OP Storm Wales 2021 10th 11th 12th September

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: OP Storm Wales 2021 10th 11th 12th September

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jamoi wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:31 am
tony.mon wrote:Mac and I are leaving Clackets Lane at 9 on the Friday morning. Have the Essex contingent planned where to hook up yet?
I'll see you guys at Clackets Image

Can't wait.
On the storm Jamie, no excuses
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Jamoi wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:31 am
tony.mon wrote:Mac and I are leaving Clackets Lane at 9 on the Friday morning. Have the Essex contingent planned where to hook up yet?
I'll see you guys at Clackets Image

Can't wait.
On the storm Jamie, no excuses
I'm trying mate! I really am!

Jamie :wave:
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Another meet I’m missing these are usually the things I look forward to the most during the year always a good laugh and great rides. On the plus side I’m currently on my way to Southampton with the bike in a trailer to stay the night and then tomorrow night sailing from Portsmouth to Santander have a good weekend lads and of course the ladies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Enjoy the trip Lee, hopefully we will catch up with you next year.

AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

uk13iker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:48 pm Another meet I’m missing these are usually the things I look forward to the most during the year always a good laugh and great rides. On the plus side I’m currently on my way to Southampton with the bike in a trailer to stay the night and then tomorrow night sailing from Portsmouth to Santander have a good weekend lads and of course the ladies.

Have a good trip Lee, don't forget to let me know when you're going back in October.
As we discussed the other week, I've saved some holidays so I can come with you :D :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Only a few more sleeps now. Looking forwards to this one

AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:44 pm Only a few more sleeps now. Looking forwards to this oneImageImageImageImage

We're all looking forward to it. You have to, as it's currently in the future*

*correct at the time of writing- (why be pedantic when you can split hairs?)

If we have to have some rain ( it is Wales, after all) I hope it's not as biblical as Scotland... My boots still haven't dried out from that one!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Hope you all have fun, enjoy your weekend

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I also hope you all have a great time :thumbup:

Chris.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

cheekykev wrote:
uk13iker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:48 pm Another meet I’m missing these are usually the things I look forward to the most during the year always a good laugh and great rides. On the plus side I’m currently on my way to Southampton with the bike in a trailer to stay the night and then tomorrow night sailing from Portsmouth to Santander have a good weekend lads and of course the ladies.

Have a good trip Lee, don't forget to let me know when you're going back in October.
As we discussed the other week, I've saved some holidays so I can come with you :D :thumbup:
Ok mate not sure on a date but will let you know as soon as I know 100%, first day out today on the bikes roads are so good and scenery is amazing. Image

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Forgive me, for I have sinned...

Looks like I'll be on the KTM this weekend.

I took the day off yesterday to work on the Storm with a view to getting it MOT'd at the end of the day. But, as with most well laid plans - everything I touched went wrong

I rebuilt the forks last week and got them bolted back into the bike, but then noticed a nice shiny copper washer in a bag on the work bench. Damn, I must have missed one on the fork lowers. Can't see the washers when installed, so picked a fork leg at random and pulled it apart... despite enlisting the help of my significant other, the loctite on the hex bolt in the fork lower was doing a great job of stopping the damn bolt undoing! So, drilled it out. OH LOOK A COPPER WASHER

Off to the bolt shop for a new bolt. Then thoroughly clean and rebuild the fork leg.

On to the next fork leg, this must be the one with the missing washer, drain the oil. Lovely, the bolt came out with a bit of a tug on the fork lower. OH LOOK A SECOND COPPER WASHER

So there must have been 3 copper washers in the bag in the fork rebuild kit - which led me to believe I must have missed one, as I had one left over.

Oh well, re fitted the bolt and washer. Then topped up the fork oil and just as I was setting the air gap, my fork stand collapsed! Ejecting fresh 5w all over the garage floor AND my Rc8 including the tyres...

After a mass clean up operation and heading out to buy more fork oil, I had about 1 hour left before the booked MOT slot.

