Is this the last of the year?

General Biker Banter
METALDAN

Is this the last of the year?

Post by METALDAN »

Well I think that was going to be the last ride out of the year, weather was gorgeous but cold roads were slippery as hell.

So it was back home for a major clean and polish, followed I think by bed for the winter.
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
Jbrebel

Re: Is this the last of the year?

Post by Jbrebel »

I went out for a blast today too :thumbup: and yes, it was very slippy this morning.

Dare say I'll be out and about on mine over the coming months-enjoyed it today all the same. It the road salt I hate...
SP1's rock!
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

I'll be out and about soon enough - today was lovely but been laid low with this winter vomiting cach.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

whats up with you ffs lol, lovely autumn weather....
was at oulton today, back again tuesday lol :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Road Runner

Post by Road Runner »

I did nearly 400 miles yesterday, it was great till it started raining about 10pm. Raindrops on a scratchy visor plus steamed up specs and oncoming xenon headlights on full beam is a bit of a challenge after a long day in the saddle.
Must get a pinlock and one of those wiper blade thingies. And charge up the batteries for the heated gloves.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

nice on metal - where was your lower fairing from?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

looks like a pyramid plastics belly that does... might have one up for grabs shortly with mounting kit
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Buckers

Post by Buckers »

OOh - could I have first ask on that benny (if it's black?). I need to protect the lass through winter.

I washed, polished, lubed, waxed and acf50'd her yesterday but a more protective belly pan would be the business!
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

Yep it's a pyramid, proper quality item :thumbup:
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

METALDAN wrote:
So it was back home for a major clean and polish, followed I think by bed for the winter.
Why?

Its a bike not a fkin hedgehog!

My bike doesnt hibernate, it does what it is designed to do. Carry its passenger around all year. :wink:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

yep same as above, just got back from a reet good sun aft blatout :twisted: anway it feckin rains as much in the summer as winter! plenty of good winter days riding to be had :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

I actually bought my Storm to destroy through the winter. Of course I won't let that happen, I'll still look after it.
The force is strong with this one!!!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere
Yamaha FJR1300
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

marravtr wrote:just got back from a reet good sun aft blatout :twisted:
i would've done the same but unfortunately i spent 7 1/2 hrs queueing up outside the echo arena as my daughter had entered herself in britains got no talent.
won't be doing that again i tell yer :oops: