Tents!

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

popularh14

Tents!

Post by popularh14 »

Think about making a jaunt across to Spain mid-November and have decided my trusty 30 year old Vango Force Ten tent is a bit heavy/long in the tooth now.

Anybody got any recommendations for a wee tent that is light but sturdy enough to stand the odd strong wind (from the inside as well as outside!!)? Doesn't matter if you've had it a while as I'll probably try and get a secondhand one anyway.

Cheers
cheekykev

Re: Tents!

Post by cheekykev »

Without a doubt the Kyham Igloo is a great tent for the needs of a biker, or the Kyham Biker, but the Biker is a bit bigger, also the Kyham Highlander is worth a look, all a bit expensive when judged against other makes of the same size, but well worth the extra, plus these tents are quick erect, and that is not a con, these tents can be put up and pegged down ready for use within 4 minutes easily by one person
See Link below

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/tents ... tents.html
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

My mate bought one of these earlier this year and rates it:

http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/11316 ... green.html
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

+1 one the Kyham Igloo. Bought one 2nd hand via Cheeky Kev, his mate was selling it. He's right it's dead easy to put up. Get it out of the bag, grap the middle/ top of the rods, pull up & it all unfolds like an umbrella. pull & click the 6 rods into place & thats it. just need pegging down. job done get the beers out.

Plenty big enough inside, plenty of head room. More importantly it's not too big when packed down to fit on the bike. Strapped on the bike it's no wider than the bars... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Plastic sheet and some para cord should do the trick :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

+1 for the Kyham. Had mine for YEARS and it's been through the worst possible weather and NEVER let me down. Quick and easy (just how I like them!)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Try the Vango Omega 350 for a 3 man tent with a good sized front are for your kit, or the 250 if you want one a bit smaller. They are Duke of Edinburgh recommended so can cope with wind and watersports :D
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Hi mate I bought a vango ark 3man not long ago from go outdoors very impressed , small stuff sack and only 2 alloy poled forming a cathedral arch stands up to wind well and rain runs off it nicely ,worth a look
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Thanks for all the suggestions boys - I will look into all!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

although I recommended the Omega [as that's the next tent I will buy having seen PeteL's one] I currently use the Vango Ark 200+, so its the same design as Adys, but the + version has an extra pole and a large porch / storage area, which is really handy for all your bike gear etc.

its good option for one or 2 campers and lost of bike gear and although a lower waterproofing rating compared to the Omega, it has never let me down.

they are about £100 on the net
AMcQ