In summary, the Storm is in exactly the same state of readiness as it was before I took the day off to get it ready...

I still need to change the chain and sprockets, re fit the forks, change front wheel bearings, oil and filter, change front brake reservoir and flush fluids then brake pads... then get the fairings on, set the suspension up yadda yadda yadda.

So close, yet so far

Look out for a bright orange KTM on Fri

Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:35 am Forgive me, for I have sinned...

I took the day off yesterday to work on the Storm with a view to getting it MOT'd at the end of the day. But, as with most well laid plans - everything I touched went wrong Image

I rebuilt the forks last week and got them bolted back into the bike, but then noticed a nice shiny copper washer in a bag on the work bench. Damn, I must have missed one on the fork lowers. Can't see the washers when installed, so picked a fork leg at random and pulled it apart... despite enlisting the help of my significant other, the loctite on the hex bolt in the fork lower was doing a great job of stopping the damn bolt undoing! So, drilled it out. OH LOOK A COPPER WASHER Image

Off to the bolt shop for a new bolt. Then thoroughly clean and rebuild the fork leg.

On to the next fork leg, this must be the one with the missing washer, drain the oil. Lovely, the bolt came out with a bit of a tug on the fork lower. OH LOOK A SECOND COPPER WASHER ImageImage

So there must have been 3 copper washers in the bag in the fork rebuild kit - which led me to believe I must have missed one, as I had one left over.

Oh well, re fitted the bolt and washer. Then topped up the fork oil and just as I was setting the air gap, my fork stand collapsed! Ejecting fresh 5w all over the garage floor AND my Rc8 including the tyres...

After a mass clean up operation and heading out to buy more fork oil, I had about 1 hour left before the booked MOT slot.

In summary, the Storm is in exactly the same state of readiness as it was before I took the day off to get it ready...

I still need to change the chain and sprockets, re fit the forks, change front wheel bearings, oil and filter, change front brake reservoir and flush fluids then brake pads... then get the fairings on, set the suspension up yadda yadda yadda.

So close, yet so far Image

Shouldn't laugh... but :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel your pain Jamie.

Been feking around swapping wheels over this eve as the tyre that was ''fixed'' last Sat was as flat as a flat thing on Sunday morn. So spent Sunday morning swapping wheels about & getting a decent rim... The dodgy tyre is back on Hamburg now with a cleaned up rim strapped to the back, ready to go back to the tyre place tomorrow morning. The day off I had booked to spend chilling & getting packed for Friday.

Did I say I shouldn't laugh..?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:35 am Forgive me, for I have sinned...

I took the day off yesterday to work on the Storm with a view to getting it MOT'd at the end of the day. But, as with most well laid plans - everything I touched went wrong Image

I rebuilt the forks last week and got them bolted back into the bike, but then noticed a nice shiny copper washer in a bag on the work bench. Damn, I must have missed one on the fork lowers. Can't see the washers when installed, so picked a fork leg at random and pulled it apart... despite enlisting the help of my significant other, the loctite on the hex bolt in the fork lower was doing a great job of stopping the damn bolt undoing! So, drilled it out. OH LOOK A COPPER WASHER Image

On to the next fork leg, this must be the one with the missing washer, drain the oil. Lovely, the bolt came out with a bit of a tug on the fork lower. OH LOOK A SECOND COPPER WASHER ImageImage

So close, yet so far Image

Why oh why do things like that happen sometimes, when it could have been a straightforward move on to the next job, all for there being a spare copper washer 8O

I would have had to have done exactly the same as you Jamie, if that makes you feel any better.

Never mind, at least you have the RC8 to ride instead,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

uk13iker wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 pm
cheekykev wrote:

Ok mate not sure on a date but will let you know as soon as I know 100%, first day out today on the bikes roads are so good and scenery is amazing. Image

Wow that looks great 8)

Chris.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Wow that looks great 8)

Chris.[/quote]

Yes when I sold both my bikes I come here a few months later and it made me buy my TL as soon as I got back home roads are amazing mile after mile of twisty mountain roads.