OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Post by AMCQ46 »

timings for Friday ride up etc.

8-30am Depart my house Friday morning or stopping over Thursday night. - peteL, D1ckiebig and mate
12.30 depart Settle - Ady, Budd, Flatty and perhaps Cheekykev [just for the ride]
through Hawes- nobody
4pm in Dumfries Tescos petrol station on the Bypass - Grumpyfrog, Mag@sport and tynedale crew
5pm arrive at Campsite -

Normally would be the weekend of the bank holiday [3rd to 6th] but that is only 2 weeks after the NI trip, so I am proposing a 1 week slip back to 10th till 13th Aug

Format as pervious years

Ride up on friday, Bunkhouse now planned for up to 20, out of town on the banks of Loch Ken, ride out Saturday and Sunday then ride back south on Monday.
bunkhouse details, as well as the bunk house there are Yurts and loch side cabins, so if you wanted to bring non biking family for a weekend in the countryside, have a look at the website. you can also pitch a tent if you are old school or park a motor home.

Saturday provisional view is to do this route 215 miles ;) - Saturday
Saturday shorter 160 mile option if needed for 2nd group saturday short option
On Sunday provisional 185 mile route - [https://www.plotaroute.com/route/655032]Sunday route[/url] - although I may shorten it if people need to catch a ferry or head off home sunday afternoon [note this file is updated to run the loop in the opposite direction so that we don't do dalveen pass in the same direction we did the day before]

feeding plans are:
1) Friday night we order a takeaway to be delivered to camp site, and we send a car into Castle Douglas to collect some cans and other provisions.
2) Saturday / sunday / monday breakfast can be bought at the café on the campsite for approx. £5 for continental or £10 for cooked
3) sat night the café is doing a gourmet burger night for £15.50. again we will confirm the order on Friday, but you have options of Beef, Falafel & coriander!, Garlic Chicken or pork apple & sage [inc icecream to finish]
4) sunday night - still to work it out

join for a single day if you are local, or for all 4, its up to you.

will also be a good if everybody who is coming has read about the 2nd man drop off marking system click here to read the marking system rules and asks any questions if they are not sure how it works.

also please send me your mobile number and join "WhatsApp" so I can set up a group where we can quickly share information & location between everybody on the ride.

so if you are staying for the long weekend = £54 for 3 nights,
Friday and Saturday only should be £36 as long as we can do a deal on some staying for a shorter time

so far confirmed:
AMcQ46 - Friday Saturday & sunday
AMcQ46 brother & Brother in law [both local so not in bunkhouse]
Grumpyfrog - Friday Saturday & sunday - paid
Gabi in his own chalet
Kermitlefrog + well groomed Andy + Edward - paid
Fabiostar, James and Stevie from the NI massive - paid Friday & saturday
Macdee + 1 paid Friday & saturday
PeteL - paid Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Mag@sport -
D1ckieBig + 1 paid Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Budd - yes
Mark2000vtr- yes
Adyf - yes but in Chalet with his Mrs :wonker:
Flatline - yes in chalet

UK13er - maybe
Rollingthunderx2 - maybe

dropped out
Mistaziggy
Podman
Les
kent pussies :D
BigVeeGrin
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:46 am, edited 29 times in total.
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Re: OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Post by grumpyfrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:Normally would be the weekend of the bank holiday [3rd to 6th] but that is only 2 weeks after the NI trip, so I am proposing a 1 week slip back to 10th till 13th Aug

Format as pervious years

Ride up on friday, camping in Kirkcudbright, ride out Saturday and Sunday then ride back south on Monday.

join for a single day if you are local, or for all 4, its up to you.

so do these dates work for those who normally come?
South on Monday? How can you try and attract some of the Northern lads if your such a southern softie????

Oh and yes. Dates are all good. Can we camp on another part of the site, or can you get your good lady to pack a Kango hammer in when she brings your kit up please.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Happy days Al those dates work great. will try and make the 4 days instead of the 3...but im in :clap: :clap:

il see the other two previous visitors that came over and tell them the dates :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Thanks rob

And grumpy, do. you want to do a pitch for OP Storm Scotland mk6+?! So anybody wanting to make a week of it and head north with you has some basic details ...... one year I I'll do it, I just can't blag the time off
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

confirmed as going is.
myself.
james ktm.now to be called james husky.
stevie broken tuono
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 am confirmed as going is.
myself.
james ktm.now to be called james husky.
stevie broken tuono
good news, will be good to see Stevie and James again... I assume James has a) got a new bike and b) is now a proud father .. so has he got permission from SHMBO?
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

What happened to the ktm? Been keeping an eye out for 1 of them but prices are stupid at the mo. There goes my plans of stealing his keys for 1/2 hr...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

indeedy he sold the KTM as he found every time he went for a spin it ended up a bit on the naughty side :lol: :lol: ..
great bike and he does miss it but he is having a ball on a 2016 husky 701... iv been out with him and i have to say its impressive for a single how it goes, it revs like no other big single iv ever ridden :D

and he is a proud dad.... all weekend passes have been applied for and granted.

stevie traded the storm in for a really fit prillar and wishes he never bothered.. nothing but ball ache, it now been in the dealers near 4 months and they still cant get it to run properly so he will be on something else by next summer :clap:

i did suggest he should scrap it and id buy the front and rear end out of it :eek2 :eek2
budd

Post by budd »

what year Tuono is it? my RSV as been faultless so for (touches wood), your mate should speak to Griff at Aprilia Performance ( https://www.apriliaperformance.co.uk/) if Griff can't sort it then it can't be sorted :D
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im not sure but i think its in around 2010/11 ish, it spluttered and misfired a lot and they have changed just about every sensor and wire they can and had it hooked up to laptops and its not showing and problems but still runs like sh1t.. he very close to taken a box of matches to it :wink:
macdee

Post by macdee »

I don,t normally come but usually say i will then not turn up
so i'm going to say i'm not going this year to see what happens :P
told you not to but oh no you knew better
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

macdee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:01 pm I don,t normally come but usually say i will then not turn up
ferckin hell, reverse psychology ... well its worth a try from this end too.

your barred from this ride :lol:
AMcQ
macdee

Post by macdee »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm
macdee wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:01 pm I don,t normally come but usually say i will then not turn up
ferckin hell, reverse psychology ... well its worth a try from this end too.

your barred from this ride :lol:
like your thinking McQ
told you not to but oh no you knew better
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

what with all other Storm weekends now moving away from camping to chalets or bunkhouses.... what is the collective thinking about relocating the base for this run away from campsite in the town with all the pubs... and go out into the countryside to a bunkhouse by a loch bunkhouse.

I can find a bunkhouse that will hold 20 people for a cost of £290 per night. so call it £30 for 2 nights if we fill it £39 if we don't fill it

so whats the opinion on this?

oh and its the same place that was used for Guy Martins SPEED TV show when he went for the hovercraft speed record
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:what with all other Storm weekends now moving away from camping to chalets or bunkhouses.... what is the collective thinking about relocating the base for this run away from campsite in the town with all the pubs... and go out into the countryside to a bunkhouse by a loch bunkhouse.

I can find a bunkhouse that will hold 20 people for a cost of £290 per night. so call it £30 for 2 nights if we fill it £39 if we don't fill it

so whats the opinion on this?

oh and its the same place that was used for Guy Martins SPEED TV show when he went for the hovercraft speed record
Oi, I bought a tent and I've only used it once....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)