Re: OP Storm SW Scotland mk3 Aug 7th, 8th, 9th 2015

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice one Ian..............more eating and drinking, imagine that :D
KermitLeFrog wrote:Caught in the act.
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

It's not obvious from the pic but that Prosecco bottle is empty....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:It's not obvious from the pic but that Prosecco bottle is empty....
is that why the photo is a bit blurred?, she was staggering again :lol:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol yeah but checkout the guy behind me stuffing icecrean into him :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fabiostar wrote:lol yeah but checkout the guy behind me stuffing icecrean into him :clap:
He's practicing his "come on" for the Claude Van Damme man in the pub...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i suppose its better than the ,SPECIAL FWIND. i got in the bar lol... with his rather to tight fitting jeans :beer:
macdee

Post by macdee »

good to see you all had a great time and it looked dry :thumbup:
ahh well maybe next year
told you not to but oh no you knew better
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

macdee wrote:good to see you all had a great time and it looked dry :thumbup:
ahh well maybe next year
you really have to get to one of these weekends :D . look out for a op storm comming to a town near you next year....lock up you sheep lol
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Just reading the posts and catching up I can't stop grinning. Nice to know you're not all just weekend abusers and you can keep it going all week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some Pics
It was around here the scenery started to pick up and the roads got a bit more interesting.

And going across here with saddle bags, tent and clip ons should be turned into an Olympic sport.

And Yes! We couldn't Stop Ali from attracting the local sheep. One even stood out in the middle of the road and flagged him down!

No more time for pics until we reached Scotland after that. But we did a fantastic route with just the right mix of lanes , dual carriage ways, sweepers and everything else in between to keep it interesting

And then Ady was tie tie, so he had a little lie down.

At the camp-site we caught up with the final two of our group and after a re giggle of the tents we got out some refreshment and got set up.

View of Kirkudbright from the camp site

Of course it would be rude to not go and support the local economy. So we went and had a few beers :thumbup:

Where Fabio amazed us with his dancing, not his snooker. I think Stevie let him win one so he didn't go home crying.

I think Ali wanted to show me what finger was he had used on the sheep which didn't get out of the way fast enough. Meanwhile, Ian had just realised his glass was empty and whiley young Stu, realising i had whipped the camera out for a crafty pic, sucked his tummy in and nonchalantly admires his pecks

Oh, and this is the face you make when you text a message to your wife .....but send it to your girlfriend 8O

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Next morning , after a hearty breakfast, we went out to watch the rush hour traffic.

Just starting to get into the flow of things and then we had to make an unscheduled stop!

Ians chain had let go and rather spectacularly spat it self at Fabio and me who were directly behind . All things considered we all got away with it rather lightly.

Ever the opportunist. Whilst we were all pre occupied Stu could resist any longer.
Just be glad the phone was in photo mode. If it had been in video mode I would have had to put 3 X's on the header 8O

So off we shot one man down but no less detered ( and Ian was going to catch up with us later on his other bike if he could).
Stopped just past Turnberry for a light lunch and then back on it to pastures new.

Now, I don't know if it was too many pies at lunch but at the next fuel stop we had another broken chain 8O

So, change of plans, a quick detour to the local bike shop (50 miles) got some bits and we were back on the road ready to go.

Off back into the hills again. Through some of the quietest ,prettiest, twistiest bit of road I've been on. Really should have had a bike cam for that section but it would have only got some of the others in trouble :shh: :angel:

Stopped for a coffee and then found out why there are so many midges up there...They keep them as pets! 8O

It's a lovely bit of the country. I can't believe it's so unspoiled and quiet.

Anyone thinking of doing this next year should really just go ahead and do it, you wont regret it :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice write up Pete, glad you were taking a note of what we were doing and why.

photos will make me smile as I keep readjusting to normality for the rest of the week
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Without doubt the best features of this area is the combination of winding / scenic roads and very low traffic on the side roads. The food and beer are a bonus.

If you could only control the weather it would be biking nirvana, and although you could make the same claims for almost all of Scotland, this region is so accesable being just 60miles from Carlisle.

You all owe it to your biker soul to get up there and rediscover the freedom.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

that made me smile looking at those pics :D . nice one Pete. and some of the best roads iv ever ridden :thumbup: