20th anniversary...Southern Softies ride up meeting points.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

20th anniversary...Southern Softies ride up meeting points.

Post by MacV2 »

OK so here is what I've come up with...A multi point meeting run...Thought it best to make the meet points service stations so you can top up if ness.

Each meet point has an approx arrival but a firm leaving time...Distance & time between points is via google maps so whilst the miles is firm the timings acording to them are not necessarily correct due to the posted speed limits, traffic & road works ect.

A/ Brook Street services off J28 M25...Aiming to be there at 07.15 leaving at 07.40 sharp. Its then 25 miles to...

B/South Mimms Services off J23 M25...Aiming to be there from 08.00/0815 & leaving @ 08.40. it's then 64 miles to...

C/Watford Gap Services on the M1... Aiming to be there from 9.40/50 & leaving @ 10.15 sharp...

Which sould then get us the 30 miles to the National Motorcycle Museum @ 10.45 ish...

So as said all arival times are dependent on traffic, roadworks & unforeseen Traffic issues.

Don't forget your passports & translation books as we're going north of the Watford Gap... :lol:

Also bring lube as your gonna get butt feked by filling up at the M/Way service stations... 8O :Behind 2: :lol:
Last edited by MacV2 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bazza696

Re: 20th anniversary...Southern Softies ride up meeting points.

Post by bazza696 »

Will look at the route and let you know
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Looks like the best place to meet you Mac would be the Watford Gap services(NN6 7UZ), see you at 9.40. Will be bringing the other half.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

what time are you guys planning on getting to the museum?
as me and a few others are staying overnight in Leicester. I believe we're only going to be about 30 minutes away.
I was thinking of heading out about 10am.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

agentpineapple wrote:what time are you guys planning on getting to the museum?
as me and a few others are staying overnight in Leicester. I believe we're only going to be about 30 minutes away.
I was thinking of heading out about 10am.

"Which sould then get us the 30 miles to the National Motorcycle Museum @ 10.45 ish..."
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds a bit early for me- I like a nice lie-in and a greasy breakfast before setting off. So I'll head up Friday night and stay with some rellies.
I'll see you all there.

I'll ride back with you, Mac.

In preparation, I've smeared cat food over the fairing, and we'll see if the cats will lick it as clean as their food bowl.
It's worth a try.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'll be joining you guys for the ride back south........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

are these meet up points still current ?. I thought I read somewhere that mac will be crocked for riding that day ?

I would probably be aiming for the Watford gap 09.40 option (via bury st eds then Cambridge). possibly accompanied by my mate on his Daytona 675 , he,s always wanted to go to the museum but never got round to it :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:are these meet up points still current ?. I thought I read somewhere that mac will be crocked for riding that day ?

I would probably be aiming for the Watford gap 09.40 option (via bury st eds then Cambridge). possibly accompanied by my mate on his Daytona 675 , he,s always wanted to go to the museum but never got round to it :thumbup:
Some say I've always been crocked ! My operation was cancelled so I'm not in a sling & therefore will be riding up rather than cadging a lift in a cage...

That is unless I get called in for a last minte cacellation before the 20th ER ??? the 15th obvs...DOH !...otherwise I'm now booked in on the 31st for a slice n dice...

Worst news is I'm going back to work tomorrow...

So yeah timings as in the OP.
Last edited by MacV2 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

nice one :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.