AMcQ
lloydie

Re: Op Devonstorm 2015 July 17/18/19 & 20th if you want UPDA

Post by lloydie »

True :-)
popkat

Post by popkat »

cybercarl wrote:Thanks for the pics guys. I really appreciate you showing me what I missed. :lol: :lol: I really must make more effort to make it next year. Tin foil hats look great by the way.

(:-})

He's not worked it out, is someone going to have to tell him, although they know and we know and they knew before we knew maybe, Carls favourite place. All the extra effort and ridiculous hairpins to get there. Or does he know and keeping quiet incase they don't know but they should know....Now I'm confussed :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Thanks for the pics guys. I really appreciate you showing me what I missed. :lol: :lol: I really must make more effort to make it next year. Tin foil hats look great by the way.

He's not worked it out, is someone going to have to tell him, although they know and we know and they knew before we knew maybe, Carls favourite place. All the extra effort and ridiculous hairpins to get there. Or does he know and keeping quiet incase they don't know but they should know....Now I'm confussed :lol:
:lol: :lol:

So whilst having an post Golf championship cool off ice lolly Malc pointed out this...

So a ridiculous plan was hatched to go find a shop, get some tin foil, ride up to the 'site', take a picture & scarpper pronto befor the mind rays took effect...or was it armed guards...

The ridiculous plan was of course Tonys idea...

It cant be that secret as I saw at leaste 1 road sign pointing the way to it at a junction... :lol:
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The Motorcycle Brakedown Diaries...
Clacket lane services neddle swap, not really a brake down as such just an adjustment...

Reading Services, by now the vacume issue had appeard...Mark & Marty had met us there.
Marks trying to think of something else far more interesting, Marty...lord knows...It aint aerobics thats for sure...

Having made it as far as Gordano services, met up with Pete & Grumpy, eaten, watered & evacuated bladders...The real fun began. Moved off & the Mudlark Express didn't make it to the fuel pumps...By this stage it had lost a bolt from the side stand bracket so had to be leaned up against something to work on...Some sort of Vac issue/fuel pump I got bored & went & rang Malc to see if he could help out with a bolt for when we got there...Any way after a lot of sweating,(Marty mainly) swearing,(Grumpy mainly, but to be fair it's normal converstion)flat battery, pushing & laughing( Me & Mark Mainly)...It fired up & roared into life & all was happy...2 hours later...
On arrival at destination DevonStorm 2015 out came the tools again to fix the side stand...

Saturday Morning fule stop at start of the days ride...gear change adjustment...Now at this point the attention turned to Mark who had a bit of slack in his chain...

The tools had been out several times at each stop to wipe oil off from the scot oiler & re adjust the chain which kept 'stretching' turned out part of the chain adjuster had broken so a temp fix was made as follows...

Later that night at the pub Mark was christened 'Shilling' he still owes me 5p...
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Right on Sunday Dave on the red Storm showed up at the chalets in the morning for the days ride out...

During a chat at the cream tea stop later that day, talking to him he tells me he's been unable to log in fully so a plan was hatched...

I took he's name & mail which I've passed on to Sirch to re activate...

He cant find anything under that name...So does anybody know Dave Thomas's user name ? Coz it aint Dave Thomas...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Friday Eve all 11 bikes so must of been pre pub stroll...

So this was on the wall in pride of place behind the bar of the holiday center entertainment centre...Mr Richard himself in his 1922 style bathing suit. Apparently the first know photo of surfing in Devon...envn though it's a belly board not a surf board...Mark was intriuged by this picture...was it the crotch area or something else...? My first question was why was he doing the ironing on the beach...look closely & see if you can spot the issue...NO DEVONSTORMERS PLEASE !
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

11 bikes parked up over night only one bird strike & it was roughly parked in the middle, that Gull must of had a grudge... :lol:

Lunch stop Saturday...Fishermans Cot ?

Last re-group of the day, stretch the legs have a smoke...

CK & Lloydies pre bed time lube up or something... :wink:
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

at this rest point there was a few of us waiting for our heart rate to settle down a bit, there was some spirited riding to get there and a motorhome moment for Popkat.

Funny as hell when Malc mate on the old GSX EFE gave chase after we flew past him...... now he could handle that big old bus, but the yellow storms were too strong for him :lol:
AMcQ
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

MacV2 wrote:Image

look closely & see if you can spot the issue...NO DEVONSTORMERS PLEASE !
Hmmm. My first thought was his feet look all mashed up? But then I thought about the sun.

Is that the sun behind him top left? or is that yer flash from the camera?

If it is the sun, then the light is behind him top left, so why are the shadows cast in the wrong direction?

Was this a studio pic with a fake background and artificial light?

Maybe it's NOT a surf or belly board...

Maybe it's just the size of the lolly sticks from back in the day, when you REALLY got yer moneys worth!???

Are you sure he's not just finished a giant Magnum?
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He's not worked it out, is someone going to have to tell him, although they know and we know and they knew before we knew maybe, Carls favourite place. All the extra effort and ridiculous hairpins to get there. Or does he know and keeping quiet incase they don't know but they should know....Now I'm confused :lol:
Now I'm confused because I thought I knew. I did know, well...I didn't know but then I did as there are great big satellite dishes behind you. Did you pick up any signals :lol:

For those of you that don't know GCHQ Bude is how our government get away with spying on us on such a deep level. They get given the info via third party. The British gov as far as I am aware are not legally, well, not been passed through parliament anyway, are not allowed to snoop to the levels the NSA do. The Yanks can legally do it. The NSA put a heck of a lot of money, millions or billions I can't remember which but big money into the building and it's equipment to get it up and running. They monitor everything in and out of the country's telecommunication lines by intercepting/sniffing out all the data and keeping records of it as it passes through cyberspace.

==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl, that photo is the big GCHQ in Cheltenham, I think Bude is all radar dishes and tin foil
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Image

look closely & see if you can spot the issue...NO DEVONSTORMERS PLEASE !
Hmmm. My first thought was his feet look all mashed up? But then I thought about the sun.

Is that the sun behind him top left? or is that yer flash from the camera?

If it is the sun, then the light is behind him top left, so why are the shadows cast in the wrong direction?

Was this a studio pic with a fake background and artificial light?

Maybe it's NOT a surf or belly board...

Maybe it's just the size of the lolly sticks from back in the day, when you REALLY got yer moneys worth!???

Are you sure he's not just finished a giant Magnum?
Nowt to do with shadows GBM...flash went off thats the refelction top left...It has been photoshoped as there is a pic downstairs on the same site it has someone standing next to him in that one...In 1922 you only got one shot at a time... As I said my comment at the time was why is he ironing on the beach...Extreme Ironing the early days... :lol:
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Carl, that photo is the big GCHQ in Cheltenham, I think Bude is all radar dishes and tin foil
Yeah it's the ''listening'' post...Google it Al & wait for the knock on the door...We all are & we only stopped fo 5 mins... :lol: