GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

lumpyv

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am Lumpy did you look to see if the front take off is in place ?

I do have some spare take off's in stock...Frank says they are £50 quid each as it's an emergency...Spider rates apparently...
haven't looked anything yet mate , but I do have a scottoiler on it so I believe that will do, the filter is a standard one :thumbup: :thumbup:
and I have got quite small hands :lol: :lol:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:08 am
MacV2 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 am Lumpy did you look to see if the front take off is in place ?

I do have some spare take off's in stock...Frank says they are £50 quid each as it's an emergency...Spider rates apparently...
haven't looked anything yet mate , but I do have a scottoiler on it so I believe that will do, the filter is a standard one :thumbup: :thumbup:
and I have got quite small hands :lol: :lol:
Thats good at least we know your half way there... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Southwind531

Post by Southwind531 »

Hi MacV2.

I'd love to come to the GrainStorm & meet up with a few Stormers!

Might do my CCT's if I haven't done them before then. Managed to get the inspection plugs undone today. Had to use an impact screwdriver on the larger one. They do seem to be made of cheese or chocolate though!

Would you message me an address please?

£50 sounds like a bargain for the vacuum adapters!!!

Steve
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

31 sleeps to go...Best start saving up for the bacon... :lol:
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:31 sleeps to go...Best start saving up for the bacon... :lol:
I’m still worried about the sauce Mac! Are you saving that up too....Image
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

I still need a new engine or a rebuild :'(

Would love to take photos again, maybe someone driving through could pick me up from Thurrock services?
MacV2

GrainStorm V...Potholes & Plod.

Post by MacV2 »

Due to the lervvvvly wether we have had this year, unsuprisingly the potholes abound around here. I can't possibly alert you to all of them but...

A2, for some reason the left hand lane on the run from Gravesend turning down past the Esso on the right & to the turn off for Grain is littered with the fekers...I don't suppose many of you will be will be in the left hand lane tho so that shoudn't be much of an issue... :lol: :lol:

Now as you peel off the A2 & just where the slip road bears left & goes down to one lane there is a shallow but quite wide & long one right on the racing line... I mean on the white lines, more so in the right hand lane...

The only other one I'm gonna mention, you can navigate the rest of the holes your self, is as you turn in by the Firestation to get into the High street there are a couple of dinner plate sized ones just where you want to turn in...Typically... you can steer between them or go deep & past them. I'd advise you slow it right down.

I've no spare front wheels in stock at the moment... :lol: :lol:

Now Plod...Have a habbit of plotting up, in a camera van on the overpasses on the duel carrigeway, down from the A2 to the rounderbout where you turn left. I've seen them twice in the past two months, once a weekday PM & on a Sat PM as well. Both times this was on the first overpass as you come from the A2 & normally they are on the righthand side as you approach. Of course its on a bend so you see it late... :roll:

They also like to hang out in other places along the run in to Grain.

1/ As you pass the Jet petrol stations the first roundabout, there is a juncton to the left with a farm gate entrance just inside the junction, again you wont see it until your right ontop of the roundabout or even going across it. Also worth a note here is that due to the bit of land on the left being a biulding site now there is shite loads of mud on this roundabout.

2/ Just after the bridge over the rail line they like to sit in the laybys as you come down off the bridge. Another site for nicely positioned pot holes BTW the bridge is constantly getting repairs to it..

3/ After you follow the road left outside the port about 1/4 mile down there is a layby on the left another often seen plotting up point.

4/ In the co-op buying donuts. ( This is 100% true, well not the donut bit, there is a permanant armed plod presence at the LNG site up the road I often see them in the co-op buying foodstuffs, all Glocked up! Several times I've kindly pointed out where the donuts are sited, several times they haven't laughed... :lol: )

20 sleeps to go folks !
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:Due to the lervvvvly wether we have had this year, unsuprisingly the potholes abound around here. I can't possibly alert you to all of them but...

A2, for some reason the left hand lane on the run from Gravesend turning down past the Esso on the right & to the turn off for Grain is littered with the fekers...I don't suppose many of you will be will be in the left hand lane tho so that shoudn't be much of an issue... :lol: :lol:

Now as you peel off the A2 & just where the slip road bears left & goes down to one lane there is a shallow but quite wide & long one right on the racing line... I mean on the white lines, more so in the right hand lane...

The only other one I'm gonna mention, you can navigate the rest of the holes your self, is as you turn in by the Firestation to get into the High street there are a couple of dinner plate sized ones just where you want to turn in...Typically... you can steer between them or go deep & past them. I'd advise you slow it right down.

Now Plod...Have a habbit of plotting up, in a camera van on the overpasses on the duel carrigeway, down from the A2 to the rounderbout where you turn left. I've seen them twice in the past two months, once a weekday PM & on a Sat PM as well. Both times this was on the first overpass as you come from the A2 & normally they are on the righthand side as you approach. Of course its on a bend so you see it late... :roll:

1/ As you pass the Jet petrol stations the first roundabout, there is a juncton to the left with a farm gate entrance just inside the junction, again you wont see it until your right ontop of the roundabout or even going across it. Also worth a note here is that due to the bit of land on the left being a biulding site now there is shite loads of mud on this roundabout.

2/ Just after the bridge over the rail line they like to sit in the laybys as you come down off the bridge. Another site for nicely positioned pot holes BTW the bridge is constantly getting repairs to it..

3/ After you follow the road left outside the port about 1/4 mile down there is a layby on the left another often seen plotting up point.

4/ In the co-op buying donuts. ( This is 100% true, well not the donut bit, there is a permanant armed plod presence at the LNG site up the road I often see them in the co-op buying foodstuffs, all Glocked up! Several times I've kindly pointed out where the donuts are sited, several times they haven't laughed... :lol: )

20 sleeps to go folks !
Hi Mac, thanks for the heads up sent to everyone regarding the potholes. I once asked the American cops where the donut shop is on RAF Lakenheath, I thought I was going to get kicked off the base!!
Anyhew, thanks for the pothole report, very comprehensive. I’m not sure how I’m going to remember all of that info as I’ve only been down that way w few times before, all many years ago.
Just out of interest, question to the masses, what’s the drill if it’s persisting it down?
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:Due to the lervvvvly wether we have had this year, unsuprisingly the potholes abound around here. I can't possibly alert you to all of them but...

20 sleeps to go folks !
Hi Mac, thanks for the heads up sent to everyone regarding the potholes. I once asked the American cops where the donut shop is on RAF Lakenheath, I thought I was going to get kicked off the base!!
Anyhew, thanks for the pothole report, very comprehensive. I’m not sure how I’m going to remember all of that info as I’ve only been down that way w few times before, all many years ago.
Just out of interest, question to the masses, what’s the drill if it’s persisting it down?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Wear wellies.

The drill is I'll be here anyway & if no one turns up due to being too cissy to ride in the rain I'll have loads of bacon to eat... :lol:

No it's entirely up to you weather you come or not. However if your not gonna come due to the rain let anyone who your suposed to be meeting that you wont be there...Bad sportsmanship if you let someone stand around waiting when you havent even left your pit due to a bit of drizzel.

Anyway I prefer a large hammer to a drill...
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Thanks Mac, I intend to come along mate, and I’m sure the closer we get to Grain the sunnier life in general becomes... don’t worry, I won’t be letting anyone stand around especially in high heels.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Kev L wrote:I still have my old centre caps which came off clean. Remind me closer to the day and I’ll bring them along for you.
Hi Kev, is it still okay to have that centre cap off of you? Happy to give you something for it mate or add an extra donation into the air ambulance pot on your behalf.
I don’t suppose anyone can give me a quick run down of the tools I will need for the CCT change can they? Understandably Mac wants us to bring our own kit and I am trying to streamline as I don’t have a tank bag. I can see the obvious tools needed and I have already removed and refitted the generator centre cap (with damage to the cap hence the request to Kev) but not sure of the tools I may need that aren’t obvious. I have the manual CCTS from Bazza. ImageImage
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Two 13mm ring spanners 12 point is best.
One 10mm spanner, open ended. Ring other end if poss
A set of metric Allen keys.
A small electrical screwdriver.
One cross head screwdriver, Phillips if you must
One fixed (non ratchet) socket bar
One 17 mm socket
One 10mm socket
That should do it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

tony.mon wrote:Two 13mm ring spanners 12 point is best.
One 10mm spanner, open ended. Ring other end if poss
A set of metric Allen keys.
A small electrical screwdriver.
One cross head screwdriver, Phillips if you must
One fixed (non ratchet) socket bar
One 17 mm socket
One 10mm socket
That should do it.
Fantastic-thank you very much Tony, just what I was after.
ImageImage
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Solarboy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:15 pm
Kev L wrote:I still have my old centre caps which came off clean. Remind me closer to the day and I’ll bring them along for you.
Hi Kev, is it still okay to have that centre cap off of you? Happy to give you something for it mate or add an extra donation into the air ambulance pot on your behalf.
I don’t suppose anyone can give me a quick run down of the tools I will need for the CCT change can they? Understandably Mac wants us to bring our own kit and I am trying to streamline as I don’t have a tank bag. I can see the obvious tools needed and I have already removed and refitted the generator centre cap (with damage to the cap hence the request to Kev) but not sure of the tools I may need that aren’t obvious. I have the manual CCTS from Bazza. ImageImage
Yes mate. My circumstances have changed somewhat and I may not make this so I’ll post them to Mac for you.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF