Op Storm rides

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Flatline

Op Storm rides

Post by Flatline »

For anyone new to the forum or maybe not got round to it yet, the Op Storm meetings are a fantastic way of making your use of the forum that much better

Having a ride out and a laugh with the guys really makes the online banter so much better when you've met the people in the flesh (well, leathers actually!)

A few years ago there was only one meeting per year, Wales, now we have 4 of 5 all in different parts of the country

Even of you don't know anyone, turn up and you will be made welcome

And you will get a chance to meet Adyf so it's got to be worth the effort just for that

It would be good to see you there

Regards
Phil
Virt

Re: Op Storm rides

Post by Virt »

Second that, these are some of the greatest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. Dull moments are not really a thing when any of the members are around :thumbup:

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

it feels like a big step into the unknown, to head off on your own to meet some strangers off the internet, in a dark field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in fact if you look at it in those words...... what could go wrong :lol:

but that's exactly what I did 4 years ago, and it took 3 mins to find out these strangers would be lifelong friends, and these meets would become the social highlights.

and every year, others who take the risk to come along are never disappointed. everyone is welcomed and treated the same [given a beer and then have the piss taken out of you!], bring your mates, bring your family, you don't need a firestorm, just a sense of houmour....... its not all about riding bikes.

so if you are thinking about it........ just do it, make 2016 the best year ever
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

+1 to all mentioned above, because of a clash in dates with other events in my diary, I usually can't do some of the op storms, but I've turned up every year to the op storm Wales.
Don't be swayed into thinking this is a bunch of idiots out to show off and race against each other, or at the other end of the scales, a bunch of 10 mile an hour ducks in a row plodders, the rides are well set out with front riders leading and a back markers to make sure no one gets lost ( why do I feel I've just opened myself up to some abuse here :lol: ) you just ride your own ride at your own pace.
I've been taking my son cheekyads as a passenger on the rides out since he was 11 years old, Adam as always enjoyed the rides out and the company of the guys, who I must add have always made him feel welcome and always treated him like a biker brother, also on most occasions my partner cheekysue as come along to the meetings, we've always had a great time and the guys have always treated my family as part of the gang.
Oh nearly forgot, if you don't like having the P**S took out of you then don't bother coming :lol:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cheekykev wrote:+ if you don't like having the P**S took out of you then don't bother coming :lol:
But you have the right, earnt by merely turning up, to take the pi55 out of everyone else.
In fact, it's compulsory :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

tony.mon wrote:
cheekykev wrote:+ if you don't like having the P**S took out of you then don't bother coming :lol:
But you have the right, earnt by merely turning up, to take the pi55 out of everyone else.
In fact, it's compulsory :D
You cant help it when Phil falls off his bike during the weekend, it's almost expected.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

You again!! :Ball Kick:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

All of the above is true. I've only done a few, but what great fun, this year i'll be doing at least two, hopefully more. and this year i'll try not to use my shrek chat up line..... :( :( :( :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I know this isn't the correct place for sales, but I though it might be a bit more helpful to post this here.
A friend of mine is selling a Khyam Igloo quick erect tent, for those that are not familiar with them see link below.
They are a great tent, and almost perfect for a biker looking to pitch for a few nights, they are usually about £150 new, my mates as been used once and is looking for £60 for it, PM me if you're interested, I will be putting it in the sales section very shortly :thumbup:

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/khyam-igloo-tent.html
Like what you do
Do what you like
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

cheekykev wrote:I know this isn't the correct place for sales,
Correct, its not! :Banned:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Flatline wrote:
cheekykev wrote:I know this isn't the correct place for sales,
Correct, its not! :Banned:
Just thinking of the camping lads that might be in need of a decent tent :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

more like you don't want Tony sleeping in your porch again when it turns out his tent doesn't work
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I will be trying my hardest to make it to as many OpStorms as possible this year, with Wales being a definite.

I'm unsure what position I'll be in with regards to work & stuff, but the OpStorm weekends are top of the priority list.
Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote:I will be trying my hardest to make it to as many OpStorms as possible this year, with Wales being a definite.

I'm unsure what position I'll be in with regards to work & stuff, but the OpStorm weekends are top of the priority list.
Get ya name down for Devon Jamie...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:
Jamoi wrote:I will be trying my hardest to make it to as many OpStorms as possible this year, with Wales being a definite.

Get ya name down for Devon Jamie...

His name is down for Devon, just not confirmed yet.... Nudge, nudge :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s