GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

fatfreddy000

Re: GrainStorm

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Lost you all on way home, I ended up stuck in traffic baking in me leathers with the fan going in Blackwell tunnel.
.. anyway good to see in person your ugly mugs after so much communication on the best bike owners forum in the world.
Big thanks to all for not ripping the piss of my mauve paint job too much, and to mac for hosting, for the carb synch tutorial, take off parts and caliper.. and crispy bacon sarnies of course, and to Kermit for the hugger and for going to check out my storm in Hexham last year before I purchased.
Fingers crossed I get no letter from the A13 average speed cam near thrurrock..
See you next year or before if I still have a license!.
Last edited by fatfreddy000 on Sat May 05, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
VTRDark

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by VTRDark »

Lovely day, weather was stunning. It was nice to catch up and put some new faces to names. I even managed to blag a mask for my spraying :D Some lovely bikes and I was most impressed with Kermits Aprilla. Stunning machine. :erection: Next year I shall be on my Storm too. Thanks Mac and well done for another successful Grain Workshop day :clap: :clap: :clap: mIssed the maturity of Kev's beard though :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Great day out Mac
Another well planned and executed workshop, even if I did keep my fingers away from anything that looked like work
I can even claim I got a bacon sarny this year. So no more moaning from me in the future.
Fantastic to catch up with some old friends and even better to have some new ones enter the fold. I might have to give my long distance crown to Kermit though, he came all the way down from Hexam, even if it was the day before on his Tounotastic bit of machinery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Hi Gents, great to meet you all and a big thanks to Mac for hosting and Tony for the assistance with the CCT’s.
I’ll pm you Mac about the washers but can you put my Hienz ketchup in the post too??? Seriously, great day though just need a shed load of aftersun on my neck now!!!
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Oh by the way, the bike ran perfect on the way home, didn’t miss a beat.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Plus I got to do an oil change on the 2 and fit a ti drain plug, so it was even lighter on the way home.
Good to meet all the new owners, :wave: so now you know we aren't too scary or scarry I look forward to seeing some of you on this year's meetups.
Thanks for hosting, Mac, and the oil disposal.
Last edited by tony.mon on Sat May 05, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Pete.L wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:26 pm I might have to give my long distance crown to Kermit though, he came all the way down from Hexam

You lost that crown last year Pete, Bideford is further than Brissle :biggrin Hexam is further though :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Perfect day.Perfect weather.Perfect people.Thanks Mac for hosting another great workshop day and letting all into your home and eat all your bacon.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 pm
Pete.L wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:26 pm I might have to give my long distance crown to Kermit though, he came all the way down from Hexam

You lost that crown last year Pete, Bideford is further than Brissle :biggrin Hexam is further though :wink:

Ahh but he didnt ride down from Hexham today, he came from west maling, it's only down the road a bit...Ok he's riding back toady ...but we don't do avrages here..thems the rules...Today the crown is yours Pete, wear it with pride Sir !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

More of a tiara in Pete’s case :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Great turnout. Nice one on a well hosted grainstorm again. Things like that keep the storm circle alive
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

MacV2 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 pm
popkat wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Ahh but he didnt ride down from Hexham today, he came from west maling, it's only down the road a bit...Ok he's riding back toady ...but we don't do avrages here..thems the rules...Today the crown is yours Pete, wear it with pride Sir !
:thumbup:

:D Ha! Thanks for clarifying the rules Mac :D
So, :Finger1: In your face usurpers. Long live the King :Finger1:

Jeez! one sniff of a dynasty and they all want it :lol:

Off with their Heads

By the order of King Pete the magnificent :Chop:
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Kev L wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:06 pm More of a tiara in Pete’s case :lol:
Watch it naive! I might send you to Bazza's Dungeon.
And No, you're not allowed to enjoy it!

:twisted: :twisted:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Pit of misery, Dilly, Dilly !! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Just on a coincidental note Mac, I do know the original owner of you Smokin Joe! I messaged him yesterday and he replied today after he dug out some old paperwork. Jonesey will know him too, Rod Chapman..