Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 14 - 17 May 2015

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 14 - 17 May 2015

Post by AMCQ46 »

adyf wrote:That's a bloody shame watty ,maybe I should lead them to your house,hope everything is ok ,see you on the Scotland run maybe?

Watty & Artee,
will be good if you can get to the Scotland run, we start the fun in Settle and keep heading north of great roads, so it will be close for you guys to join in
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Just had a call from the old man, after picking up the Fazer he notice it had left a little puddle in his garage. So when I get home need to get the bike out and see if there is a coolant leak, if so looks like I might not be coming as well. Hoping its just come out the overflow pipe.

Will keep you informed.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bazza696 wrote:Just had a call from the old man, after picking up the Fazer he notice it had left a little puddle in his garage. So when I get home need to get the bike out and see if there is a coolant leak, if so looks like I might not be coming as well. Hoping its just come out the overflow pipe.

Will keep you informed.

its not your bike, just ride it and top up with coolant as needed :D
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
bazza696 wrote:Just had a call from the old man, after picking up the Fazer he notice it had left a little puddle in his garage. So when I get home need to get the bike out and see if there is a coolant leak, if so looks like I might not be coming as well. Hoping its just come out the overflow pipe.

Will keep you informed.

cant get to the filler cap without removing the entire fairing, and if it is leaking the owner will not permit me to take it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bazza696 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:

Will keep you informed.

cant get to the filler cap without removing the entire fairing, and if it is leaking the owner will not permit me to take it.

so that's it decided, its just some dripping out of the overflow..... no problem. we cant have an OP storm without Bazza :(
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

All sorted, it was chain lube and wd40 mixed with a hot engine that was all over the floor.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Thank wombles for that if bazza wasn't coming I'd stop at home,who else can pull off some of the Chav Suzuki?gear like him.see ya tomorrow mate have a great ride up.
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

So what time are ppl there for?
Bazza we still meet at services between 1-1.15?
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

gabi81 wrote:So what time are ppl there for?
Bazza we still meet at services between 1-1.15?
As long as my route is not closed I should be there by 1
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good, I thought you were trying to copy my coolant leak excuse.....

As regards MY coolant leak, the third welder had a go today, (technically the second welder having another go) and he blamed the first welder for using inferior rods (yawn...) But it still leaked. It seems that the crack is trying to go right round the engine and back again.
I got bored with welders, and so got out a couple of tubes of Liquid Metal crankcase repair stuff.
It takes 24 hours to set, though.

So tomorrow morning I'll tip some coolant in, and see if it flows out due to gravity- it did before, so if it doesn't I may be onto a winner. But then the real test, firing up the engine and warming it up, then after half an hour or so I'll let the engine get to full temperature and pressure. If no leaks, off to the MOT man, and if all ok I'll get going.

But tbh, it isn't filling me with any confidence, and I could do without a few boring hours sat beside the motorway waiting for a tow truck that can take bikes- they always send the wrong one first time, in my experience.
I'd say about 10% likely that I'll make it, sorry, but there it is.

Anyway, the weather bloke says it'll be warm and sunny down here, so that's a silver lining. Potentially.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Hopping the 10% is going to work out. Will be good if you can make it
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

That's a shame Tony, but top marks for effort!!

I am looking less and less likely to make it now myself. I moved house on Wednesday. It was all very last minute, and I had already an injured shin. Not sure what it is, feels like shin splints mixed with a torn muscle. Anyway moving house made it worse, I am walking like a right cripple now. It's on my right leg, so can change gear fine, but, with that and the house just being a total bomb site, and I will have a stinking hang over, I just don't feel like I will be able to make it.

Tony, if you really want to go, you could drive your car to my house (LS23 6TG so you can see how far it is, but it should be en route for you) and leave it here, take my bike from here. It's about 45 - 60 minutes to the camp site.

If I do decide to go, I will just go on my brother's bike, if he says it's OK. Even if not, I will drive up there in the car for the evening banter.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Chris, that's a great offer. I was only going to offer tony some bottles of water so he could keep topping up the rads.

But for you there is no backing out, you need to man up and get your butt onto leathers and limp to your bike.

Now we have your post code we will send Ady and Phil round to frighten your kids
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah man grow a pair ,what's up can't stand been beaten by a girly bloke on a little bmw? But seriously if you can't make it on the bike it will be a real bitch but I know a lots happening for ya right now so ,see ya Sat night for the piss taking.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thanks, guys, felling the man love but it's still leaking so I'll need to swap crankcases.
Just to throw in another small setback, there's no sparks and so I suspect when it was taken to the second welder they didn't disconnect the battery.
I'll ask around to see if i can borrow a spare set for testing purposes.

Problem with swapping crankcases is that although I have two spare sets they could both do with a rebore, and so the high comp pistons i have won't fit.
I'll have to have a little sit and think about what to do, and where to find the money.

I don;t want to scrap it and start again as I have a lot of expensive bits that need a home, and some that I haven't even tested yet, like the oversize valve heads.

Anyway, have one for me, :beer: and stay rubber side down.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.