ChrisC

Re: Op Storm II Part 5, Rhayader Sept 13th 2014

Post by ChrisC »

Have a good weekend everyone, Ride Safe :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Flatty,
hope you are going to get the benny bench dragged under your gazebo like last yr. I guess we have to pull rank if another group of campers are already using it :lol:
AMcQ
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Haven't had any luck with sorting my bike out... still running like crap and iv'e no idea why so the chances of me making this weekend are looking grim. If I don't make it, hope weather holds for you and you all have great time!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Shaun

its not an air lock in the tank? mine did similar after sitting out in the sun on a full tank. I think opening the fuel cap would have fixed it.

other than that can you confirm that the petrol vac line that opens the tap is not split?
AMcQ
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Shaun

its not an air lock in the tank? mine did similar after sitting out in the sun on a full tank. I think opening the fuel cap would have fixed it.

other than that can you confirm that the petrol vac line that opens the tap is not split?
Not an air lock on the tank... have swapped the tank out (was quicker to drop my spare tank on than undo the pipes to both petcocks) so illuminated possible probs with petcock or blockages with tank etc. Can't see any split in the pipes... Bike starts fine, ticks over and you can rev on the spot but soon as you put it under load runs awful. It feels like there's a miss.. but I think it feels that way simply because it's a twin and running lumpy. Iv'e kinda got the feeling that it is lack of fuel. Seems when you try to ride the bike... when you back off the throttle you can feel the engine smoothing out ( if that makes sense) What ever the problem... it just came on with out warning, bike was running fine.

There is one thing... when i picked the bike up.. took for test run, came back and it looked like I had wet myself (dry day) There was water built up under the petrol cap which had run down the back of the tank (drain pipe was attached somewhere it shouldn't of been so effectively it was like being blocked) Bought and rode bike home and it run spot on until only a few hundred yards from my house then started running a bit crappy. First thing I did was swap out to my 19lt tank set up and re fuel.. bike hasn't missed a beat since until now.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

have you got water in the bottom of the float bowls?

is it worth opening the drain screws on the carbs
AMcQ
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

cheekykev wrote:UP DATE

Ok guys and girls, a few more have dropped out, so this is the list to date :thumbup:

Me &cheekyads
Tony.mon
AMCQ46
Flatline
Shauned71 -----------------------+ mate named Firespook
Steve97 ---------------------------+ another
geodude ------------------------- ? maybe calling in to see us all
Miztaziggy
bazza696
adyf
budd
slower110
grumpyfrog
Steve6088 ------------------------+ another
leemorganartworx -------------- will try and be there for Saturday ride
kev64
adewhitmarsh----------------------- Maybe coming for Saturday ride
Jamoi
MacV2

If I've missed anyone off, or you've changed your mind then please post up so I can keep track :thumbup:
If you're not familiar with group rides or the second man drop off system, then please see link http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=25791
all will be explained before we set of on a ride, if you're not sure about any part of it, please don't be embarrassed, just ask and someone will happily help
:thumbup:
Good news, I've managed to book us all in at The Eagles Inn for Saturday night, see link, http://www.theeaglesinn.co.uk/bed-and-breakfast
for those that haven't been before it is just a short walk from the campsite and very biker friendly, the owner (Bob) said he has a dining room that will hold up to 24 people which he'll quite happily reserve for us.
So that's it guys and girls, not much more I can do now,
the rest is up to you
:beer: :Beer Popcorn: :Beer1: :Group Hug: :sheep shagger: :sick: whatever lights your candle :lol:

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT, I should be down there for about 6.30 / 7.00
Probably best for me and dave to meet you there at the Eagle Kev? Seems a bit pointless coming to the site only to drive to the B&B. Can you text me the time you lot will be there so we can leave in good time. :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Shauned71 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Shaun

Not an air lock on the tank... have swapped the tank out (was quicker to drop my spare tank on than undo the pipes to both petcocks) so illuminated possible probs with petcock or blockages with tank etc. Can't see any split in the pipes... Bike starts fine, ticks over and you can rev on the spot but soon as you put it under load runs awful. It feels like there's a miss.. but I think it feels that way simply because it's a twin and running lumpy. Iv'e kinda got the feeling that it is lack of fuel. Seems when you try to ride the bike... when you back off the throttle you can feel the engine smoothing out ( if that makes sense) What ever the problem... it just came on with out warning, bike was running fine.

