Sardinia

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

VTRDark

Re: Sardinia

Post by VTRDark »

Three bends and then a coffee shop. Sounds like my kind of place. I bet the espresso was good there too. Hey that bull is a bit of a beast. I presume it's a bull as it's a horny devil. Lloydie would enjoy it there. You wouldn't want to hit that :eek2
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ditches are very very very very deep, about 600m on one side and the kerb on the inside is a bit steep too, don't know what the health and safety planners were up to when they approved the plans
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:Ditches are very very very very deep, about 600m on one side and the kerb on the inside is a bit steep too, don't know what the health and safety planners were up to when they approved the plans
I've been ditch free for 2mths and over a 1000 miles, do I get a badge............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote: I've been ditch free for 2mths and over a 1000 miles, do I get a badge............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm very glad to hear it Marty :thumbup:
I don't know about a badge, probably more chance of a yellow duck :lol:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:Hey that bull is a bit of a beast. I presume it's a bull as it's a horny devil. Lloydie would want to hit that :eek2
lloydie would hit anything with a warm hole or two...... :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Carl, with the combination of espresso and adrenaline, it was tough to get a deep sleep 8O

And it was a cow, whatever breed of scrawny bovine the have over there all have horns. Bit like lloydie with his horn problem
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

should be a riding clip here in about 20 mins

https://youtu.be/wVdOOEFD80w
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Looks like good fun but not enough time to sit back and enjoy the scenery :lol: You seemed a little nervous on the wrong side of the road as you tend to either keep in the middle of drift towards the left as you more comfortable with that. Your mate was getting a wiggle on wasn't he. Has he done them roads before.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:should be a riding clip here in about 20 mins

very twisty, but a lot of traffic compared to Spain hahaha
if Sardinia is anything like Spain, i'd be more careful of getting close to the centre line when cornering, the spainish car drivers have a bad habit of putting a wheel over the centre line.
I bet you wished you had the storm on those roads.... :thumbup:
I do intend to get a camera and take some videos locally to me.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:Looks like good fun but not enough time to sit back and enjoy the scenery :lol: You seemed a little nervous on the wrong side of the road as you tend to either keep in the middle of drift towards the left as you more comfortable with that. Your mate was getting a wiggle on wasn't he. Has he done them roads before.

camera was on the left mirror so it makes it look like I was over that side more. it was fairly easy to calibrate to that side of the road, but that was my 1st day out so I was really having to learn the bike, the tyres and also the non stop blind apexes that come so quickly one after the other. on the badly worn front tyre it had an easy drop in to 70% lean then needed a lot of effort to push past that point, so I was being fairly mature and trying not to be a hero.

the day after when the tyres were totally bald it got worse and I had 3 front end slides on the ride back home. that was my worst day as I was getting tired and losing confidence in the grip so that makes you tense!.

the next clip I will upload was on day 3 when i had new tyres back and front and got onto some more open sweepers... after that I really gelled with the bike and knew how to lay it over much further with confidence even on the tight flip flops

the lad on the blade has been there a few times and he is a tidy rider, he never moves on the bike and he says the blade is just so confidence inspiring... and it shows.

Marty, I think the storm on sticky tyres with flat bars would have been epic... if a bit more of a handful
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

there's no real fun to be had riding with a bald tyre on twisty roads you don't know and a bike you've never ridden before, even so you were going at a great pace Al.
tiredness is also a killer, losing concentration on those roads would be fatal. will you go back Al?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

agentpineapple wrote:. will you go back Al?
hell yes, only thing that would have made it better would be having a few of you characters there too. senior work mates there kept it a bit too grown up for my liking
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:should be a riding clip here in about 20 mins

Thanks for posting the video Al :thumbup: Amazing roads 8)

What video camera are you using :?: it did a good job,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sirch345 wrote:
What video camera are you using :?: it did a good job,

Chris.

go pro 3+ black edition in 1080hd got it 2nd hand, as i am a tight b8stard, and well impressed
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:. will you go back Al?
hell yes, only thing that would have made it better would be having a few of you characters there too. senior work mates there kept it a bit too grown up for my liking
we will have to put something together then mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!