Manual Gear-change indicator

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
lloydie

Re: Manual Gear-change indicator

Post by lloydie »

I have a data tool one on mine and it only took an hour to wire it in to the clocks and program it at £50 not the cheapest but I like it Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

simo wrote:
sirch345 wrote:I have an Acumen fitted, it's like Tony's but without the volt meter incorporated in it. Easier to fit than yours Simo, but costs a lot more. You can't complain about the price of yours Simo :thumbup: and ideal for anyone who is a bit handy when it comes to the bike,

Chris.
Aye well I would have liked one of those but as I understood it I would have had to splice into the ECU harness,a newer bike you buy a harness so it just plug in??? Don't know if the last of the Firestorms would qualify. ?
I know Lloydie has the Datatool version, but I did the same with my Acumen. Unbolted the clocks, turned them over, then all the connections I soldered to the wire terminals on the back of the clocks. Refit clocks then program the Acumen. I know some say they think they don't need one, I wouldn't be without mine.

I've not heard that before about having to splice them into the ECU wiring.

Chris.
simo

Post by simo »

Yes Chris, I also think once you've tasted it. ...could well go down your route if this cheap version doesn't last. I'll ask your advise then.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Simo, hopefully yours will last for ages, but if you find at some point you need any advise on a more expensive one, you only have to ask :thumbup:

Chris.