Op Devonstorm 2015 July 17/18/19 & 20th if you want UPDATED

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

bigtwinthing

Re: Op Devonstorm 2015 July 17/18/19 & 20th if you want UPDA

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:Image
11 bikes parked up over night only one bird strike & it was roughly parked in the middle, that Gull must of had a grudge... :lol:

Lunch stop Saturday...Fishermans Cot ?

Last re-group of the day, stretch the legs have a smoke...

CK & Lloydies pre bed time lube up or something... :wink:

Sunday morn stop from here we went Golfing...

Thats looks a bit slim for lloydie!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Feck off ! I've lost a few stone :)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

that was a complimented ya sod!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Really ? You need to try harder next time lol :-)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I think we all managed to lose a few pounds that weekend

Mainly over the bar :beer:
:D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Really ? You need to try harder next time lol :-)
what and not sound "Gay"
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Don't loose any more Lloydie. I think you are perfect just the way you are :D

:thumbup:
And me and my bike fit perfectly in your slip stream.
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pete.L wrote:Don't loose any more Lloydie. I think you are perfect just the way you are :D

:thumbup:
And me and my bike fit perfectly in your slip stream.
See that's more like it :-)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i can hear banjo,s playing !!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Me too, ain't it strange I hear them too !
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Madame Marty would be proud. :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Devon run facts & figures...

Morning of Friday 17/07/15 *

£99.73 worth of unleaded later. or 82.45l or 18ish** gallons or 4.34 tank full's @ 19l tank...

Monday PM 20/07/15

So 773.2 / 18 = 42.96 mpg...not bad me thinks ***

There is a possibility that more was spent on food & drink than fuel over the weekend...but I didn't add that up... :burp:

* 0 Miles pic was taken on Thurs when loading up bike...but I left home on Friday morn...

** Conversion of l to UK gal's gave a fig of 18 + 1. somthing pints...so MPG fig is approx give or take.

*** The first fill up I made at Clacket lane on Fri morn I forgot to get a receipt so have estimated that fill & used 8.20l about £10 worth but it could be less so figs would change...

At the end of the day thats not bad for a weekend away with two days of riding thrown in along with the return journey...
IIRC Wales last year was 850ish miles & about £150 in fuel.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You really need to get laid Mac !
Getting to ocd over things
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

ocd? O.C.D?

Erm, I've kept EVERY fuel receipt since getting the storm. All numbered, with the mileage written at the top of the receipt on each fill up. Then, they are put into the Storms folder. I've done the same with every bike I've had. Yup, sad to some young folk, but you'd be surprised the amount of riders out there that log everything and keep physical paperwork in loads of ring-binders. I too, have no life.

And as for getting laid? Last time was March 2006. 9 years and 4 months. (through my own choice I might add)

Beat that y'all.

If you read Guy Martins book, he's pretty much the same. Women are fine for cooking stuff, smelling nice and making a house look neat. Yes, they're nice to squeeze n prod in certain places, and the bedroom antics can be supplied should I feel the need...but I don't. They (women) just get too, erm, "emotionally in the way" of me running my life. And more importantly, they get in the way of the bikes. I dropped the current "relationship" as it was just head-nipping and baby-sitting me cos I'm not in the best of health, and it was nothing but "worry-worry-worry" when I said I'm going for a spin. Then, "are you eating alright...have you slept...?"

"Too much lass!", "back off!". I don't need that bollox in my life, and I don't need a neat house where you can't put a wet coffee cup down without a coaster....or not be allowed to work on stuff in the kitchen...or spray-paint panels in the spare bedroom, or have a dog run riot, knacker the carpet and get dog hair n dried in slobber absolutely everywhere, or, have bike folk round sometimes who will trash the place.

The woman I would look for, needs to be the kind you see in the American bike films. The one who is fine with the lifestyle, my opinions, and who doesn't try to control what I do.

Hmmm. Short of leaving for the States and tracking one down, I'll probably depart this planet on my own. And that doesn't bother me at all!

Saturday night. Insulin dialled in. Plenty beer in the fridge, a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey to work through, and an Irish Road Racing DVD from Duke to watch.

Proper!

:Beer Popcorn:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:ocd? O.C.D?

Erm, I've kept EVERY fuel receipt since getting the storm. All numbered, with the mileage written at the top of the receipt on each fill up. Then, they are put into the Storms folder. I've done the same with every bike I've had. Yup, sad to some young folk, but you'd be surprised the amount of riders out there that log everything and keep physical paperwork in loads of ring-binders. I too, have no life.

And as for getting laid? Last time was March 2006. 9 years and 4 months. (through my own choice I might add)

Beat that y'all.

If you read Guy Martins book, he's pretty much the same. Women are fine for cooking stuff, smelling nice and making a house look neat. Yes, they're nice to squeeze n prod in certain places, and the bedroom antics can be supplied should I feel the need...but I don't. They (women) just get too, erm, "emotionally in the way" of me running my life. And more importantly, they get in the way of the bikes. I dropped the current "relationship" as it was just head-nipping and baby-sitting me cos I'm not in the best of health, and it was nothing but "worry-worry-worry" when I said I'm going for a spin. Then, "are you eating alright...have you slept...?"

"Too much lass!", "back off!". I don't need that bollox in my life, and I don't need a neat house where you can't put a wet coffee cup down without a coaster....or not be allowed to work on stuff in the kitchen...or spray-paint panels in the spare bedroom, or have a dog run riot, knacker the carpet and get dog hair n dried in slobber absolutely everywhere, or, have bike folk round sometimes who will trash the place.

The woman I would look for, needs to be the kind you see in the American bike films. The one who is fine with the lifestyle, my opinions, and who doesn't try to control what I do.

Hmmm. Short of leaving for the States and tracking one down, I'll probably depart this planet on my own. And that doesn't bother me at all!

Saturday night. Insulin dialled in. Plenty beer in the fridge, a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey to work through, and an Irish Road Racing DVD from Duke to watch.

Proper!

:Beer Popcorn:
Bloody hell how different lives can be, I've been married 36 years this year and we have a great relationship, I've had bikes for 45 years and she has fitted in with them for 37 of them, we have toured europe with me and her only request was a back box with a pad to rest her back on and a good set of textiles.
She has saved my sanity and probably my life during my Cancer and i can't think of life without her.Gave me the most fantastic Daughter and always been there for me.
Iam a tw@ to live with too, aim very methodical, everything needs to be in its right place and thats how it will always be. I don't ever sleep in, iam up at 5 every day and were normally out by 8. We walk cycle ski and basically do everything together. However she has given up the bike now, hence the 1 seat bike that i actually want and didn't have to consider for her when i bought it.
How we all live differently eh. Sex i can't comment on! but we can't live without it for long ( about every 2 days) :lol: :lol:

Its about what makes you happy, were not here long are we!!!