There is one thing... when i picked the bike up.. took for test run, came back and it looked like I had wet myself (dry day) There was water built up under the petrol cap which had run down the back of the tank (drain pipe was attached somewhere it shouldn't of been so effectively it was like being blocked) Bought and rode bike home and it run spot on until only a few hundred yards from my house then started running a bit crappy. First thing I did was swap out to my 19lt tank set up and re fuel.. bike hasn't missed a beat since until now.
Shaun if you want, you n Mark could stay here if you want to come over here, I can drive us all to the Eagle and back and you and mark are welcome to a room here afterwards if you want to make the Pub trip with the lads? Just an idea.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
darkember

Post by darkember »

Great ride out yesterday and meeting up again. Was too tired to switch on the pc last night. All of you on the road today be safe and alert as you head home.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Glad you made it Will was great to see you and ride out again,hope everything works out for the best,see you soon I hope ,take care mate,big thanks to Kev,Al,Phil and especially Chris ,awesome weekend all round,see you at the next one,special man hugs going out to bazza ,good luck on Tuesday Mac must of been a bitch but you didn't complain enjoyed tailgunning very much,roll on next meet.
Knobby69

Post by Knobby69 »

A message to all those who turned up at Rhayader. Thank you for making me most welcome(as I did not know anyone before meeting them yesterday) and not taking the mick after knocking off my kill switch just as I arrived and wondering why it would not restart! I am used to dirt bikes where you just press to stop and road riding has been an extremely rare treat. I had a wonderful time, made all the nicer by those who took it upon themselves to organise the whole event. Being surrounded by revving V-twins really added to the fun.

Lots of mickey taking that was all handled with a sense of fun. If you were wondering if it is worthwhile going, but could not make it.......yes it is(even for me with a snapped ridge pole and and a collapsed tent dripping condensation on my face all night!) Never, ever a posefest, just people with my kind of attitude to riding

I left a little early for breakfast at a friends in Llanidloes, so again thank you and I hope to see you next year and perhaps at some other gatherings soon too.

Hope you all got home safely

Nigel (Black 97 + Fuel cans)
budd

Post by budd »

thanks to all for a brilliant weekend, :thumbup: it was a great turnout
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

:Mexican Wave: big thanks to the crazy bunch who yet again made a fantastic weekend.
Thanks Ady for keeping me dry on Thursday night and Phil for supplying the blue palace.
great to see some new faces as well as the regular nutters.
suppose that's the meetings over for another year, thanks everyone who does all the donkey work putting them all together.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I'm just in about 30 mins after a weekend total of 785 miles.

What a totally AWESOME FECKIN weekend.

Thanks to everyone who attended for making such a hoot !

We had amongst other things...

Leaking forks wrapped in socks... :clap:

People missing meet up points blaming navigational errors... :oops:

Some people turning up to the camp site with no cash to pay... :roll:

Lots of General baldrocks around the bench... :gossip:

Top tunes thanks DJ AL... :Rock2:

Plenty of booze... :Beer1:

A Bar-b-q... :Beer Popcorn:

More Booze... :Beer2:

Rather a lot of hot air... :fart1:

& that was just the first night !

The ride out on Saturday was simply a stunning day...Great roads, stunning scenery, ( not that we had time to look ) great routes, good weather...no breakdowns & no spills...Although Al got a bit miffed when someone knocked his drink over... :lol: :lol:

Sat eve in the Eagle Inn for refreshments & yet more booze & spouting baldrocks who by now had been promoted from General to Lieutenant General...

We also had ...

A bout of food poisoning... :sick: Amazingly not from the bbq on fri night but blamed on a dodgy lamb burger at the lunch stop...

We made fire ! Scavenging wood master Bazza ...Image

Al farted again...it was not good for anyone downwind :fart:

General piss taking of the ''Off Road set'' who had been arriving since Fri... Tarquin & Jemimah, ''Oh I say lets off road...''

Even more booze...Won in the pub raffle ... :lol: :burp:

& another promotion this time to Major General baldrocks. :gossip: :rolleyes4: :gossip:

Brekkie stop Sat morn...

Progressive & relaxed groups merge...

Lot & lots of :Group Hug: at the farewell tent packing ceremony...

When I got home after 785 miles over the weekend...

I think I need a new one... 8O

A big thank you to Flattie route-master & Ady tail gunner on Saturdays ride. Top work fella's... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...