Post by podman »

Yes. Post a link please mate.
StuartWags

Re: Rockingham 14 July Friday evening

Post by StuartWags »

podman

Post by podman »

Ive booked mate....same group, very much looking forward to it, I did the RH day a year ago but havent been on a track for at least 10 years prior to that.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

podman wrote:
Ive booked mate....same group, very much looking forward to it, I did the RH day a year ago but havent been on a track for at least 10 years prior to that.

excellent
podman

Post by podman »

Ive been told there is no noise limit testing in the evening... :biggrin
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

there is a noise test on the evening 104dB and i scrapped through with Scorpions with no baffles
podman

Post by podman »

StuartWags wrote:there is a noise test on the evening 104dB and i scrapped through with Scorpions with no baffles
:( I think id better put the standard ones back on then...I dont think my cans will pass 104db
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

podman wrote:
StuartWags wrote:there is a noise test on the evening 104dB and i scrapped through with Scorpions with no baffles
:( I think id better put the standard ones back on then...I dont think my cans will pass 104db
I don't think they will either.

Did you ever fit the DB killers?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
podman

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
podman wrote:
I don't think they will either.

Did you ever fit the DB killers?

No, I did try the other week but it seems they (the baffles) need to be inserted from the "back" of the can and that joint is stuck fast, I do love the noise of them but it appears No Limits have their limits!

No problem, ill stick the OE items back on.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

podman wrote:No, I did try the other week but it seems they (the baffles) need to be inserted from the "back" of the can and that joint is stuck fast, I do love the noise of them but it appears No Limits have their limits!

When I had them I intended to grind the flange down enough to get the things in, Then drill a small hole for a self-tapper or a pop rivet. They certainly don't fit with the size of the existing flange. I never got around to doing it though.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
podman

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
podman wrote:No, I did try the other week but it seems they (the baffles) need to be inserted from the "back" of the can and that joint is stuck fast, I do love the noise of them but it appears No Limits have their limits!

When I had them I intended to grind the flange down enough to get the things in, Then drill a small hole for a self-tapper or a pop rivet. They certainly don't fit with the size of the existing flange. I never got around to doing it though.
No, its a poor design but I love the sound of them open anyway Ian, even if the neighbours dont.. :mrgreen:
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

i took a set of db killers when i went a couple of weeks ago. I had to grind them to get them to fit but fortunately squeezed through without them

it does say 104 db limit on the link. make sure you check out the other requirements too. Licence, leathers, boots, helmet etc.
stevo67

Post by stevo67 »

Rekon i might go for that, i, ve not been on track for a couple of years and never been to rockingham, my local track is Snetterton but fancy a change, should be interesting
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

stevo67 wrote:Rekon i might go for that, i, ve not been on track for a couple of years and never been to rockingham, my local track is Snetterton but fancy a change, should be interesting
It's worth a try