GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Wicky

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by Wicky »

Great ride down and back up, great bacon butties, perfect weather and great to catch up with old faces and meet new folk investing in the best for their Storm beasties and other bikes.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:25 am Just on a coincidental note Mac, I do know the original owner of you Smokin Joe! I messaged him yesterday and he replied today after he dug out some old paperwork. Jonesey will know him too, Rod Chapman..
Ask him if he wan't to buy it back... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Quote of the day...

Vanstub...

We were in the kitchen making a brew...Carl, Marty & Wicky were in the garden... Pointing & laughing at Blonkey...

Vanstub said...''Carl looks like Willem Dafoe...after he let himself go...'' :lol: :lol:

After a bit we went back outside & I said to Carl what Vanstub had said, whilst others there found it funny...Carls response was 'Who's Willem Defoe ?'

After a bit of explaining the penny still hadn't dropped...

A young Willem in Platoon...

Carl...erm I mean Willem after he let himself go...
Lukejay1

Post by Lukejay1 »

First time posting on here in a while. What a great day!
Lukejay1

Post by Lukejay1 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:03 pm So GrainStorm V...

Another good turn out... Thanks for coming Chaps...Long distance award this year goes to Pete L all the way from Briztol...

Bacon was consumed, tea & coffee was drunk...General Baldrocks was talked & I shook hands on buying another Storm... :shh:

& belive it or not work was done...1x CCT change, 1x chain & sprockets(R1 but we dont like to talk about it...) 2x Carb balance...

Marty & Carl turned up in Martys cab... :lol: :lol:

A total of 15 Storms on the day ( OK 7 are mine... :lol: :lol: ) 3 various other lesser Hondas 2 Yams 1 zook 1 Beemer & 1 Aprilla...

Next time I'll borrow a storm! ;)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Lukejay1 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:27 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:03 pm So GrainStorm V...

Another good turn out... Thanks for coming Chaps...Long distance award this year goes to Pete L all the way from Briztol...

Bacon was consumed, tea & coffee was drunk...General Baldrocks was talked & I shook hands on buying another Storm... :shh:

& belive it or not work was done...1x CCT change, 1x chain & sprockets(R1 but we dont like to talk about it...) 2x Carb balance...

Marty & Carl turned up in Martys cab... :lol: :lol:

A total of 15 Storms on the day ( OK 7 are mine... :lol: :lol: ) 3 various other lesser Hondas 2 Yams 1 zook 1 Beemer & 1 Aprilla...

Next time I'll borrow a storm! ;)
Once a Stormer always a Stormer...even if you have crossed to the dark side...IL4...& gone all chavy on us with them 'orible grips... :lol:

Now get booked up for DevonStorm !

Any news on the wallet ?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

looks like you ladies had another great day :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now the penny has dropped. A picture speaks a thousand word's. Stick some fur on Blonkey could have a Dark Side of the Moon theme painted onto it :lol: Or throw some colour at it....

Then a loads of laquer and rub down between coats untill smooth.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:57 am
Now the penny has dropped. A picture speaks a thousand word's. Stick some fur on Blonkey could have a Dark Side of the Moon theme painted onto it :lol: Or throw some colour at it....

Then a loads of laquer and rub down between coats untill smooth.
Firstly you quoted the wrong pic the young Willem is not how you look & never have done... :lol: :lol:

Secondly, blonky need flatting down anyway before any paint get's anywhere near it...Not that I could be bothered... :lol: :lol:
Southwind531

Post by Southwind531 »

Hi all!
Cheers for your great hosting Mac. Felt really welcome as a newbie.

It was great to see the camaraderie & support from everyone, and to see some lovely Storms, as well as some that may not be regarded as beautiful in the classic sense. FF? Ha! They gave me inspiration and aspiration.

I had planned to clean mine ready to do some work on it, but spent 4 hours on the hard shoulder of the M25 instead on my way home from work Friday. I'd managed to drop it on myself earlier in the day too. And I didn't win the lottery.

Solarboy. No worries regards. I can't PM you back yet. I was impressed with your cool when faced with getting the front cover off again. You definitely did the right thing though.

Tilt. don't know how we lost each other coming back. Sorry about that mate. Your bike's splendid BTW.

Absolutely in love with your 2 Tony. Could you get the ding in the tank fixed first though please!?

I've got front & rear wheel bearings to do & brake pads to fit but fork seals are most urgent. Would some kind person please post a link for replacing them?

I'm not the savviest of computer users & have broken several! When I type "replace fork seals", for example, in the search bar I find it difficult to find a how-to guide. Any tips?

Cheers again guys. Hope to meet again soon!

S
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

==============================Enter the Darkside
Southwind531

Post by Southwind531 »

Wow, that was fast. I think you answered within 4 rings!

Will have a read through now cheers.

One leg has, what appear to be, hammer marks! Not from me. Is there any cure other than a replacement?

Steve
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Southwind531 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 am
One leg has, what appear to be, hammer marks! Not from me. Is there any cure other than a replacement?

Steve
Are they in the section swept by the seal?
If not, you can leave them alone.
It may be that they are marks left from the leg being straightened.
If that's done with a bench press or fly press it called leave marks.

If the dents are in the swept area you have to make a judgement call as to whether they allow oil to leak past the seal.
Were they leaking oil before the seal went?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I got back lunchtime today. Due to creative rule interpretation my 867 mile weekend did not win me the distance prize but, hey ho, Pete deserves it for sheer consistency.

I was honoured to meet you Mac for the first time and also all the other strange people:

I saw a master braker face off against a master breaker

and a competition to see how many people could muck up a manual CCT install.

A top day.

Yesterday I met Multistrada Andy and a couple of mates and we took in Beachy Head and Rykers near Dorking.

The traffic was generously supplied and had to be despatched without compunction. "Andy, are you sure you're happy doing that sh1t?". "Don't worry E, your're Daan Saaf now and the cars are used to bikes approaching them head on at high speed on the wrong side of the road, they always get out of the way"

The trip back along the A1 today was clear, rapid and boring and the OLOD came on at 136 miles which means an "economy" of 41mpg. Best ever!

Thanks once again (special mention to Mac) to everyone who made it such a fun day.
Last edited by KermitLeFrog on Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ok Ok...Pete your dethroned...hand back the tiara...

All hail the new long distance visitor...

Arise Sir Kermit Le Frog !

See folks grovling to the host does pay off... :lol:

Yeah good to meet you to Kermit...

Funny captions... :lol: