M25 meet for grainstorm 2

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

M25 meet for grainstorm 2

Post by agentpineapple »

last time mac hosted a workshop day, some of us meet at the Thurrock services and rode there in a group, for those who aren't sure of where mac lives and are coming from central London or north/east of London, it's an easy meet point. how does a 8.30am meet sound, leaving the service station about 9am, we'll be at macs before 9.30am.... :thumbup:
if anyones passing thru central London and wants to meet on route to the M25, let me know.... :thumbup:
Thurrock Motorway Services Area
M25
Grays
Essex
RM16 3BG
http://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Map:Thurrock

me
mike TW9
nana man
Essex mob
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri May 08, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Re: M25 meet for grainstorm 2

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:last time mac hosted a workshop day, some of us meet at the lakeside services and rode there in a group, for those who aren't sure of where mac lives and are coming from central London or north/east of London, it's an easy meet point. how does a 9am meet sound, leaving the service station about 9.30am, we'll be at macs before 10am.... :thumbup:
if anyones passing thru central London and wants to meet on route to the M25, let me know.... :thumbup:
yes pls not sure where lakeside is, i take it near a lake on the M25? lots of them.

I plan to leave about 7 Marty from my place, about 1hr to M25 for me.

I will have a look on google though.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Ive just seen where the Isle of Grain is. Thats almost Asia its that far east. Lakeside serves show about 2000 places so will need to meet up before that Marty.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

BTT your welcome to meet at mine mate, but that means coming into London, there will be several lads leaving from south of London, duffy/tony and so on, maybe a meet with them might be easier.
this is where we meet last time, Thurrock services......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:BTT your welcome to meet at mine mate, but that means coming into London, there will be several lads leaving from south of London, duffy/tony and so on, maybe a meet with them might be easier.
this is where we meet last time, Thurrock services......

Hi Marty. I don't need to cross the River though do I. Are you going down the M25. I know where the new services are (Chobham i think) could we meet there?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I think you might be getting confused mate, the Thurrock services are just north of the river, for someone like yourself it would be going slightly out of your way to meet there, as you'd be joining the M25 from the south and would turn off towards macs before going across the Dartford crossing.
your welcome to join as at Thurrock mate, but that's your shout.
if you want to ride into London and meet me and probably carl in the east end, before heading up to Thurrock your more than welcome.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Ive just seen where the Isle of Grain is. Thats almost Asia its that far east. Lakeside serves show about 2000 places so will need to meet up before that Marty.
It'll be Lakeside Shopping Centre Thurrock.

For you BTT it will mean going through the Dartford tunnel, meeting up then going back over the Dartford crossing to get to mine.

Meanwhile you could have turned off on the A2 before going to Thurrock & be here before the hordes get at the bacon sarnies.

On that note...Like last time doors open @8am. The frying pan finishes frying @ 9.30 at the latest...

Oh & it's a 30 min blast from the A2/M25 junction to mine...or about 45/50 mins if you ride like a granny... :lol:

Aisa... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Hi Marty. I don't need to cross the River though do I. Are you going down the M25. I know where the new services are (Chobham i think) could we meet there
That was on fire the other week there doing a sale on flameing hot chicken :D
Last edited by nt1980 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Ive just seen where the Isle of Grain is. Thats almost Asia its that far east. Lakeside serves show about 2000 places so will need to meet up before that Marty.
It'll be Lakeside Shopping Centre Thurrock.

For you BTT it will mean going through the Dartford tunnel, meeting up then going back over the Dartford crossing to get to mine.

Meanwhile you could have turned off on the A2 before going to Thurrock & be here before the hordes get at the bacon sarnies.

On that note...Like last time doors open @8am. The frying pan finishes frying @ 9.30 at the latest...

Oh & it's a 30 min blast from the A2/M25 junction to mine...or about 45/50 mins if you ride like a granny... :lol:

Aisa... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers i will try and make the buttes and turn right before the Tunnel, bike will sound nice through that though eh!. I've packed the German Pliers!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

what with the recent changes to payment for the Dartford crossing can someone confirm whether or not us bikers have to pay to use it or not ??

cheers
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

They should be paying us for going sarf ov da water, innit! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:They should be paying us for going sarf ov da water, innit! :lol:
+1 kev
and as far as i'm aware lumpy, it's still free for bikes.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

agentpineapple wrote:
Kev L wrote:They should be paying us for going sarf ov da water, innit! :lol:
+1 kev
and as far as i'm aware lumpy, it's still free for bikes.... :thumbup:

cheers mate, its just that as I understand it you cant just chuck a quid in the bucket any more :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

It is free for bikes & has been for years... Last time I used it there are no booths at all on bridge side (South bound ). North bound through the tunnel you still have to stop at the booth's & wait for the barrier. It's just auto now there are no humans involved. There are a load or roadworks on the Northbound approach as they sort out the layout.

Last time I paid on a bike was in the 80's it was 20p & I probably had a mullet, a paddock jacket & white hi-tops... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

oh thanks mac.