yorkshire progressive route

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: yorkshire progressive route

Post by AMCQ46 »

chris,
have posted the route in the main post. if in doubt get to Hawes as we pass there for lunch and fuel.

do you still have my mobile?
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:chris,
have posted the route in the main post. if in doubt get to Hawes as we pass there for lunch and fuel.

Ok cheers.

Yeah I still have it, if it's the same no as last year?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:chris,

Ok cheers.

Yeah I still have it, if it's the same no as last year?

yes its the same, ends in 1152
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ahh....nuts you're going the 'wrong' way for me.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/9+Mil ... d54.277634

I might just ride to Thoralby as soon as I can, then just carry on along that road through Hawes and toward Sedbergh. I will probably meet you head on at some point, where I'll turn round and ride back to Hawes with you.

If I haven't gone past you all by the time I get to Sedbergh, I'll wait just outside the village for you all to go past.

If the route changes for whatever reason, and you're not going to come past, would be good if someone could text and let me know?
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

One other thing - I assume you know the route is only 64 miles for the morning?
Seems pretty short to me, I imagine if you set off at 9am, you'll be in Hawes for 10.30am.

As I haven't organised this I am happy to ride along whatever, but just my 2p, I would extend the morning route to add in the following little bit, through Middleton to Kirby Lonsdale / Devil's Bridge, then on to Settle and Horton in Ribblesdale and back to Hawes along that road that's just awesome, the one with the jump!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Thora ... 038282!3e0
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah I know it's not that long but I'll be wombles amazed if we get out before 10am and will stop at least once for a fag etc.I rode it at a slow pace I admit was about 2hours! Will look at adding more miles no good for you unfortunately unless we go to ripon ,not a bad road.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

adyf wrote:Yeah I know it's not that long but I'll be ferking amazed if we get out before 10am and will stop at least once for a fag etc.I rode it at a slow pace I admit was about 2hours! Will look at adding more miles no good for you unfortunately unless we go to ripon ,not a bad road.
Nah well I can always just head along your route in the opposite direction until I find you, whatever the route will be...

I am just thinking when we went to Wales, granted we were following Al at a pretty bloody good pace, but if it's anything like that, it'll be over before you get into your stride.

That extra little bit I added on that map is 30 or so miles and passes Devils Bridge which is a good place to stop and get an ice cream.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

icecream, im sold
budd

Post by budd »

we will need to be careful, the police have a big downer on bikers up and around Kirby Lonsdale, the roads in Wales were all but deserted (well apart from the 500+ hells angels uncounted :D ) that won't be the case in North Yorks there will be dawdling traffic and lots of push bikes plus lots of the roads around KL have double whites add to this unmarked Police cars and bikes care will need to be taken, we managed to cover a fair few miles (nr 300??) in Wales we'll struggle to maintain a high enough average speed to get near that in Yorks.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
adyf

Post by adyf »

:beer: Have decided to extend the morning route so now leyburn to ripon and back then towards Richmond ,this is so we can pick ziggy up and also so we don't get back to hawes to soon,as it happens I hope this is ok as rather selfishly that bit of road is one of my favourites ,route should now take over 2.5hours,if we get to kirkby Stephen in good time we can go to devils bridge,bazza the best ice cream in the world is in hawes I'll treat you to one.Oh and we do the ribblehead and settle roads in the afternoon