anybody from here doing a euro trip in the summer?

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Hanuman

anybody from here doing a euro trip in the summer?

Post by Hanuman »

I am :D and I'm looking for company part or all way... perhaps :D

Tried to oraganise this with the GT4 owners club & L200 owners club but too many have dropped out/not enough interested and I want to go on the bike now instead it seems...

camping etc.

planning on a trip that takes in (stay over at my inlaws night before early ferry if needed) Dover - Calais - La rochelle (stay at my folks for first night and have a big party and BBQ) - Biarritz - Barcelona via andora mountain range - Marseille - Bern via alps - Bonn with a day at Nurburgring.

10 days. 2 night stay everywhere except first night.

£5-600 tops all in.

Michelin route map suggests longest legs are - calais to la rochelle - approx 6-7 hours ride - biarritz to barcelona, approx 6 hour ride. All other legs of journey take 4-5 hours tops (not including stops for food, piccies and tank fills)

could use cheap overnight ferry from southamptom instead? but in laws live on acres and acres outside of dover for a camping stay over night before ferry.

any shakers?
The Official Border Hooner.

2001 Storm.
2006 Hayabusa.
orangestorm

Post by orangestorm »

Hi mate I'm off to Le Mans tommorow nite via Rouen n commin back via La Rochelle.. the cheapest way is on the Seacat with Speedferries for £38 return 50 min crossing to Bologne. Good luck with your trip.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skatrekker

Post by Skatrekker »

I'm off to the Bol D'Or in September, £36 return Dover - Dunkerque on Norfolkline (Bike + rider + pillion). 2 days for the Race, 2 days rushing around the Ardeche/Massif central. It just has to be done!!! If you've never been to a 24hr Bike race you are missing out. Tickets cost about 50-60 euros, you can camp onsite from the thursday until sunday included. There are beer and food stalls, clothing stalls + a rock stage with a free concert (80's style rock usually), impromptu stunt shows and lots of silliness. 24hr racing means 200mph bikes racing through the night, crashed bikes being pushed to the pits by the rider who crashed it followed by frantic activity by the mechanics.It's at Magny-Cours now having moved from Paul Ricard.