GRAINSTORM IV 22nd April 2017.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

bald_pig

Re: GRAINSTORM IV 22nd April 2017.

Post by bald_pig »

Murv wrote:Looks like a great day as ever, with El Presidente hosting!

My Grainstorm didn't go as smoothly as it should have done.
Bike excitedly uncovered just after 07:00 and a quick wipe over to ensure it was sparkling.
Set off, all well and good until the engine seized on the A249
An anxious few seconds followed until I remembered to squeeze the clutch which stopped the fishtailing but induced a bit of a shimmy :eek2
Anyway, managed to coast to the side of the road and called the rescue people.

A bit noisy, but not too unpleasant for about 3 minutes...

And then the rain started. Softly at first, but getting harder by the second. And I waited and waited and waited...

Well into the second hour, and following a serious sense of humour failure and several phone calls later, the breakdown people turned up and finally rescued my bike from getting wet :thumbup:

Anyway, moral of this story is carefully check your engine for plastic bags and don't ignore the oil pressure warning light!!
You got off lighter than my engine seize!

Good to see that everyone had an enjoyable day, gutted I couldn't make it this year!
Murv

Post by Murv »

I've just found your thread, I think I was very lucky! 8O
Any idea what caused yours yet?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote:Please, please, please someone tell me the got a snap of Blue Leader Kev & his hipster beard of whiteness the world needs to see this...
HA!

Caption compition time... Best entry as judged by Frank & El Presidente wins a nut or bolt from the extensive Frank Collection of Nut's & bolts...

''Only the best for the Captain's table”.

Edited on 16/09/17 Thanks to Alan F Jones for the origional pic. No thanks to Photobucket for feking up the origonal post due to money grabbing bastid policys. I though I'd lost this valuable pic but now it is saved for the nation in perpetuity.
Last edited by MacV2 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

MacV2 wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Please, please, please someone tell me the got a snap of Blue Leader Kev & his hipster beard of whiteness the world needs to see this...
HA!

Caption compition time... Best entry as judged by Frank & El Presidente wins a nut or bolt from the extensive Frank Collection of Nut's & bolts...

"seriously fella I appreciate the bike would be lighter without them but you need to mount the caliper bolts"
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
HA!

"seriously fella I appreciate the bike would be lighter without them but you need to mount the caliper bolts"
Hmmm funny but It's not taking the piss out of Kev...So no prize for you...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sorry mac, I can't stop laughing long enough to think up a joke caption :P :lol:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
HA!

" yes, the size of the bellypan is related to the size of the owner's belly".
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Does Kev sell Fish Fingers on the boat advert, Or "anybody seen Tin Tin and his fecking dog"
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

tony.mon wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
HA!

......for evidence to reinforce this statement you need look no further than the stars n stripes, ahem!

Surprised no one came up with 'replacement' hipster, ya wee bastids! Who took that photo anyway? I thought I was the only snapper there and I got papped! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

MacV2 wrote:
HA!

Graham Norton's let himself go!
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

Murv wrote:I've just found your thread, I think I was very lucky! 8O
Any idea what caused yours yet?
Not yet Murv, not enough days in the week!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bald_pig wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
HA!

Graham Norton's let himself go!
Currently 1st possition... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Does Kev sell Fish Fingers on the boat advert, Or "anybody seen Tin Tin and his fecking dog"
Hmmm strong contender...

''Billions of blue blistering barnacles! ''
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:
tony.mon wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
HA!

......for evidence to reinforce this statement you need look no further than the stars n stripes, ahem!

Surprised no one came up with 'replacement' hipster, ya wee bastids! Who took that photo anyway? I thought I was the only snapper there and I got papped! :lol:
A 1000 appolgies I forgot to give credit to Alan for the picture...

Cheers Alan... :thumbup:

Now I like 'replacement' hipster but you cant win...a/ your the butt of the joke... b/ your nuts enough as it is you not need any more nuts...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The old git! Stealthy little bugger ain't he!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF