters) to avoid the traffic jams by going into the narrow cycle bit on the left to avoid traffic. Done it myself a few times on the odd occasion. Normally I filter like a mad man through the jams with HGV's either side. It's a bit iffy hence the cycle lane getting used. What's the odds on a motorcyclist or scooter getting killed by one of those lorries now if they are clamping down :eek2

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

cybercarl wrote:Thanks for the heads up :thumbup: I'm often up and down Upper Thames st. It's quite common for bikes (mostly scooters) to avoid the traffic jams by going into the narrow cycle bit on the left to avoid traffic. Done it myself a few times on the odd occasion. Normally I filter like a mad man through the jams with HGV's either side. It's a bit iffy hence the cycle lane getting used. What's the odds on a motorcyclist or scooter getting killed by one of those lorries now if they are clamping down :eek2

thats the spot mate.... wombles nitemare every morning its not so much the HGV's its the tipper lorrys that are the biggest danger to us and cyclist treating them like big cars

good bit of info i got from the copper was that if the line is broken we can use it.. but if solid line you cant.... i tried smooth talking him thinking he might give me a slap on the wrist, it didnt work though......ill have to get on my knees next time... :smiley-blowjob:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

good bit of info i got from the copper was that if the line is broken we can use it.. but if solid line you cant....
That is the highway code :lol: Not that we always obey it to the letter :shh: I will along there now for a while. Or maybe I shall avoid it altogether and go the other side of the river then over Southwark bridge.

I did wonder how long it would take them to catch onto that little money earner, the scooters take the real piss, even bullying the cyclists out the way. They really should do something about the lorries along that stretch though as it is a real danger. There's more lorries than cars with most of them heading for the highway. Then there's the stretch just around the bend, by the lights, alongside the Tower. I have had to cut up lorries before to get myself over to the left side if I want to go left towards Aldgate or move up quicker towards the lights if going down the Highway. They should remove that barrier (paved central island bit) from the centre of the road along there so at least we can whip along the right hand side to get to the lights then.

It as if these obstructions are purposely put in place so we are forced into endangering ourselves more.

==============================Enter the Darkside