Wales 2017 Meet Friday 15th Sept - South East ride west

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

bazza696

Re: Wales 2017 Meet Friday 15th Sept - South East ride west

Post by bazza696 »

dewg wrote:I signed-up as "DEWG", which are my initials (there is no extra tax to pay on having 4 names). I wouldn't know how to pronounce it either---Deputy Dewg?

I did a substantial post about my recent bike history (4 bikes in 14 months, before a KTM 990 friend (a friend for nearly 30 years) told me to stop messing about, and get the VTR). I don't know where that post went. I'm sure I pressed "submit" Perhaps aliens conspired to make it not post, or perhaps I xucked-up. Anyway---I did properly introduce myself, but it has disappeared into the eather.

I need a proper ride-out on the VTR. I'm self-employed, so no-one can tell me I'm not going on 15th September, if I decide I am, which I have.

Couple of months away, and I've got an America visit before then, but I'll keep checking the site to finalise arrangements.

Incidentally, my Thai-Bride has a number of young friends who would like to meet VTR owners for some social-interaction.
(The whole of this paragraph is made-up, unfortunately).

DEWG (David)
Are you happy to meet up at Reading services(RG30 3UQ) between 11-11.30?
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Hi chaps. Unfortunately I have had major problems getting logged onto the site and have only just managed to get logged in today after resetting my password about a hundred bloody times! As such I have had to book into the campsite with my campervan again to ensure I had pitch to go to.Was going to take amcq,s place as he cannot attend but have only recieved his pm today as I could,nt get logged in so I am really sorry mate but cant take your place in the bunkhouse as I already have my camper booked in.Will bell you again later to explain.Sorry if this is going to inconvienience anyone and will try to find a mate to fill amcq,s place. :(
mark2000vtr

Post by mark2000vtr »

Have just spoken to Alistair and he said a chap called Gabby was interested in filling his place but he had promised it to me at the time.Can anyone who knows gabby get a message to him or anyone else for that matter and try to get Alistair,s place on the trip filled please.Sorry again for any inconvienience caused. :oops:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

We are getting close now if David wants to meet up, then in one of my earlier posts I will be at reading services(RG30 3UG) at around 11-11.30 for a fuel stop, if not I will have a lonely ride up on my own and probably just drive straight to Aust......then I will only need 1 fuel stop.