My Hermes don't use them

Best deals in town
bigtwinthing

Re: My Hermes don't use them

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:Mac3 is faster than Mach 2 :lol:

Paul, glad you've got things sorted, I think your wife deserves a treat :thumbup:
At least Marty can breath a sigh of relief :)

Chris.

my wife has a permanent treat "Me" the lucky girl. But probably off to fat Face tomorrow!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Mac3 is faster than Mach 2 :lol:

Paul, glad you've got things sorted, I think your wife deserves a treat :thumbup:
At least Marty can breath a sigh of relief :)

Chris.

my wife has a permanent treat "Me" the lucky girl. But probably off to fat Face tomorrow!!!
:lol: Mothers Day tomorrow too :thumbup:

Chris.
darkember

Post by darkember »

Problem with a lot of these cheaper outfits are the drivers are paid on the number of drops so if they don't drop then no payment.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The best I ever had was the mob that later became Yodel, were they called Parcel delivery service (PDS)?
I bought a USD front end from a guy in Lincs for my stepsons bike I was building. The guy was also selling other large lumps of the same bike, engine and rear swingarm and wheel. The company managed to deliver all three packages to the wrong addresses, my front end was in Southampton, the rear end was delivered to me and some poor unfortunate in Norfolk got an engine when he was expecting a rear end. Took two months to sort out the mess with the lying bastids making up all kinds of tales of who's fault it was and "yes sir, your package has been retrieved and is on way to you" stories. So Yodels off my list. :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Mac3 is faster than Mach 2 :lol:
:lol: :clap: :clap:

It's the luck of the draw with all these delivery companies and as has been said very dependant on the area. Maybe this how Royal mail mange to get away with charging higher prices. You get what you pay for. If only Royal mail could be a bit quicker.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

They are all pretty much iffy.. I sent an accordion orf up to Scotland , with
Parcel Force .. what a fiasco. ******. I avoid them totally ******* but I cannot see
any leader here :thumbdown: in the Uk from a bunch of them .. :wave:
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Parcel Farce, nuff said with those clowns. :roll:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

MyHermes have been alright for me, one parcel apparently was left on a doorstep and nicked, but I suspect the guy got it then claimed it had been stolen. Alastair sent my TRX seats back and they were left on my doorstep in full view of the road all day. My TRX shock came from Poland, tracking shows it got to the UK (Parcelforce), after which it disappeared so I'm out £150 at the moment and no-one is taking responsibility. Not the sellers fault so can't claim off him - bugger.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I have sent approx 60-70 parcels with them over the last 2 years. Every single one has been fine. No claims for loss and no damage.
They're cheap and reliable in my opinion.

I sent a couple of things with Parcel Force however, and both got damaged. One of them was a fairly large fancy (and expensive) computer case. The guy I sent it to sent me pictures, and it literally looked like someone had played football with it.
Roly

Post by Roly »

AWFULL!

Had stuff delivered 3 times by these muppets, each time its taken double the time quoted!

Infuriating! Watching the tracking is like watching paint dry, just passed piller to post.

Would never use or recommend them.
Mid cheshire

Too old really!
Big-g

Post by Big-g »

I used them quit often they got a cb125s frame from London for myself,
Took a few days but service was good.
Saying that anything I got them to deliver has been solid and would of been hard to Damage.
budd

Post by budd »

the problem here is cost, we all want the cheapest service, generally the Post office/Parcel Force are pretty good but they are inordinately expensive especially for small/med parcels. The relative cost of the PO force us to look at other cheaper options and of the popular 'other' carriers MyHermes / i parcel / collect + / Inpost etc, MyHermes offer by far the cheapest basic service,although once you add signature, text on delivery, insurance etc the cost of Myhermes is more in-line with other services. I tend to take a pragmatic view on this, basically you get what you pay for, if I'm sending something with a value of say £50 or more I'd use a premium service ie UPS if I'm sending something worth less than that I'd use the cheapest service available, usually MyHermes. So far I've had only one problem with Hermes, they left left a MR2 handbrake cable in a greenhouse , unfortunately the greenhouse in question was at the wrong address, they log it as delivered and then pretty much relinquish all responsibility, the computer says it's been delivered therefore it as sort of thing. Because it was a low value item I refunded the buyer and took the loss, so why do I still use them? it's because out of 100s of parcels I've sent all bar 1 have been delivered with no issues which I think is acceptable given the cost of the service.
I agree that using MyHermes can be a bit of a risk due to their business model of using local sub contracted delivery drivers, the very nature of this means the service is likely to be inconsistent but given the savings possible I think it's worth the risk.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i don't, there twats can i say that?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:i don't, there twats can i say that?
+1 :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

what a bunch of cocks. first time iv used them and its for a set of throw over panniers for this weekend and the Richard dont know were they are. cant give me a number for the depot here in N.I. they say its a closed warehouse. then say they dont have a depot here :redface . and it now looks like the paniers have either been lost or sent back over to the mainland, they think but they mite still turn up???? wtf.....

avoid for ever if thats how they run there shop ffs.

coonts :redface :redface :redface
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: