Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Wicky

Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Post by Wicky »

Righty - Following on from the success of Tony's splendiferous Workshop Days over in Kent - I'll be holding the first Essex Workshop Day on Saturday 7 April (Easter Weekend) with a fall back day to the following Saturday 14 April if weather on the actual day is an impediment to tinkering. Open from 10.00am and if we have time afterwards we can pop out for a spin afterwards bearing in mind sunset @8pm.

PM me near the day for address.

What's it all about http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... vice-club/

Tony's previous Spring Workshop Day: http://gallery.me.com/spaderunner/100348

Signed up: Tony.Mon (expert knowhow), Bazza696 + bruv (he who converts CCTS - clutch), Jonesey (brake bleeder extraordinaire), LumpyV (CCTs), bigspanishmarty (If it's not his birthday). masterdave (CCTs and hanger replacement), geodude (bike pron vids & assorted lubricants), jd-man (bright candy blue cheerleader), Kev L (spectator), vik (tiramisu), MacV2 (red 'un)

Bring your own tools and parts necessary to do whatever jobs you have lined up and someone should be able to steer you through the job with great advice. We should have enough rear and front stands, jacks and hoists necessary for most jobs, but list what tasks you need doing and I'll collate the info on this first post to ensure we have someone with experience and Honda heavy duty hammers and special tools on hand.
Last edited by Wicky on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 8 times in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Re: Workshop Day - Colchester Essex - April 7

Post by benny hedges »

put me down for having my bike cleaned by bazza :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

As long as you come down on the 'ped - I'll dig out my mum's ol' C90 so you can get home :wink:
benny hedges wrote:put me down for having my bike cleaned by bazza :thumbup:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

geodude

Post by geodude »

I am not sure whats happening over Easter yet but if I am free I may pop along if I have any spare cash. I don't have a storm but I am good at making videos and taking pictures :D My tea isn't too bad and I make a killer coffee with a cafetiere :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
jd-man

Post by jd-man »

Hi all can the best colour of all come http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9138/022zpx.jpg
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2631/020kh.jpg :biggrin wood like to see some of the members :wave:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

geodude, jd-man, the more the merrier!

jd-man is there anything that you plan to tinker with on the bike?

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

jd-man wrote: wood like to see some of the members :wave:
im sure owners of a particular colour will be more than happy to show you their members.... :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I would like to come along if that's alright. Don't need any jobs done myself but I will bring along tools if needed.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
geodude

Post by geodude »

I've decided. My next storm will be blue!!

That is all!
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

A very wise decision young man. Join the candy Tahitian blue crew. There really is no way to say that without sounding gay!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Is there any plans for a workshop day to be held a bit further North any time soom? A 420mile round trip is a bit too much for me!
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Or one in Hampshire ish?
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I need a new clutch fitting and my brother may come down on his cbf125 and have jonesy cast How healing hands over his brakes.

Wicky I will bring the clutch, oil, tools and paddock stands down Friday evening if that's okay.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bazza696 wrote:I need a new clutch fitting and my brother may come down on his cbf125 and have jonesy cast How healing hands over his brakes.

Wicky I will bring the clutch, oil, tools and paddock stands down Friday evening if that's okay.
Don't forget the clutch side gasket.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

That's fine - I've got some gasket dissolver spray and scraper if the old one comes apart. Tony's got the special clutch locking tool if you need it + I have a long breaker bar i.e scaffold pole!
bazza696 wrote:I need a new clutch fitting and my brother may come down on his cbf125 and have jonesy cast How healing hands over his brakes.