Op Storm Wales 2018 Sep 14th to 16th

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

cheekykev

Op Storm Wales 2018 Sep 14th to 16th

Post by cheekykev »

Hi all you Storm Troopers.

Due to the success of the 2017 meeting i will be organising it again, we will be staying at the Bunkhouse (see link below) which I have already preliminary booked, and the ride out will be similar if not the same as this years.
The meeting will be held on the weekend of September 14th, 15th and 16th, 2018 meeting up on Friday and leaving Sunday.
For those that didn't come this year, here's a low down, the Bunkhouse accommodates 20 people at a cost of £480 for the weekend, so not hard to work out that it would be £24 each.
You can bring your own sleeping bag, but they will provide bedding for a one off payment of £3 (no brainier really)
It's all based on self-catering, but they will provide a breakfast for £5 pp if required, and a 2 course evening meal, again if required for £12 pp, a BBQ is also there for us to use if we want to have our own burgers etc, all we did last year was order breakfast (which I must add was second to none) :thumbup: and chipped in £21 each and did our own BBQ at night with beer etc.
Not bad hey, a total cost of £51 for the whole weekend including digs, breakfast, BBQ and beer :Beer Popcorn: plus no need to carry anything with you only a change of clothes, great value which anyone who attended this years meeting will vouch for :D :thumbup:
The important bit is the guy needs a deposit before the end of the Year, so I need to know who's coming and payment before the New Year, If we fill the place taking into account of £24 digs, £3 bedding and a few quid for the electric meter, then I'll be asking for full payment off only £30 each.
There seems little point in asking for a deposit then going through all the pain of asking for payment again so I will be asking for full payment before the end of December.
If anyone who came this year would like to comment on the meeting then please crack on, this may help other members, especially new members to decide if it's for them or not.
So come on guys, lets get some names down, don't forget there are only 20 places to be had, when the place is full it doesn't mean you can't come, it just means you'll have to camp or find a guest house, all of which are available close by.

https://www.bunkhousemidwales.co.uk/

This is the list so far

1 cheekykev
2 AMcQ46
3 grumpyfrog
4 MacV2
5 gabi81
6 bazza696
7 geodude staying in B&B
8 uk13iker
9 Pete.l
10 mark2000vtr staying in campervan
11 Wicky
Last edited by cheekykev on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Re: Op Storm Wales 2018 Sep 14th to 16th

Post by AMCQ46 »

and AMcQ46 - I will try harder to not allow my wife to book the family holiday on the same week this time
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Yip I'm in.
Ok, there were some pillows thrown around on Friday night due to the persistent snorers and farters, but that's better than someone pissing on your tent in the middle of the night for the same reason, but the bunk house is great. AND there's burger all phone signal, so no need to have to call/ report in to the other half's. wippee.
place is clean, well it was before we all trudged in, showers are good, place to hang up wet/sweaty gear to dry out and big tables for crap to be talked about in the dry and warmth.
What's more to want.
No tent, no bedding, no cups kettles etc to pack up and cart around..... all good.

Same paypal details Kev?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Well done AMcQ46 :thumbup: you wont be disappointed :thumbup:
grumpyfrog wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:45 pm Yip I'm in.
Same paypal details Kev?
Yeah, just hold fire while I get the number of attendees :thumbup: I will contact everyone listed when I require payment.
Like what you do
Do what you like
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Oh go on then...I'll try not to brake any more bones before then...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Im in put me down
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

I'm in on this one.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Me. I'll be on my MTB like the last time and will NOT be staying at the bunkhouse. But i'll see you all off and meet for curry!
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

I’m in it was probably the best biking weekend I’ve had any new members that have never been to a op storm really should try to attend this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well done Kev.
It'll give us something to look forward to over the winter months :D
My Mrs is going to ave a fit when I start talking about Devon, Ireland and Wales all in one week :lol:

Just got your text. Go on then, put me on the list ....I'll tell her later....like March :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Pete! Yah missed Scotland trip. + the optional 5+ days missing coming further north if your souther grey locks will permit you. (And your brother is more than welcome to come)
Also
In reaponce to the NC500 I now see the NW250 is being run out. Again this is a fab route, you can do it from my place in a day or over night it if weather dictates.
Come on lads, who's up for it?,??
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i will confirm soon as i can but would love to get to this meet :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 pm Pete! Yah missed Scotland trip. + the optional 5+ days missing coming further north if your souther grey locks will permit you. (And your brother is more than welcome to come)
Also
In reaponce to the NC500 I now see the NW250 is being run out. Again this is a fab route, you can do it from my place in a day or over night it if weather dictates.
Come on lads, who's up for it?,??
will get the basic Scotland long weekend dates out soon, but the longer loops sounds like a great idea
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:06 am i will confirm soon as i can but would love to get to this meet :D
To be honest, like I've said to many others, I know it's ages away but unfortunately I have to book this place before the New Year or we could end up loosing it, yes I except that we all are probably uncertain of our plans for 2018, but why don't you just put your name down, at the end of the day the worst case scenario is, if it ends up you can't come then you just lose £30 :( and the chances are if you can't make it someone else will buy your place off you :D at least if you get your name down now you're sure of getting in the Bunkhouse :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

But can people bring loose change for electric and wifi lol
It was a brilliant weekend with some very good roads and exceptional company highly recomended
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!