Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 18-21 May 2017

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Watty

Re: Op Storm III: Yorkshire Dales 18-21 May 2017

Post by Watty »

For anyone who may be turning off the A1 at Scotch Corner to go onto the A66 towards Barnard Castle, It's closed until late evening due to an accident!! Stay safe, have fun :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have a brilliant weekend chaps
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Sunday weather temps 10 to 14 degs cloud and sun fair weather predictedsome light
rain about 1800 hrs north of Skipton but the riding should be well over
By then only the dancing to be worried about have a nice day fellas :thumbup: :wave:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Great to meet you all again :thumbup: pity I couldn't stop over but just had too much on this weekend.
Washed the bike down first thing this morning :lol:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Thanks guys. A great weekend, as always.

Just got in. Road blocked just before my planned fuel stop at Alston with an accident so I had a magical mystery tour as well, visiting petrol stations that were closed on Sunday...

I might have a little lie down now.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'm just in, Soaked to the balls.
Just a big Bye, to those that disappeared before I headed onto the M6, inpatient gits. I'm a tank driver you know.

Great to catch up again lads.
Phil, thanks for booking it up.
PeteL, thanks for giving the accommodation, I would AIR that tent for a week after Al and I stunk it out.
Bud, thanks for the storage, the plasters and the fab music sound track when you passed me numerous times. Kermit, Al and Bazza, always great to see you all, banters always great. Kermit, you must make sure your well groomed mate comes up to Scotland, He fitted in great with the rest of us.

As for the res of you, your sill all idiots don't respect the local constabulary, cyclist's, rambler's and sheep.
Kev's going to have to take a week off work to get the red beauty back to showroom condition.
Must say, a Motocrosser would probably been a better choice of bike for some of those roads we were on, but the leaders got us round all great. Thanks all.

Got to go dry everything. clean everything, and sleep.

Thanks all and see you all soon.
Stu
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

What a fab weekend! :D
Great to catch up with old and meet some new faces. I wandered in about 6:40 after 813 miles. Aching,stiff and still grinning. :D
A big thanks to you all for your comradery, wit and general piss taking.
Can't wait to do it all again :thumbup:

Pete.l :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Hope you all had a great weekend.

I enjoyed the ride out on Saturday despite the weather. Got soaked on way home for last 20 miles but still well worth the effort of coming.

Cheers to everyone that organised and led the routes.

Cheers as usual to Al for riding like the clappers with a big target on his back it always makes my weekend :-)

Baz not sure where you had gone when we split off I don't think I said bye. See you in Wales!

Kermit your mate rode that ktm really well, he'd enjoy the Scotland trip.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Glad everyone is home in one piece. Great week end and thanks all round for the company and the banter.

My trip home didn't end as planned !!!!
4 miles From home doing less than 30 in a little town, I was running in auto pilot and looking in my mirror and then at the clock. I failed to spot the 2 cars in front had stopped so that the first one could turn right into his drive.
I managed to bang the anchors on hard but rammed the car from behind at about 5mph. Managed to stay on but twatted my bolloks of the tank and dislodged the whole of his back bumper.

Rode home but the swelling and bruising was starting to look serious. So a am now in a&e waiting for someone to fiddle with my nutsack. Only hope she is pretty

As for the bike. The forks are bent and the mudguard split. Also think the front wheel might have a very small buckle.
I have my 3 spoke front wheel so only looking for some forks stanctions and mudguard..... and a right testicle. Will post a photo later
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I hope that's a picture of your mudguard and not your nut sack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:Glad everyone is home in one piece. Great week end and thanks all round for the company and the banter.

My trip home didn't end as planned !!!!
4 miles From home doing less than 30 in a little town, I was running in auto pilot and looking in my mirror and then at the clock. I failed to spot the 2 cars in front had stopped so that the first one could turn right into his drive.
I managed to bang the anchors on hard but rammed the car from behind at about 5mph. Managed to stay on but twatted my bolloks of the tank and dislodged the whole of his back bumper.

Rode home but the swelling and bruising was starting to look serious. So a am now in a&e waiting for someone to fiddle with my nutsack. Only hope she is pretty

As for the bike. The forks are bent and the mudguard split. Also think the front wheel might have a very small buckle.
I have my 3 spoke front wheel so only looking for some forks stanctions and mudguard..... and a right testicle. Will post a photo later
Aww b0ll0cks... excuse the pun

Sorry to hear that Al. Hope you're ok.

Also hoping you mean you're posting pictures of the forks, not the nut sack.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nutsack I am afraid. You all know what forks look like
AMcQ
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

sh1t news al I also whacked my nuts after going over that blind dip and coming about 2ft out my seat and holding on with finger tips. Was a good day roads at the end were brilliant. Was hard work pushing the MT all day against bigger bikes but fun. Been wanting to get to as many op storms as possible but with work and whatever else only managed Wales a couple of years ago and Yorkshire this weekend highly recommend getting to one if your thinking about it everyone's very welcoming and always a good bunch of lads and possibly women. And thanks to Kev for meeting up with me on the way up see you and bazza at the TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well it sounds like you all had fun...

Al WTF Sorry but Frank cant help with any of those bits...

I really hope your nut's ain't to bad but look on the bright side If they have to come off thats half way to the Op you always wanted to go the full TRANSformation to Alison...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Post by Watty »

sh1t news Al :( but please do post the nuts pictures :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!