Pete.L wrote:Now that could be funny :D
Maybe we should have a paddle race when we are down in Devon :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Mav617

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Mav617 »

Fitted new battery - she lives!!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Looking at those starters back a while in the thread i can confirm mine was exactly the same as whoever had it before had done no maintenance !!!!!!

Worse followed, after i dremeled what was left of the nut, as i ended up destroying the starter as it would not come out of the block!!!! There is a separate thread somewhere which I'm sure someone will post a link to, which describes my problems, with pictures.

To be honest if they are that bad i would just buy a second hand one off a blackbird or early blade as they are same but not subject to corrosion due to their position.

Brian
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

I have thought about getting stranded on the bike, should the rusty lump just break off and leave no cable to the starter.

But, I carry a tool kit, so could peel back the starter cable a bit, and then touch that to the starter to make contact.

I know - why have to do that in the pissing rain, in the dark if I travel somewhere and then it falls apart when I go to set off for home. "Just sort it man" is what my head keeps telling me.

But I suffer from C-BAS syndrome. (pronounced Sea Bass)

Meaning: Can't be Arsed.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

There is a separate thread somewhere which I'm sure someone will post a link to
Argh OK Brian I will search your posts for you. :lol:

Here you go mate. I will even make it a fancy link. :wink:
Disaster has struck. !!!!!!

For those interested. The advanced search (top right corner under the forum main search box) facility works well when you want to find a specific members post. I simply used Starter as the Keyword and BrianC as the Author and press search. Your then presented with a list of posts that match your search criteria. All you have to do now is find what your looking for. Tip for you: Do all this in new tabs within your browser as you may find yourself cross-referencing things and you dont want to loose the thread you originally intended on posting in. :wink: Simples when you know how. :thumbup:

Mmmm :think: :idea: Maybe it's time for me to add to the cyborg links. :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

I will even make it a fancy link.
Yes, and then tell us how you can take that link, and call it whatever you want. (in the pooter section please....quick as ye like. c'mon. get going....what are y waiting for?) :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Give me a break carl, im on holiday :wink:

Seriously, using the ipad and for cut paste etc its awful!!!!!

Thanks very much anyway, hope my ramblings about my problems help others.

Brian

Ps actually cant wait to get back so i can plan my trip to Edinburgh to pick up another storm with failed front cct - was cheap enough and i already have a couple of heads to work with . If engine is trashed i have my spare engine.

The guy im buying off had done brakes, new tyres, new chain and sprockets, new battery, etc and also bought manual cct s but not fitted them, now he just cant face the head job. Good luck for me.

I'll keep everyone posted as i intend to use a rear head for the front!!!!

Brian
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Give me a break carl, im on holiday :wink:
Sorry Brian didn't know you was on holiday, it was only meant in jest mate and a way to give folks (not just you) a quickie...ooh err :lol: Seriously though if it points something out to folks that don't know about the advanced search facility then it helps just as much as your thread I linked too :thumbup: so it's all good. Once again apologies Brian no offence meant mate. You do realise I am only another member and not a Moderator of this section don't you :| Have a good holiday, and your right about the starters. It's sometimes best to replace depending on the condition obviously.

:beer:
TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
I will even make it a fancy link.
Yes, and then tell us how you can take that link, and call it whatever you want. (in the pooter section please....quick as ye like. c'mon. get going....what are y waiting for?) :lol:
See the following thread:
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 10&t=37037

:thumbup:

BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Hia carl

Absolutely no offence taken mate - it was said in jest.

I love this forum and it has been a massive inspiration

Brian
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Finally got my exhausts sitting properly on the storm. (its only took about 6 months)
Had to revert back to standard can hangers though,
although I may soon need the pillion foot pegs anyway !!
:thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Went for a nice ride out to Essex with AP today. Helped a friend out with his ZX10 and then we raced back down to Essential rubber so the 10 could have it's MOT. Found out Essential rubber is closing down. See the following thread:
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 99#p387075

And have now rode home. London is a fooking gridlocked nightmare at the moment. Formula 4 electri racing or something going on over Batersea park. I can here the news chopper circling around now. It's Armed Forces Day so there are lots of little things going on. Then there is sdome kind of Gay pride thing happening around Parliament/Trafalgar Sq I think. Traffic is all diverted there off the embankment and there are lots of blokes ion dresses :lol: The Embankment is a nightmare in itself as the majority of that along Embankment, Temple and pretty much all along up to the highway is all got roadworks on. Narrowed down to one lane and cone'd up criss crossing onto the other side of the road at times. They are only putting in some kind of new road layout with one big fook off cycle lane. Jeez this is a major thoroughfare across London. Where do they think all the congested traffic that usually goes down there is going to go :twisted: this includes HGV's (lots of) buses, cars, vans, taxi's, motorcyclists, cylists, pedestrians, the lot. :Argue: It seems the cyclist come first as far as the goverment are concerned. Do they expect everyone else to abandon their vehicles and start cycling or something. I can't wait to see the day a cylist is pulling a great big Yelllow skip full of sh1t behind them. :lol: :lol:

Bit of a rant there but I am still in hyper mode from getting off the bike. I haven't come down yet.

This morning when I left I thought I would go south of the river as I knew about the roadworks along the embankment. Went past the Imperial War museum and go around the bend at the lights and WTF.....chocca...full of Buses. It looked like a bus station. Basically as go aroudf the bend heading towards Southwark direction they have taken the road down to one lane from 4 or is it 3 :think: anyhow more roadworks. Jeez I had a nightmare getting to AP's house this morning.

Well there you go folks. A day in a life of London traffic. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Tomorrow is carb day. I have a nice clean set to put on but I will need the jet kit out the carbs that are on the bike so stripdown time and rebuild. I shall give my BMC filter a clean and re-oil at the same time. I shall take some pics too, in particular the FP needles for Varastorm.

kev64

Post by kev64 »

Sounds like hell living down there carl
Im sooo lucky living next door to those beautiful and largely unpopulated
welsh roads (not to mention occasionally looking at the scenery)
:D
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Yup London was a hell hole a month ago when I picked up the new bike from Ealing and travelled across back to Essex. Traffic was so chocka it was hard even to get into 'despatch rider' mentality.

Today painted a few brackets, and fitted the refurbished front sub-frame to the VTR. Then went to work on the coast on the leccy push bike to the train station as expecting Londoners escaping to the seaside to bring their traffic jams with em... Now its summer will leave the motorcycle for work journeys only when its the overcast days :-)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts