End of Season VTR Club Track Day

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

End of Season VTR Club Track Day

Post by Miztaziggy »

NOW BOOKED FOR 10 RIDERS
MONDAY 17th OCTOBER - CADWELL PARK - £59

I am happy to book this for everyone that is going and you can send me the money via Paypal or something if that makes things easier.
I am going to advertise this on the VTR facebook group too see if we can get a few non-member VTR owners there as it's usually the more the merrier.

Attendees - Please confirm Yes / No:
MiztaZiggy (me) - confirmed & day booked off work
Tim (my brother) - confirmed - to pay
StuartWags - confirmed (I owe £7 - £60 minus £53)
Steve6088 - confirmed (Paid £59 and refunded £6)
AMCQ - confirmed (Paid £53)
Freeridenick - confirmed (Paid £53)
Tony Mon - confirmed (Paid £59 and refunded £6)

Steve Burton - VTR - from Facebook group (Paid £59 and refunded £6)
Chris Burton - VTR - from Facebook group (Paid £59 and refunded £6)

Alistair (Nick's mate) - To pay

Virt (watching / official photographer)??

Kermit (OUT)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of years ago, we did a sort of group track day at Mallory toward the end of October. It was a sort of 'end of season' day for a me as my bike went away for the winter after that.
It wasn't a balls out / go mental session, we were all in the novice group and each riding our own pace.
I think the guys that came will agree it was a great day (Al, Lloydie, CK, Stuartwags, my brother, Gaz + 1 other I can't remember your name sorry).

See here:
http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... it=mallory

I was wondering if we could organise another 'end of season' day out for anyone that wanted to come. We would all book into the novice group.
No Limits track days do a 10% discount for group bookings if we get enough interest.

My personal plan would probably be to take the Storm down on the trailer and try it out on the track, leave the track bike at home. My brother will most probably be coming but on his GSXR track bike.

For those of you that haven't tried a track day before, this is a great opportunity to give it a go and meet up with other forum members at the same time. I still remember the feeling after the first session I did on my first track day at Cadwell. Unbelievable!! And one surprising thing that stood out was how much safer it felt to me on track than on the road.
I think lots of people are put off track days by the thought of binning their bike, however, when you get out there, you realise that you ride at your own pace and no one pressures you, or forces you to ride faster than you're comfortable with. There's nearly always a ton of run off if you overshoot a corner and all the bikes are going round the circuit the same way, with no kerbs, trees, cars, bus stops etc etc.

So, have a look at the dates below and post here if you're interested in this and which of the dates / tracks would be best suited.

Options for days are below:

MONDAY 17th OCTOBER - CADWELL PARK - £59
Awesome track, one of my favourites.
High noise limit at 105dB.

FRIDAY 21st OCTOBER - MALLORY PARK - £69
Good track, easy to learn.
OK noise limit of 103dB. You will pass with baffles in.
Last edited by Miztaziggy on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 10 times in total.
StuartWags

Re: End of Season VTR Club Track Day

Post by StuartWags »

very tempted with mallory or cadwell ... would have to blag a day off ... no holiday left
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Another alternative would be:

SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST - SNETTERTON - £99

From MSVT:
This Track Day in association with MCN splits riders into 3 groups of a similar ability and divides the track time between these groups to enjoy lots of track time through the day. Every rider gets a Motor Cycle News goodie bag and MCN road testers will be on hand to offer tips, advice, chat and ride with you on track.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

StuartWags wrote:very tempted with mallory or cadwell ... would have to blag a day off ... no holiday left
+1

Once on each day of the Scottish trip I ran wide on a blind left hand bend. Nothing was coming the other way so I'm still here. Made me think though that I need to peg back my road riding. The track must be the way to go!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Virt

Post by Virt »

I might have been the other one, I didn't participate but I believe it was the one where I was taking a couple of photos.

Depending on the location I may come and watch again and maybe grab some photos :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StuartWags wrote:very tempted with mallory or cadwell ... would have to blag a day off ...
Good idea Chris, I will be up for those 2 even if I have to get a day off.

obviously Mallory is easy for me to get to, but Cadwell is a great track and I never got the chance to do the mountain loop when I was racing 250cc singles...... might have to get there the night before and sleep in the car
AMcQ
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

AMCQ46 wrote:
StuartWags wrote:very tempted with mallory or cadwell ... would have to blag a day off ...

obviously Mallory is easy for me to get to, but Cadwell is a great track and I never got the chance to do the mountain loop when I was racing 250cc singles...... might have to get there the night before and sleep in the car

It gets chuffing cold at night .... i camped there in July and it got cold then
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:

I gotta say, Cadwell would be my preferred option as it is a great track.

It's a good site for camping too as the paddock is mostly grass. I'll be coming up in the car so will camp over the night before wherever we go and put the double airbed in the car.

If there are a few of us, I can organise a big tent and gazebo with power so we'll have heaters and stuff.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Miztaziggy wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:

I gotta say, Cadwell would be my preferred option as it is a great track.

It's a good site for camping too as the paddock is mostly grass. I'll be coming up in the car so will camp over the night before wherever we go and put the double airbed in the car.

If there are a few of us, I can organise a big tent and gazebo with power so we'll have heaters and stuff.
I would be up for a glamping session. I took my big tent and stuff last track day at cadwell, when i went with a few folks i know. I also did catering at cost....if i can get to it, i would be happy to do that for this event
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

OK original post edited.

Anyone else considering this?

Personally, I'd prefer cadwell as it's a better track, but happy to do either.

Who's definitely up for booking this and which one would you prefer?

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Interested, but I'll have to see where and when you guys want to go before seeing if I can screw an additional days leave out of the directors.
If so, I can bring the 2 in a van with all home comforts and tools, spares etc.
I was going to do an evening session towards the end of the year but this would do instead.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

tony.mon wrote:Interested, but I'll have to see where and when you guys want to go before seeing if I can screw an additional days leave out of the directors.
If so, I can bring the 2 in a van with all home comforts and tools, spares etc.
I was going to do an evening session towards the end of the year but this would do instead.
Would be great if you could come Tony :-)

Any preference on track / date?

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not fussed really
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I might be up for this now the bike's running. It'd be great to put some faces to names. Cadwell would be favourite.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

freeridenick wrote:I might be up for this now the bike's running. It'd be great to put some faces to names. Cadwell would be favourite.
Great. Would be good to meet up.