Op Storm Wales Sep 13th to 15th 2019

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Shauned71

Re: Op Storm Wales Sep 13th to 15th 2019

Post by Shauned71 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:23 pm be a shame not to see you Shaun ... are we going close to your house on the ride ... we could force you to make us a cup of tea
Ordinarily I would say you'd all be more than welcome but currently i'm kinda inbetween homes at the mo... it's complicated.. it's good, but complicated. It will make for a bit of a fun story another day. Gutted though.. everything I have done for a couple months now has all been bike related whether fix, break, sell a part, buy a bike.. sorting sheds out for more room to hoard... only thing I haven't had time for is riding so was looking forward to having a good run this weekend. I really should of just finished my black bike off... it just needs the mcct's setting up properly cause im pretty sure that the chains are tight but seeing as I did something wrong last time and it's not a job im fussed on doing I keep putting it off. But hey ho.. it is what it is... although busy i'm happier than i have been in a long time and that's the most important thing for me right now. Will certainly be in a very different place come next year so look out bike.. you got some serious work ahead :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Have an enjoyable and safe time guy's.

May the sun shine for you all,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Have a great weekend and stay safe everyone.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Guys have an excellent time. Sounds so much better than a weekend in work and looks like you're getting the weather for it. Enjoy!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

its going to be a sunny weekend in Wales ........ this could be a first.

will be setting off from near Worcester area at 3, should be there by 5
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

What a weekend for it. Storming Wales has never looked so sunny
Have a great one Guys. Don’t forget to regale us with your tales when yer done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Wall to wall sunshine Pete. Unheard of for an op storm. In fact so good that Bazza actually came out in the Saturday rideImage

Kev sue and mark did us proud with the bbq and beer provisions. ... ImageImage

Grumpy did the bbq and sue has sorted out all the side dishes (those potatoes were perfect)Image

Because Norman had already paid his £40 to stay, Kev used that to get a nice bottle of whiskey for us to drink in his memory.... that was a nice touch and I am sure he was looking down and approving. I also pulled a few wheelies in his memoryImage

Budd’s bike played up, so no change there then, but Bazza had mini jump leads and that got the recalcitrant ape (the bike, not budd) going.
No other mishaps but markvtr2000 had brought his storm rather than the big triumph, and it had carb trouble so he retired early.
Tony has no mechanical problems, so that is as unusual as sun in Wales.

Phots of the trip to Benny’s bench

Sunday was overcast and threatens rain, but I was ok going east. I think the ones going north might have been in trouble

Hope Mick was ok riding 2 up with with almost all the front brake lever missing.
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

And a couple of ride photos.

AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not quite without a failure...
The dip beam lamp blew as we were about to leave.
Swapped the two lamps over, so no problems.
Cheers, all a perfect weekend!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Looks like you all had a great time. Nice that Norman & Benny were celebrated too, nice touch.

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Looks fantastic Guys. :D
I had to make do with a weekend blast around Somerset and then a leisurely game of golf at Tracey park in Bath.
No where near as exciting I'll bet. Just had a call from me Julie and she's still stuck in traffic trying to get home :lol:
That'll learn her for not getting on the back of the bike this morning :angel:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Had another fantastic weekend away with a bunch of nutters...

The weather was fantastic, the company was excelent, the food was also excelent, the roads were mostly brilliant with just the odd bit of shite tarmac, the scenery was stunning albeit past normaly before you could blink, the traffic during the ride was mainly OK.

The beds were appalingly bad, mine I might as well been sleeping on just the springs, which might explain why I got the most complaints about my snoring... :lol: :lol: Zzzzz ROAR! Still look on the bright side it didn't wake me up... :twisted:

Alistair forgot to mention the it was Nue Red that came to the rescue of Budd, Bazza had the mini jump leads, I had the screwdriver & the runnig bike to get it started...Of course in true Stormer style Bazza left the fact he had jump leads untill after much pushing, sweating & failed bump starts... :lol: :lol:

I managed to leave my phone at the digs on Saturday so no pics of the ride out but did get a few Sat eve & at various Filling station on the way there & the way back...As you do...It wouldnt be a Storm meet with out a filling station now & then would it... :lol:

Not quite the first to arrive, me Bazza & Tony were beaten by a camper van ! IIRC we got there about 15.00 hrs...

Soon filled up tho...

This must of been Fri eve as Grumpy Chef was at the barbie at this point 2 or 3 cans in... I may have already been a bit tippsy or more likley laughing at Gabbi & his girly cider...hence the blury pic...

Sat afternoon post run...

It's been a hard days Pun for Mr Mons...Trouble was after this little nap he came back extra Puntastic...

Big thank you to Sue & the Girls for the brilliant job with the extras at the Friday barbie & most of the work on the Sat barbie as Chef of the day Mark(?) Generaly had a nightmare with the barbie coals not lighting...He claimed they were damp but he had all day to get it going so a poor excuse... :lol: Not forgeting Sun morn breakie as well...

Had a fine ride home with Andy KTM leading the way back to the M4, traffic not to bad on the M-ways, roadworks on the M4...but the weather was perfect all the way home...

I got in about 15.00 & this was the cloudiest it was all day... :cool2

I understand some heading North may have got a bit damp...

Brilliant weekend roll on 2020
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It sounds like you all had a brilliant time 8)
The weather being excellent helped hugely I'm sure.

Thanks for posting the photo's and the added info :thumbup:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Pics look great

Nice the weather stayed good! I'd imagine you all had a fantastic time. Good stuff.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Looks a cracking weekend. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF