Boris Johnson

Got any jokes? Add your favourite ones here, for all to share :)
VTRsquid

Boris Johnson

Post by VTRsquid »

Couldnt find the "off topic" section so this seemed appropiate. Remember the time he rugby tackled a small child?
What do you lads think of him?
Wicky

Re: Boris Johnson

Post by Wicky »

His Classical education should stand him good stead - applying lessons learnt from the Minatour story and Pandora's Box to the challenges ahead.

Though he might change his mind as is his wont on the enormity of his responsibilities and wander off sooner rather than later like his predecessors the two worst PMs for a long time Cameron and May...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

OK so I don't like him.
However another thing I don't like in my life is uncertainty. I think it's been made clear by MPs they won't accept the deal that's been given. The EU has made it clear its the only deal.
How long does that go on? Another 3 years? More?
Whether you want to be in or out of the EU, chances are this is now done and maybe something else will be on the News everyday? I won't be hearing all about brexit everytime I turn the TV on.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

They keep on about a peoples vote but that has already been done.They say some people were not old enough to vote but they are now, even if there is another vote there will always be people that wasn't old enough to vote.So where will it all end.On that basis it will never be done and dusted.Myself i don't care one way or the other.We will still buy BMW's and Volvos. :wtf:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well we have always been a few years behind following the US so it's about time we had a PM that uses the same barber as Trump :lol:

The political system is screwed and no longer a democratic process that's if it ever was. Only about 0.25% of people voted. And who can blame folk for not voting as it seems a waste of time and if your vote wins the system can always be changed to benefit whoever benefits from going against the vote. I too am fed up with all the Brexit bollox but what really pisses me off is the amount of money that has been wasted on the whole process with dragging it all out. The media run this country not Parliament. They control exactly how and who we will vote for if we can be bothered to vote. The whole process is a joke.

Personally I think the country could be run better if we put a bunch of random secondary school children in charge or better still random Uni students from various Uni's across the country. Literally pick names out of a hat or do a lottery type selection. Hey don't constrain it to only uni's put everyone's name who's on a voting register into the hat. You can't get more democratic than that. Just pick random people like the way folk are picked out for jury service. Keep them in power for set amount of time and then give someone else a go and go through the process again and pick random names out of a hat.

Abandon the whole voting process and party promises etc altogether. Abandon political parties and have one group of elders who watch over and act as advisers to those who have been picked out of the hat. Too many old farts in parliament who only care about themselves and their own political agenda's and party. Not only that but they are mostly so out of touch from the reality for the majority in this country that anything they do wont benefit the majority and make peoples life's better. They work more like a company than a government and only care about profit and how to squeeze more money out of the people.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I was impressed by the black gloss paintwork on No.10 door

Why is the door at 10 Downing St so shiny?

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Why is the 0 on the number 10 wonkey ?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

As 10 Downing Street is a period building with many original features, the heavy high-security front door retains the Georgian panelled look of the wooden original. And the Downing Street website notes that the "0" in the number 10 is at an angle as a nod to the original, which had a badly-fixed zero.

VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Interesting story that on the #10 door. Always wondered about that.
As to BJ it just looks to my uneducated perspective like the world now has two trumps. Our own PM is a climate change denying, big coal and oil funding rich people rebating clown. Worrying times. Seems all you need for the top job these days is a rampant personality disorder.
But then you get people saying they are both geniuses as well. Although our latest temporary pm is pretty safe from being acused of one. He is a back stabbing bribe taking clown/snake though.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

It won't matter a jot in a few years either way. The environment is wombles and we're all going down with it. Personally though, I think he's a class A Richard.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Small minded people.Why ?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:01 am Small minded people.Why ?
Zika?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.