OP storm SW Scotland Mk5, Aug 4th to 7th 2017

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: OP storm SW Scotland Mk5, Aug 4th to 7th 2017

Post by AMCQ46 »

for those that want to go back to some of those roads, this is the exact route we did .. 227 miles of pure riding fun

scotland route link
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

gods very own roads :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

must be time to start organising next years trip ... :D

There will be one on the first weekend in August, so make sure you block the time in your diary NOW. and I will make sure I don't double book Monday with work visitors so we can get a full Sunday ride and ride back Monday.

Was talking to my brother and he will be joining again for sure, he had missed riding with a group of mates.
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

You know you can count me in....if we haven't all died in a nuclear war with NK by then anyway.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Just back from a long weekend in Ayr with woman and dogs (her idea). We drove over on the northern mo'cicle route which was entertaining and scenic. We needed to rush back this morning so we took the A70 from Ayr to the motorway. Supposedly the quickest way but another mega biking road albeit with a crappy surface in places. Scotland just keeps on giving.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I know we have mentioned this before, but if we can get some interest, does anyone want to extend the weekend any longer and head up the east coast on Sunday.
I have 4 single beds available at mine for a base for a few days if required. Others can crash on Airbeds and those that snore too much can pitch a tent on the grass.
From Dumfries to mine (Forfar) has various routes including up past Loch Lomond then East, up towards Edinburgh then North or Stirling Calender way. Shortest way is 3 hours or can spend the day getting there.
Lots of full day rides from mine depending which direction is dry.
Otherwise I'll still be there for the weekend.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Oh wow thats tempting. :D
I know we mentioned it briefly on the weekend and I would sure love to do it but I'm not sure if it's just a pipe dream for me at the moment or I could turn it into reality.
You'd have to put me down as a tentative maybe at the moment Stu :thumbup:
A fantastic offer and idea though :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

like Pete, I love the idea but not sure If I can get the time.

I would also have to pace myself to extend the trip to 4 or 5 days, leading the ride and going at "progressive" speeds starts to fry my brain after 3 days, so time for a bit of backmarking I think :lol:
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:like Pete, I love the idea but not sure If I can get the time.

I would also have to pace myself to extend the trip to 4 or 5 days, leading the ride and going at "progressive" speeds starts to fry my brain after 3 days, so time for a bit of backmarking I think Image
Plenty of people would be happy to lead for a while. Maybe not quite as "progressively" but still making reasonable progress. It sounds a fab idea to me. But, I have less far to go than most.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)