GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Kev L

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by Kev L »

:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 am
Kev L wrote:I still have my old centre caps which came off clean. Remind me closer to the day and I’ll bring them along for you.
Thanks Kev, very kind of you. I’de be happy to pay for or replace any parts. Image
You'll have to remind him a lot Solar, the senile old duffer will only forget them...it's just over 3months away & he can't even remember having a shite this morning... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev, don't forget the generator inspection cap for Solarboy...your new bitch...heheheheh
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:36 pm
Kev L wrote:I still have my old centre caps which came off clean. Remind me closer to the day and I’ll bring them along for you.
Thanks Kev, very kind of you. I’de be happy to pay for or replace any parts. Image
You'll have to remind him a lot Solar, the senile old duffer will only forget them...it's just over 3months away & he can't even remember having a shite this morning... :lol:
You’re right Mac, I can’t remember having you this morning!!! :p
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Hi

Yes Please on the big Ole Triumph, if thats ok. I hope to get a Storm but it may be a wreck until i can sort it.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Kev L wrote:
MacV2 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:36 pm
You’re right Mac, I can’t remember having you this morning!!! :p
Don’t forget the generator caps Kev, in a previous post Mac says he already has lube so we should be good..Image
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
tilt390

Post by tilt390 »

MacV2 wrote:Yes folks it that time of year again.

The Award winning* GrainStorm workshopday franchise enters it's 5th year.

*viewtopic.php?f=18&t=41751&start=30#p455411

So GrainStorm V will take place on MAY 5th 2018.

All welcome even non Storm riders...

This year I will forego the requirement to bring biscuits & munchies instead I would like you to donate cost of said consumables to the Kent Air Ambulance fund. The fund raising pack arrived yesterday & just to prove I'm not asking you just to put cash in a box that i'll then pocket heres the proof that I'm serious about forgoing the biscuits...

Doors open 08.00 hours.

Tea & coffee & possibly bacon sarnies till 09.30...after that self service. It is customary for attendees to bring biscuits, snacks, nibbles & comestibles. Bring your own particular favourite but don't get mad if someone else munches them... However this year is different see above...But if you still want to bring biscuits thats up to you

All welcome...PM me for full addy details or look on google maps or some such, Isle of Grain, Kent. ME3 to see if the journey is worth getting out of bed for.

See here for updated directions...viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38626

As is the norm for a workshopday the whole idea is to do the work on your bike yourself...there will be someone on hand to talk you through it if you not 100% confident. So bring any parts & fluids you will need & tools if possible.

If you want to attend just for the craic, to meet fellow Stormers or just to talk general bollacks..thats fine...we need just one bike to be worked on to make it a workshopday...& it gives the rest of us someone to mock... :wink:

I have paddock stands, abba stands & most tools...but please bring you own tools if you can...I don't mind lending out tools but keeping track of them when there are loads of bods around is a bit tough. remember the old saying...

''If you handle another man's tool treat it as you would treat you own & always return it wiped clean with no messy residues upon it...''

There will be plenty of rags, paper towels, fluid receptacles ect on hand. Plus air compresor + tools, bearing tools, brake tools & large hammers.

Remember you are working on your own bike.

There is plenty of room but no responsibility is taken by me for any ham fisted broken bits or any baboon treading on your removed body work.

I do have some spares, oils, fluids & lube if needed.

It has to be a Saturday in case a major part is required & a trip to a bike shop is required. Although I do have a good selection of spare parts...

If you want to attend then drop me a PM to start with. Inc. your user name & what you intend to be doing. In return I will send you full address & a contact number..

New members with less than 50 posts...get posting or post on here & I will PM you.

I am not putting my Address, phone number or e-mail in this post...Contact via PM only...

Comon down the banjos are a calling...

ATTENDEES...Provisional depending on weather for some of them...

Mac...Host & all round good guy. :wink:

Frank...Storespider...

Parts Minion...Franks right hands man...

Jonsey & Michala... Master Braker & his beautiful assistant.

Alanfjones... New fluids please...DOt 4 nothing that requires lube...

Duffster...

Sqiffythewombat...

Baycat...

PopKat...Possilbly maybe.

Tony Mons...

KevL...President of the Sons of Ibuprofen MC...

Baycat... Kev's dad ? Image

Solor Boy...CCT's

Kermi Frogster...general chit chat...
Watcha. I like to attend this year please Mac. Missed it last year but definitely off on my Shift pattern so would like to partake for general chitty chat only. Cheers mate Kev.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

"New Knee's anyone ? "
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tilt390 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm Watcha. I like to attend this year please Mac. Missed it last year but definitely off on my Shift pattern so would like to partake for general chitty chat only. Cheers mate Kev.

No worries tiltKev.

There is often a meet up along the way with various bods coming down the A12 or from North of London way...Keep your eye out on any meet up threads...like this one.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41848

Although it's only two of them so far & they are only meeting at the A12/A130 juntion.

The place for meet ups in the past has been either J28 M25/A12 but at the petrol station just off the roundabout or at Thorock/Lakeside (IIRC there was a bit of a f/up with the meeting there last year or the year before... :lol:
tilt390

Post by tilt390 »

MacV2 wrote:
tilt390 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm Watcha. I like to attend this year please Mac. Missed it last year but definitely off on my Shift pattern so would like to partake for general chitty chat only. Cheers mate Kev.

No worries tiltKev.

There is often a meet up along the way with various bods coming down the A12 or from North of London way...Keep your eye out on any meet up threads...like this one.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41848

Although it's only two of them so far & they are only meeting at the A12/A130 juntion.

The place for meet ups in the past has been either J28 M25/A12 but at the petrol station just off the roundabout or at Thorock/Lakeside (IIRC there was a bit of a f/up with the meeting there last year or the year before... Image
Haha yes there was a slight timing issue year before last. I think someone's Mickey Mouse watch was running slow apparently ImageImageImageImage

"New Knee's anyone ? "
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

hi mac ,
I will be popping along if I can (work/weather permitting)!!
it would be great if tony or someone else could help try and balance up my carbs and perhaps that TPS setting while were down there ??

I been off the radar for a bit as mrs lumpy has been proper, proper poorly !!. not even started the bike up for about 3 months (the vtr not the missus :lol: ), new battery could be order I think :crazy:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:08 am hi mac ,
I will be popping along if I can (work/weather permitting)!!
it would be great if tony or someone else could help try and balance up my carbs and perhaps that TPS setting while were down there ??

I been off the radar for a bit as mrs lumpy has been proper, proper poorly !!. not even started the bike up for about 3 months (the vtr not the missus :lol: ), new battery could be order I think :crazy:
Carb sync is easily done...As long as the take off points are there.

If not you will need a front cylinder vac point adapter, some vac tube & a T piece to splice into the rear vac pipe. If you have a Scottoiler it will have the T piece already.

I have a set of gauges.

TPS setting is faily easy as well..if you have small hands... :lol:

Have a look here to see the bit's you'll need...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18430

The take off point adapter...
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18430#p150461
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Happy to help with the carb balance.
One thing you can do beforehand is to give the adjusters mechanism on th lh side of the carbs a couple of squirts of wd40.
You can see it under the tank a brass circular disc which moves when you open the throttle.

The adjuster is often seized or sticky.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cheers gents :thumbup: :thumbup:

im hoping the carb balance may help the big lurch at approx 3250 revs ??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am cheers gents :thumbup: :thumbup:

im hoping the carb balance may help the big lurch at approx 3250 revs ??
Isn't the big lurch the bloke sitting on it ?

What fillter you got in it std or K&N ?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Lumpy did you look to see if the front take off is in place ?

I do have some spare take off's in stock...Frank says they are £50 quid each as it's an emergency...Spider rates apparently...