2015 Trackdays

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

2015 Trackdays

Post by Miztaziggy »

So the weather's picking up, time me thinks to get some track days booked.

I'll be trying to do 6 or 7 this year between April - September, then a couple more in Oct if the weather's still good.
My bro (on the Zx6r) is in the process of buying a K4 GSXR1000 the same as mine, so I'll actually have some competition this year :D Can't wait. He's going for tyre warmers and spare wheels too hopefully.

So I'm wondering if anyone on here is still up for booking a day or two?
AMCQ?
Lloydie?
CK?
StuartWags?
Gaz?
Adyf (got a set of balls yet)? :P

The ones below are weekend dates that may suit people:
Sat 9th May - Mallory - £119
Sun 7th June - Mallory - £119
Sun 26th July - Mallory -£119
Sun 10th May - Cadwell - £139
Sat 6th June - Cadwell - £139

I am also looking at booking a few from the following list, is anyone going to be up for any of these?
Mon 27th Apr - Cadwell - £95 or £39 evening
Tues 28th Apr - Cadwell - £95 day
Weds 29th Apr - Oulton - £149
Weds 13th May - Oulton - £159
Weds 27th May - Oulton - £159

Obviously there are loads more listed on the site, generally Oulton on Wednesdays only, which is a shame, but, it really is by far and away the best track I've done so far. Blows Mallory, Donington and Cadwell out of the water, though Cadwell is a very close second.

Does anyone have any other plans to book anything for this year on any dates shown, including at any other tracks?

Other than that, I will definitely at some point this year do Silverstone on a full track set up weekend. There doesn't look to be many Nolimits weekends at Silverstone, so I will probably book direct on the Silverstone site as there are a few on there.

**edit**
The only available full GP circuit at silverston on their page is on the 5th of May. That's the Tuesday after the bank holiday.
I am very tempted to book this now. It's £175.
lloydie

Re: 2015 Trackdays

Post by lloydie »

I hope to be doing donni in May and maybe Mallory too not sure on dates yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I will be up for some..... may be about 3 .

cadwell, mallory will do.... cant commit to dates yet

Over the winter i have been focusing on getting a better foot position so i dont do this

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Stick it up someone's elbow :-) .
Hope you also been practicing staying on it too [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will be up for a few.. Want to do Oulton as I never got to race there.

Good to know your brother is going to put you under pressure... He's the the only one you have to beat :clap:
AMcQ
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

lloydie wrote:Stick it up someone's elbow :-) .
Hope you also been practicing staying on it too [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

i will be using the 3 balls approach
Balls on - of my feet on the footrest
Balls up - No balls ups - keep on the grey bits, rubber side down (i would shiny side up but that is not really applicable to my bike)
Balls out - bigger balls, so i don't get passed around the outside on Gerrards with Lloydie with his knee on the tarmac
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ha ha good plan :thumbup:

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:I will be up for a few.. Want to do Oulton as I never got to race there.

Good to know your brother is going to put you under pressure... He's the the only one you have to beat :clap:
Lol, well I didn't mean he'd be the only competition...I'm going to do inters this year, and will probably only be in the slowest half, but last year it got to the point where my brother was getting left behind a bit on a 600. Can't wait to give him a good race when we're on the same bike.

Oulton is awesome. Really.

My bro got back from a skiing holiday last month. While he was out there he got talking to another group of blokes in his hotel. Turns out these guys are real track day nuts, ex racers etc. I think he said they're doing their days on S1000RRs...expensive bike for track days.
Anyway, they got talking about tracks, and they said they've done just about most of the tracks in the UK and Europe. Their favourite out of all was Portimao, Portugal. But in the UK apparently they thought the best track was either Oulton or Brands on the full circuit. Close second was Silverstone.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll be doing trackdays hopefully from the end of next month. Just need to get the rsv on the road. Should have a bit more pace.

I'm aiming for one a month. Also touring europe in July
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:I'll be doing trackdays hopefully from the end of next month. Just need to get the rsv on the road. Should have a bit more pace.

I'm aiming for one a month. Also touring europe in July
Good stuff....sorry I forgot you off the list at the top. Glad you're getting back out this year.

Are you up for an early Oulton one, maybe 13th or 27th May?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

StuartWags wrote:I will be up for some..... may be about 3 .

cadwell, mallory will do.... cant commit to dates yet

Over the winter i have been focusing on getting a better foot position so i dont do this

put them on the pokey out peg things, or lift them up. :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

How could you forget me!

13th May sounds excellent to me. can't wait to get try this rsv.

let us know if you're booking.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I shall also be doing a few. Not sure what or when. Me and lloyd shall be planning them as and when. Supposed you asked after my dodgy pass at mallary :lol: will be good to do a few days with a group of us :thumbup:
almightytomo

Post by almightytomo »

Did my first one last year at Mallory on a mates R6. Had a great time.

Now booked for Monday 27th at Cadwell. Never been around the circuit though have spent loads of days watching racing there. Also I'll be using the Storm so have plumped for the Novice group.

Any recommendations for tyre pressures on the track? I've just had my forks Rogered otherwise it's standard road set up. Any advice on what to do to the bike other taking the mirrors off and taping over the speedo?

Cheers
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

almightytomo wrote:Did my first one last year at Mallory on a mates R6. Had a great time.

Now booked for Monday 27th at Cadwell. Never been around the circuit though have spent loads of days watching racing there. Also I'll be using the Storm so have plumped for the Novice group.

Any recommendations for tyre pressures on the track? I've just had my forks Rogered otherwise it's standard road set up. Any advice on what to do to the bike other taking the mirrors off and taping over the speedo?

Cheers
There'll be a van there that will set your tyre pressures for you. It'll depend on the type of tyre.
I usually find that a cold pressure of about 30psi (32 front and 30 rear) is what they set (that was on Michelin Power 3, Bridgestone BT016 and also Dunlops).