Knockhill Aprillia School

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

firestorm_al
Site Admin

Knockhill Aprillia School

Post by firestorm_al »

Just got hold of a couple of photos of myself from the Aprillia school I did earlier this month. The photos were taken on my first session on the track hence why I'm so vertical ( Well that's my excuse anyway! ).

Al.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Cool, i did a Ron Haslams Race School Day back in last summer, i'll dig out the photies asap..........
Skatrekker

Are you sure ?

Post by Skatrekker »

That can't be Knockhilll, the sun's shining !!!!!!!!
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Sure is. 2nd September. Four of us ended up riding down from Aberdeen via Glenshee. What a run and what an afternoon on the track!! 8)
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

are they Mille's i see there.......?????
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Yip! ( Hence why it's called the Aprilia Superbike School :wink: )

They do a couple of levels on the Mille's then, if they let you, you can do the advanced school on the 250! 8O

The Mille's they use are basically normal RSV's with the 100bhp restrictions still on, fibreglass fairings, smaller front sprocket and more crach bungs you can shake a stick at. Absolutly top bike though even if it was restricted. 8)

For me never having been on a track before it was the way to do it. I was planning on doing some track days on the Storm next year but I guess that that idea is oot the windae! :cry:

al.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

"out the window".why.....

didnt fall off did you???

mind you, i did the honda back in April at Donnigton, (which was blinding), and then said i was i was gonna loads on the storm, but wifey as yet still hasnt allowed me..... (something about falling off your own that doesnt sound appealing)...

i was looking at doing a Ducatti day next year....anyone done it??? value for money??

Getting back to the Apprilia,

i was looking at either RSVR or SP2 for next bike.... how does the RSVR compare? how much was the Aprilia day, do they use any other tracks???

(Scottie may a bit far to run).....
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

essexbloke wrote:"out the window".why.....
My bike is, unfortunately, up for sale! :cry:

Getting back to the Apprilia,
essexbloke wrote:i was looking at either RSVR or SP2 for next bike.... how does the RSVR compare? how much was the Aprilia day, do they use any other tracks???
It's a knockhill only thing. The one I did should have been £200 but I bought the place off my boss who couldn't go.

I've not had a shot of an SP1/2 but I've ridden an RSV-R on the road and can recomend it. The slipper clutch is excellent and the suspension setup for the road is spot on straight out of the crate. The RSV-R has Ohlins suspension as standard so I can't comment on the standard RSV but the ones at Knockhill were excellent too but could have done being a bit stiffer on the track.

The RSV engine feels like a cross between the Storm engine and a big in-line 4. A lot more "revvy" and not as much engine braking but that was possibly something to do with the slipper clutch.

Al.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

cheers m8, gonna have to get me a go on an rsv then.,....