what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
seb421

Re: what have you done to your

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:
seb421 wrote:
lloydiecbr wrote:Them pilot jets won't fit as they are not for a cv carb :-) I think

to confirm just measured them against a pilot from a storm CV carb and its exact same measurements and holes are in same place also :biggrin
the ones i got were off a crf450 - same part number. i found the 50s worked best for me but had to tweak the mixture screw to get em spot on.
ive got the adjusting tool in the garage if u need to use it seb.
Thanks mate got one in post other day so will try that out if its sh1t i will come knocking :)
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Sweet I will get them to then :-)
Thanks seb
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i had a good day with the lads at brands, then after a ride home in the pouring rain, i thought it best to give the blue beast a wash and polish before putting her to bed...
heres a pic of my blue front subframe fitted to the bike :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Like the flip screen :thumbup: :cool2
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Wicky wrote:Like the flip screen :thumbup: :cool2
i bought it after seeing yours mate..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

spent this morning with carl the carb/carp...... :lol:
we had another tinker with my carbs, we kept the mains at 190's but moved the needle/clip thingy one notch, the result was a little weak to 4000rpm, then very strong to 7000rpm then piss poor to the redline, the bikes still ridable but she's still poorly :(
i'm going to order some 185's from dynojet me thinks.
i also fitted a slightly trimmed blade mudguard painted satin black, i've got to try and tidy up my carbon fibre one because its looking a little tatty.....
on our test ride of the bikes we came across so many police cars it was getting silly, it seemed like every time i wanted to open the throttle there was a copper :crazy:
luckily the only one that saw me doing silly speed was on the other side of a dual carriageway..... :D
i didn't see him because i was trying to pull out the choke at 7000rpm :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bsm have you done a compression test ?
with 190 mains it should pull good up top .
if you put in the dynojet base setting it should run better ,have you tried it ?,
of try 200mains
but i think something else is playing up with your bike
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:spent this morning with carl the carb/carp...... :lol:
we had another tinker with my carbs, we kept the mains at 190's but moved the needle/clip thingy one notch, the result was a little weak to 4000rpm, then very strong to 7000rpm then piss poor to the redline, the bikes still ridable but she's still poorly :(
i'm going to order some 185's from dynojet me thinks.
i also fitted a slightly trimmed blade mudguard painted satin black, i've got to try and tidy up my carbon fibre one because its looking a little tatty.....
on our test ride of the bikes we came across so many police cars it was getting silly, it seemed like every time i wanted to open the throttle there was a copper :crazy:
luckily the only one that saw me doing silly speed was on the other side of a dual carriageway..... :D
i didn't see him because i was trying to pull out the choke at 7000rpm :lol:
Dude what air filter have you got in to need a 190 dyno jet? That's a big old jet?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bsm has a big bore exhaust that aint helping either :roll:
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

lloydiecbr wrote:bsm has a big bore exhaust that aint helping either :roll:
Enough about him, what about the bike
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

lloydiecbr wrote:bsm has a big bore exhaust that aint helping either :roll:
I set the TPS today got it down to 496 from 863 and feels brilliant!

Iv got a K&N to put in and so Keihin main jets on order but seems a shame to spoil the smoothness I have now ha....
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

its hard to say lloydie.
heres the list of things that could have an effect on fuelling.
tall billet stacks
k&n filter
full big bore exhaust
cbr600 stick coils
lightened flywheel

i'm sure i'm forgetting something :think:
the tps is exactly 500 and we balanced the carbs again
i will be taking it to an expert in a few weeks time for a proper setup, i was hoping to get as close as possible to a good setup so it would be quicker and cheaper for the expert to do the final tinkering, compression seems fine, although we noticed today that the springs in the carbs might need replacing.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

bsm have you done a compression test
You could be onto something there, as his bike burns a stupid amount of oil. A lot more than it should.

When we first started on his carbs weeks back, we started with the dynojet recommended settings minus the extra lift hole and it ran like sh1t. Today I dropped 1 clip on the needles to lean things out and is now on the 3rd clip and the midrange seems good. I think the mains need dropping as it's still rich on top. Now when we had the mains at 180 in each carb IIRC it wasn't good, so I told him to order a 185 so that we can put a 180 in the front and 185 in the rear, then go from there. I'm not concerned about the bottom yet. Also I noticed martys slides do not close at the same speed. Both diaphragms are good, so it could be new springs time.

In my bike I have been running the 180 front 182 rear (Factory/Keihin) mains for a week or so and have been happy with it. So have now moved onto the needles. My needles where on the 4th clip and on a 3.5 to 4 though roll on to wot throttle it was a bit hesitant (rich) until hitting 5ish and the bike would shoot off with good power. It also smelt a tad rich, so I lowered my needles 1 clip and things seem to be more responsive and smooth.
I shall leave it like that and see how things go, but I'm feeling like I would like to add a shim to each needle so I am in between clip position and make comparisons. I'm such a tinkerer, can't leave things alone. :lol:

Then when I'm happy with the mains and needles I shall move onto the pilot circuit. Then a dyno run to see what it shows.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Bugger all, missed the delivery from the postman and he just wont leave stuff with my neighbours regardless of the polite note on the door as hes a wonker.

Also lost the HEL clutch line i bought a while ago when i replaced the clutch plates and springs, dam it!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

good plan carl start at the top and change one thing at a time :lol: wile :smoke1: and doing ya fish impression :Fish: