OP storm SW Scotland Mk5, Aug 4th to 7th 2017

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

KermitLeFrog

Re: OP storm SW Scotland Mk5, Aug 4th to 7th 2017

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Big big thanks to Al for organising this. Thanks to mistaziggy for encouraging Al to "make progress" Pete for keeping it on the tarmac and grumpy and well groomed for sweeping up. Good to meet you Mark. Hope it wasn't too traumatic. Deshevelled is probably still worrying about Scottish black shirts. Norman peddaled an old but large Suzuki with terrifying aplomb and Paula and chums added much needed fragrance. Well done everyone.

The trip back to Hexham was A road hell but quick enough. It also means that some of the better roads are within my reach for a day loop. I have plans......
Last edited by KermitLeFrog on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
macdee

Post by macdee »

Sorry I couldn't make this year again
Looked like a Great weekend boys and the weather gods weren't to bad either by the look of it
You all seemed to enjoy yourselfs one even got his bits out
told you not to but oh no you knew better
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Only thing missing was a bit of Irish
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ian, good summary.
glad you got the Andy's home ok,yes dechevelled was a bit paranoid about why the cops wants his name, has he got something to hide?

Making progress was the order of the day, especilly when Chris got involved :wink: but on the trip back south I got a chance to be the follower and it's much more relaxing than leading. Although the lads on the s1000rr and the Panagaile were a bit shocked when a green storm with luggage kept showing them the front wheel in the bends...... I just sat on the back listening to the Ducati quick shifter and blipper and laughing at the antics as Chris block passed his way through.

Was good to get my kid brother out as well, as someone said, if he has not ridden a road bike for 10yrs, imagine how fast he was back then (shows that riding dirt bikes all day is good training for those roads).

And the ladies also had fun and stopped us just talking about bikes all the time.

To be honest I don't know how we could have improved on the weekend, it all came together perfectly (unless you are Flatline or Gabi, who had their own problems that stopped their weekend just as they got going )
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Good work on the pic's Mitza... :thumbup:

Question...Why is Grumpyfrog holding his nut sack in the 3rd pic ? Setting up on arival, was he checking his erection ? 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:25 am Was good to get my kid brother out as well, as someone said, if he has not ridden a road bike for 10yrs, imagine how fast he was back then (shows that riding dirt bikes all day is good training for those roads).
Yup, the best training for fast tarmac is fast dirt. Just ask Valentino Rossi and crew.

It would have been more impressive if he'd kept his Claymore strapped to his back and dirk down his boot.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It sounds like you had a brilliant weekend :D
Thanks for posting all the great photo's Miztaziggy :thumbup:

I can't understand why nobody had the deep fried pizza :lol:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Home at last
What a fantastic weekend a Hugh big thanks to everyone involved.
After the split to return our separate ways on Sunday Mark and I followed Stu to go over the Beeftop and then separated at a little place called Bigger. then we headed off for a swim down the Delveene pass. Boy was it wet. The sky came down to meet us. Hot showers followed by a Pub dinner was most welcome where we continued to get wet but this time on our insides instead of on our heads

Still buzzing. Can't wait to do it all again. Only 1181 miles on the trip this weekend. I must be slacking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds like you got the worst of the weather Pete, sorry I had to run off and leave you to your own devices, but I am guessing you know your way round the town by now :thumbup: :thumbup:

Work has been full on today so I guess my post OP Storm blues will be delayed till tomorrow, there is always a big come down after such a great weekend
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

looks like as normal a great weekend.... was thinking about you boys out having a laugh on those amazing roads..... god dam missed the craic......... next year boys im going if i have to be carried over, :D :D

kinda messed my summer up not meeting friends :whatever
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It's to late Rob, the North East clan have taken over from your NI clan. You will have to reapply for membership if you want to come next yr :lol:
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I was in New Galloway,down the Cat Strand on Saturday afternoon drinking tea, and in Newton Stewart on Sunday with the grand kids at their football training.Never saw any firestorms on either day.How ever did i miss you all ? Would have loved to give a wave.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 pm Sounds like you got the worst of the weather Pete, sorry I had to run off and leave you to your own devices, but I am guessing you know your way round the town by now :thumbup: :thumbup:

Work has been full on today so I guess my post OP Storm blues will be delayed till tomorrow, there is always a big come down after such a great weekend
Yep, Town wasn't a problem. We had a pretty good roast down at the Bay Hotel and then went back to Marks Gaff where he opened the bar and we kicked back to some eighties music and a couple of G @ T's.
A very pleasant way to finish the weekend :thumbup:
Apparently it rained in the night but I knew nothing about it and woke up to a dry morning with the sun poking through :lol:
fabiostar wrote:looks like as normal a great weekend.... was thinking about you boys out having a laugh on those amazing roads..... god dam missed the craic......... next year boys im going if i have to be carried over, :D :D
You'd better. Don't wish too rub it in but you missed a good'n. :P
Start sticking some pennies in a jam jar now. One you don't touch when a shiney trinket catches your eye :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

We went through new Galloway twice on Saturday. about 2pm and 5.30. Are you going deaf?
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:04 am We went through new Galloway twice on Saturday. about 2pm and 5.30. Are you going deaf?
WHAT
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN