Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Solarboy

Re: Run to GrainStorm V

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:
Solarboy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 am
MacV2 wrote:Dark side ?

Well thats you barred from the bacon then.

Or...

Well looks like your the one getting the special sauce on the bacon buttie this year...*

Well, that can’t be good! Did I mention I’m a vegetarian? Image

Tsk ! I'm sure I can rustle up a salad sarnie for you then with extra 'Relish' on it...

Either that or we will hold you down & rub raw bacon on your face whilst screaming MEAT MEAT MEAT at you...

Or bring your own tofu burger or whatever crap it is you eat... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like fun Mac, especially the raw bacon bit..

Oh, I eat red storms!!
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Only kidding, just no ‘special sauce’
tilt390

Post by tilt390 »

Solarboy wrote:So here we go for a plan of travel from Harwich to the dark side (Grain)
Will be leaving Harwich from the Morrison’s garage at 06:40 on the A120/Parkeston bypass roundabout. (meeting point for those from Harwich who are heading down) heading south down the A120 joining the A12 at Colchester. We can pick up Wicky at the garage on the north bound side of the A12 opposite the Colchester football stadium at 07:00. Nice flyover on this junction making joining from either direction easy. Still heading south after this down the A12 to the A130 junction at Chelmsford. Heading down the A130 southbound we can pick up Tilt390 at the lay-by just before the Wickford turn off at 07:25 (See post before). After this we will be going A13-M25 across the QE2 bridge-A2-A289-A288-B2001 and then use the force to Mr Mac’s cave.
This is a plan of attack and I can add other stops in if needed. Looking forward to putting some faces to the names. Image
Brill sounds a plan. The layby for me is just after Wickford turn off. Sorry to split hairs but I don't want to get done for Kerb crawling ( again) ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

"New Knee's anyone ? "
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

No worries mate, glad you mentioned it, could have been a long wait...
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

We’ll meet you bottom of Ramsey Hill- say 0700?
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
Southwind531

Post by Southwind531 »

Hi all.

I'll be up for meeting en route if there's room for a small one? - I'll be coming from Southend - A127, onto A130.
Tilt390. I Could meet you at the lay-by near Wickford turn? You're less likely to be done for kerb crawling if there's two of us & I definitely don't look like a brass!

S
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Jonesey wrote:We’ll meet you bottom of Ramsey Hill- say 0700?
Hi mate, unfortunately I have already set meeting point with Wicky at Col U service station at 7am. Can you make 06:40 at the bottom of Ramsey Hill?
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Southwind531 wrote:Hi all.

I'll be up for meeting en route if there's room for a small one? - I'll be coming from Southend - A127, onto A130.
Tilt390. I Could meet you at the lay-by near Wickford turn? You're less likely to be done for kerb crawling if there's two of us & I definitely don't look like a brass!

S
Sounds good S/W. The more the merrier. Don’t fancy the cost of all that bacon for Mac though....
tilt390

Post by tilt390 »

S
Watcha. Fine with me matey. I'll be in the layby after Wickford turn off going towards A127 at 07.15 ish. I'll be the one in high heels ImageImageImage

"New Knee's anyone ? "
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

tilt390 wrote:

S
Watcha. Fine with me matey. I'll be in the layby after Wickford turn off going towards A127 at 07.15 ish. I'll be the one in high heels ImageImageImage

Hi all, only one week to go until the Grain Storm extravaganza so here we go with the details for the meet ups from Harwich.
06:40 Bottom if Ramsey Hill, Ramsey. Joneses.
07:00 garage on northbound side of A12 Col U junction, Wickey
07:20ish lay-by after the Wickford turn off, south bound on the A130, tilt and southwind. (In heels)
Now as Grain is about 95 miles from me and the Jet petrol station on the A228 is about 87 miles there is a good chance I won’t make it without having to stop before hand. So I was thinking of topping of the tank when Jonesey and I meet Wicky. This way we should all be able to go to the Jet from there.
These are the meeting points so far Gents so if anyone else would like to jump in please do.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I bocotted the Jet service staions some years ago due to the ''Take your helmet off rule they applied...'' It's up to you tho...

I will add as your doing your CCt's the tank will have to come off. You dont really want to have it full of fule when you get here emptier is lighter after all.

Fill up at the services on the A12/A130 ? then fill up for the jurney home at the Gulf station on the grain road or the the jet or the esso on the A2...

95miles should be doable on a tank full... My commute to work is 36 miles I fill up evry 3rd trip wich is 108 miles...RLOD only comes on now & then on the 3rd run depending on how mad I have been with the right hand.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:I bocotted the Jet service staions some years ago due to the ''Take your helmet off rule they applied...'' It's up to you tho...

I will add as your doing your CCt's the tank will have to come off. You dont really want to have it full of fule when you get here emptier is lighter after all.

Fill up at the services on the A12/A130 ? then fill up for the jurney home at the Gulf station on the grain road or the the jet or the esso on the A2...

95miles should be doable on a tank full... My commute to work is 36 miles I fill up evry 3rd trip wich is 108 miles...RLOD only comes on now & then on the 3rd run depending on how mad I have been with the right hand.
I did conciser the weight of the tank full of fuel but I thought at least one other person may not be passed out with meat sweats to help me off with it. I had a good look on google maps and there aren’t that meany station en rout to you. I’ll go for the one near Col U stadium when we meet Wicky and see how we go. Image
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Solarboy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 am
MacV2 wrote:I bocotted the Jet service staions some years ago due to the ''Take your helmet off rule they applied...'' It's up to you tho...

I did conciser the weight of the tank full of fuel but I thought at least one other person may not be passed out with meat sweats to help me off with it. I had a good look on google maps and there aren’t that meany station en rout to you. I’ll go for the one near Col U stadium when we meet Wicky and see how we go. Image
There are plenty on the A12 & A13...one at thorock as well...IMOH at 96 miles you'll have enough to get here & then back to fill up on the way back...

If your really worried about it. Stop at the jet but only put a couple of ltrs in...Fill it right up on the way back.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:
Solarboy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 am

There are plenty on the A12 & A13...one at thorock as well...IMOH at 96 miles you'll have enough to get here & then back to fill up on the way back...

If your really worried about it. Stop at the jet but only put a couple of ltrs in...Fill it right up on the way back.
Thanks Mac, as mentioned I’ll top off the tank at Colchester and that way I’ll have enough to get back to the Jet afterwards. I think Jonesey is fine now as he can do about 600 miles on his new bike.......
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Bring a length of hose for impromptu refuelling just in case...

Don't forget 8mm socket (front tank bolts) and JIS screwdriver/s and hit-temp silicone for cam cover gasket.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts