Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
NoleJoel

Post by NoleJoel »

Hi all, just stopping in and checking the site out, I just bought the U.S.A version of the Firestorm, the SuperHawk here.

I like the format that you have and the site seems to be fairly new.

I am normally over on http://www.Sportbikes.ws ( stop in and check us out) but I am looking for every bit of info I can get on the VTR1000f. this is my 3rd bike and can see I will never get rid of it.

Only problem so far is that I burnt a rectifier by having a loose neg cable on the battery. waiting on the part so i can get going again.

I have done the shock mod for lifting the rear of the bike but haven't rode it yet to see the diff it will make. sitting still it makes the bike more comfortable to me.

going to attempt the baffle-ectomy soon, will work until I can get a set of high cans---- any suggestions???? tops of the list is the jardine pipes, then the leo's as well as devils but open to ideas. will take so time to buy them.

again like the site and plan on being back......NoleJoel
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Hi there

Glad you like the site, and are enjoying your Hawk. :wink2

I did the baffle-ectomy a couple of years ago. The hardest bit is when you've removed all the metal surrounding the inner baffle and you need to dis-lodge the baffle itself. Don't pussyfoot around, give it some serious hammering otherwise you'll be there all week. Once you've done the baffle-ectomy you'll know why the stock can weighs so much. :cool2

I'm not sure what pipes are available in the states. TBR/Erion always got good words, Devil are reputed to be overpriced though from what I heard. If you can get hold of Remus, Moriwaki, Scorpion, Akrapovic or Micron you won't be dissappointed though.

Hope you get the reg/rec sorted soon m8.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Hi there,

I also replaced my rectifier this year. Problem is that it took out my starter motor, battery and a few bulbs at the same time!!

I had a 5mm spacer on top of the rear shock untill about a month ago. Now that my suspension is sorted I prefer it without it. I have raised my forks 5mm through the yokes though.

Al.
WayneM

!

Post by WayneM »

Get Devils - they is the bollox!!! Yeah, they are a bit expensive but at least it means you'll get a bit of exclusivity with them. :wink:
NoleJoel

devil pipes

Post by NoleJoel »

I would love to hear those pipes but the one website I found them on they don't have a sound bite for them. Also want them in high mount form, have seen pics of them on the superhawk but again none were avail on the devil exhaust website.

any help in getting either one of these would be appreciated.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hello fella,

I'll do a sound bite (wav) tomorrow for you. I think they sound fan-bloody-tastic. Heres a picture of them fitted.

Cheers
Wayne
The VTRerrorist

Well, get Laser's

Post by The VTRerrorist »

:twisted:

I've got medium high level, oval carbon racing pipes from Laser.
They do the work, got 2 HP more, but the sound level goes up to 156dB at 6.500rpm :twisted: