GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Solarboy

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by Solarboy »

What am I letting myself in for??? its a rhetorical question and requires no answer....
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm What am I letting myself in for??? Image its a rhetorical question and requires no answer....
FRANK ! Get those ratchet tie downs ready & start warming the branding irons up will ya...

What ?... No forget the lube mate we'll be going in dry...yes all of us...

Just a shame Kevs not gonna be here, he has the gimp mask this weekend...

Whats that you say, weekend... yes he will have a weakend by the end of the day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'll bring my carb balancer, a few tools and the bits I need to do my oil change.
Anything else needed, Mac?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:
Solarboy wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm What am I letting myself in for??? Image its a rhetorical question and requires no answer....
FRANK ! Get those ratchet tie downs ready & start warming the branding irons up will ya...

What ?... No forget the lube mate we'll be going in dry...yes all of us...

Just a shame Kevs not gonna be here, he has the gimp mask this weekend...

Whats that you say, weekend... yes he will have a weakend by the end of the day...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:27 pm I'll bring my carb balancer, a few tools and the bits I need to do my oil change.
Anything else needed, Mac?
I have a Carbtune now Tony & plenty of rags for the oil spills... :lol:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Thank you kindly. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
tonyhys

Post by tonyhys »

I have just been added to the weekend rota for my new job so Not going to make it which is a shame as it would have been nice to put some faces to names. Hope it all goes well (not to meany bolts left on the fore at the end of the day), and let us know what the charity tole is :thumbup:
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Just back in from fitting new front calliper, repairing hugger, adjusting chain and giving her a clean for grainstorm run.
When I started her up though I've got a horrible rattle coming from behind the rear cylinder when I blip the throttle.
Can't find anything obviously loose but Im hoping it's coming from inside the exhaust and is a bit of rotten exhaust seal or something that's broken away inside- it sounds like this but don't wanna take her out until I'm sure incase it's something more sinister..
I'm heading back out now to try and remove the exhaust and see if I can get to the bottom of it.
Fingers crossed!
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fatfreddy000 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:20 pm Just back in from fitting new front calliper, repairing hugger, adjusting chain and giving her a clean for grainstorm run.
When I started her up though I've got a horrible rattle coming from behind the rear cylinder when I blip the throttle.
Can't find anything obviously loose but Im hoping it's coming from inside the exhaust and is a bit of rotten exhaust seal or something that's broken away inside- it sounds like this but don't wanna take her out until I'm sure incase it's something more sinister..
I'm heading back out now to try and remove the exhaust and see if I can get to the bottom of it.
Fingers crossed!
be sooo careful not to snap an exhaust stud...... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

agentpineapple wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 4:12 pm
fatfreddy000 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:20 pm Just back in from fitting new front calliper, repairing hugger, adjusting chain and giving her a clean for grainstorm run.
Fingers crossed!
Phew, success!.
Luckily I extracted the rotten front studs and made up a split flange a few months back so the job was do-able without a headache today.
2 knackered mikalor clamps later and I find the problem- the rear header to link pipe seal had given out allowing some free play between the pipes and a god awful rattling when blipping the throttle..
Big relief as I was fearing a cam chain associated issue..
Will have to order some new clamps and seals, until then it's blowing a little but no rattle and it's held together with SS jubilees!
I also now have a broken mount on the belly pan that's gonna require a fibreglass repair, and I just remembered my front tyres still on backwards- need to get that refitted tomorrow.
But good news for me, plus grainstorm's back on!
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
adyf

Post by adyf »

Hiya mac how ya doing buddy ? Back from the dead , hope you get a good turnout , later brother.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

adyf wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:43 pm Hiya mac how ya doing buddy ? Back from the dead , hope you get a good turnout , later brother.
Hayyyy Ady, doin fine thanks, now the latest bone braking episode is all plated up... :lol: :lol:

Only 2 sleeps now & the bacon munching hoards decend upon Grain.

I've booked the Sun & this year no half finished rebuilds will be turning up...I hope... :lol: :lol:
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
Fingers crossed!
Phew, success!.
Luckily I extracted the rotten front studs and made up a split flange a few months back so the job was do-able without a headache today.
2 knackered mikalor clamps later and I find the problem- the rear header to link pipe seal had given out allowing some free play between the pipes and a god awful rattling when blipping the throttle..
Will have to order some new clamps and seals, until then it's blowing a little but no rattle and it's held together with SS jubilees!
I also now have a broken mount on the belly pan that's gonna require a fibreglass repair, and I just remembered my front tyres still on backwards- need to get that refitted tomorrow.
Sounds like you’ve had a bit of a headache with the work on the bike. So does that mean you’re all good to meet at the Thurrock services en route mate?
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Solarboy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:37 pm
fatfreddy000 wrote:

Phew, success!.
Sounds like you’ve had a bit of a headache with the work on the bike. So does that mean you’re all good to meet at the Thurrock services en route mate?
Yep all good to meet. Just need test the new brakes are working and properly bled and get the front tyre refitted tomorrow..
See you on sunny sat morn..
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Just a wee heads up...On my run in to work yesterday morn, some fekwit, nob jockey, total plonk of a tipper driver drove all the way up the Grain road from the port entrance to the by-pass...so about 10-12 miles...Dropping gravel all the way...! Very small stuff not even pea gravel size.

By now most of it will have been swept away by passing traffic but take care on the way out at the roundabouts esp. It was mostly in the center of the lane but was a bit spread out on the roundabouts, probably as he was most likly straightlining them...

When I got onto the by-pass ther was a tipper at the side of the road with the driver doing something at the rear, maybe someone with a chipped windscreen had flagged him down... :lol: :lol:

On my way home I got a few spits of it from traffic coming the other way...

So just be aware esp on the roundabouts...as if the pot holes arn't enough to worry about...