Post by macdee »

Well done Mac on grainstorm 17
I wish I was closer
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Kev L

Re: GRAINSTORM IV 22nd April 2017.

Post by Kev L »

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 am

Thanks again Mac for a great day, nice to see Santa this early in the year, always wondered what he did the rest of the year.

Now, now ginger elf, play nice or I'll make you empty my sack at Christmas!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

They have let be back in...I could read posts but not able to reply...Thought I'd been banned for a while...It was something to do with the the computor doodah magic or something...

Any how Yes It was a good day down at the GrainShire...Not as big as last year but a good turn out...

Cheers for posting the pics Kev...I didn't take a single pic this year...was too busy running around with people asking for various bits & tools & stuff to get other storms out of a pickle...

Biggest downer of the day was we didn't get Vanstubs new engine in...Mainly as it was a major issue getting the old one out...Ended up with too much damage on his frame...Fourtunatly I had a spare in the MacCave... :lol: :lol:

Steve was here on Friday eve to start the strip down & we were in the MacCave till about 22.00 hrs cutting & grinding...Then on Sat morn he headed back in there & promptly snapped one of the middle engine mount bolts...More drilling & thwaking ensued with no result apart from a snapped 8mm drill bit... 8O So more cutting finaly had the engine free...Now we have a frame with a stuck bit of bolt & a broken drill bit in it & two cut mounting points... More hammer time still no movement...So the decision was made to abbandon in favour of the replace ment frame... Steve's not happy that he has gone from a W reg back to an R reg bike but the new motah is only 22k compared to 40 +k on the old smokey one. He got his neice to come & pick him up...but was back on Sunday morn to do a few more bits In readiness to build it back up next week end.

Duffy did some bits on his long overdue fighter project...Basicaly fitted a baering & sight glass in a case...

Rob & Pheonix had there own issues to deal with as already reported which I glad to hear your all resolved...

Bazza left without his over boot things..I 've already posted thm on...

Rob stole me spare battery... :lol: Oh & about 5lts of fuel...I'll have you know my fuel light came on about 5miles down the road when I left for work this morning...I hope your happy !

All those moaning about missing out on the bacon...It was in the fridge, in fact it still is, you could have quite easily made your own bacon butties ya lazy feks...

So all in all another GrainStorm out of the way...Cheers for coming...

Neighbours didn't care...they were away all weekend...& the other one is the one who bought Bloo off me...I did say to him to pop round/out but he decided to hide all day...

Please, please, please someone tell me the got a snap of Blue Leader Kev & his hipster beard of whiteness the world needs to see this...
Last edited by MacV2 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Murv

Post by Murv »

Looks like a great day as ever, with El Presidente hosting!

My Grainstorm didn't go as smoothly as it should have done.
Bike excitedly uncovered just after 07:00 and a quick wipe over to ensure it was sparkling.
Set off, all well and good until the engine seized on the A249
An anxious few seconds followed until I remembered to squeeze the clutch which stopped the fishtailing but induced a bit of a shimmy :eek2
Anyway, managed to coast to the side of the road and called the rescue people.

A bit noisy, but not too unpleasant for about 3 minutes...

And then the rain started. Softly at first, but getting harder by the second. And I waited and waited and waited...

Well into the second hour, and following a serious sense of humour failure and several phone calls later, the breakdown people turned up and finally rescued my bike from getting wet :thumbup:

Anyway, moral of this story is carefully check your engine for plastic bags and don't ignore the oil pressure warning light!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Thats some shite news Murv...But we can rebuild it...

Yes it was me that did the CCT's the week before, thats when we found the remains of a plastic bag under the front cam cover...

I suspect that some of it has got into the oil pump & fecked that up*, without a full strip down we'll never no the true extent of the damage...Prob cheaper to stick a replacement engine in it...

Now about that thing with bad luck coming in threes...Royal Enfield disaster, seized Storm...& ...&... I wouldn't go boating in the next few weeks If I were you Chris... :lol: :lol:

* Popkat suspects not me... :thumbup:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

That is real bad news Murv, what I don't get is why would anyone put a plastic bag under the Cam cover. I can't even imagine what purpose.it could serve if it was done for a reason.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Murv

Post by Murv »

VTR Phoenix wrote:That is real bad news Murv, what I don't get is why would anyone put a plastic bag under the Cam cover. I can't even imagine what purpose.it could serve if it was done for a reason.
I can only assume it was put there to prevent stuff getting into the engine whilst the cover was off and causing engine wear. Oh, the irony :lol:

Mac, thanks very much for all your assistance, I'm sure with you and Frank on the case it wil lbe back on the road very soon!
On the plus side, it only needs one new part, the postman is going to love me delivering it though :biggrin

And I'm going nowhere near water of any description for the next few weeks!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Got back home this afternoon from my weekend away, 628 miles in 69 hours, that's the most I've done that short a time in more than 10 years, in fact it might be nearly my annual mileage :lol:

Thanks Mac for putting on the day, was good to meet everyone and put some faces to names that I'd not met before.

Also thanks for the use of the sofa Saturday night, was quite comfy and dozing off to motogp qualifying ended the day well.

BACON, I found it when we arrived still in the oven, so did Tony, so we polished it off :lol: although there was still loads in the fridge.

on that note can anyone guess what we had for breakfast on Sunday

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

popkat wrote:Got back home this afternoon from my weekend away, 628 miles in 69 hours, that's the most I've done that short a time in more than 10 years, in fact it might be nearly my annual mileage
Quedos Malc! I only managed 340 but that was in one day :thumbup: Mind you, the first 170 could have been a lot dryer and quicker (Aham! Rob) but the way home was only about three hours and the smile on Roobs face with his bike running right was well worth the mornings trouble :thumbup:

Pete.l
Looking forward to devon Storm now :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Sorry about that Pete but yes that was definitely a rare smile on my face!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote:Sorry about that Pete but yes that was definitely a rare smile on my face!
He wont be smiling so much when PopKat's & Tony's Road side assistance bill comes through...

Then there's the Invoice from Frank on the Battery rental...& the gits lost me nuts the bastid...

So has anyone got a scrap battery as Rob needs the nuts & the flat square screws to replace the ones he's apparently lost out of my spare batt... :lol:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

let me have a look in my nut and bolt box as I never throw those away when the battery is duff. If it's likely to be useful I keep it.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Thanks fellas but the nuts will be on the way to me today :thumbup:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

and this is why its the best forum going. hope you all had a great day lads :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

looks like a top day was had by all (apart from murv) :thumbup: :thumbup:

heart warming to hear of all the good deeds going on :D

:beer:

Still cant get mine down the drive :roll: :confused
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.