what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice one Macster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lots of heavy duty sh1t that had me biting my nails that iv listed in the build thread :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Changed oil N fillter on Custurd...59k on the clocks... mainly schlepping up & down the feking A2... :x
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ordered some intake stacks for the Sp2 that I don't need, have no idea if they will make it better or worse and was reminded that I had promised that I wouldn't modify this one...

But there was a 10% off offer on eBay....what's a man supposed to do?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 pm Ordered some intake stacks for the Sp2 that I don't need, have no idea if they will make it better or worse and was reminded that I had promised that I wouldn't modify this one...

But there was a 10% off offer on eBay....what's a man supposed to do?
Your wife is probably surprised you've lasted this long with your promise :angel: I know I am :lol:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep.
Apart from the slipper clutch, radial brembo MC, radial clutch master, rearsets, clipons 2:1 Titanium Arrows
full system, pcv, quickshifter, gearing and healtech speed healer, gear indicator a shedload of titanium parts and a handful of carbon bits, it's entirely standard.....

I must be getting old.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed Custurd, kicked the tyres & lubed the chain...

Will be off out on it tomorrow up to Gt Baddow* for a spot of crimble dinner at a freinds house.

* Yes Gt Baddow the scene of the Ribs & Collar bone crunching back in 2016...wish me luck I have to pass the spot ! :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm Yep.
Apart from the slipper clutch, radial brembo MC, radial clutch master, rearsets, clipons 2:1 Titanium Arrows
full system, pcv, quickshifter, gearing and healtech speed healer, gear indicator a shedload of titanium parts and a handful of carbon bits, it's entirely standard.....

I must be getting old.
:lol: all those parts are just minor details :wink: 8)

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

In the summer I pulled the Cbr 600fy's leaky radiator & It's been hiding under a blanket part dismantled for 5 months as I play with the tracker effort.

So since today was so nice I decided to tackle the 8 seized exhaust studs with a propane torch & fitted a cheap Chinese £60 radiator.

It's a cracker, the inlet'n outlet point the correct way (always helps) nice finish & the solder looks tidy too :D

Once fitted, I connected the start'n charge & spun it for 5 minutes, no go so I put some fuel in the empty tank :roll: :lol: & it fired up but quickly emptied the petrol I'd just put in the tank all over the floor :roll:

Carbs off tomorrow but only if it's as nice as today :beer:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Well, today was even nicer weather, I pulled the carbs & what a mess, I dunno weather it's new petrol or just me but ffs it was horrendous. How it started yesterday amazes me.

Had to use fine wire wool to cut through the varnish scum in the fuel bowl, floats, main jet'n & emulsion tube.

I even had to ream the pilot with a 0.8mm bent tig filler rod with fine wire wool hooked on it :eek2

Panic set in when drizzle arrived about 2:30 but soon went. Fired up after 5 minutes of cranking in the dark :roll:

When warm, 800rpm idle :thumbup: no fuel or coolant leaks :thumbup: just the sticky brakes, throttle & change the track gearing (15/47) to a standard'ish (16/42')

Road tyres will sourced & fitted when it's all fixed up :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:13 am Well, today was even nicer weather, I pulled the carbs & what a mess, I dunno weather it's new petrol or just me but ffs it was horrendous. How it started yesterday amazes me.

Had to use fine wire wool to cut through the varnish scum in the fuel bowl, floats, main jet'n & emulsion tube.

I even had to ream the pilot with a 0.8mm bent tig filler rod with fine wire wool hooked on it :eek2

Panic set in when drizzle arrived about 2:30 but soon went. Fired up after 5 minutes of cranking in the dark :roll:

When warm, 800rpm idle :thumbup: no fuel or coolant leaks :thumbup: just the sticky brakes, throttle & change the track gearing (15/47) to a standard'ish (16/42')

Road tyres will sourced & fitted when it's all fixed up :thumbup:
You've done well there :clap:
What a lot of work for only 5mths lay-up, it doesn't say much about today's petrol :thumbdown:

Lucky with the weather :)

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 pm
What a lot of work for only 5mths lay-up, it doesn't say much about today's petrol :thumbdown:

Chris.
I've been working it out Chris, it was last taxed in March 2012 hence the vvanky petrol :oops: Where does the time go :roll:

Today was as good as it gets bike agenda wise. As planned I changed the rear sprocket from 47 to 42 & removed 5 links from the chain.

I transferred the battery from the Varadero back into the Cbr started it up & let it run on a 2000rpm idle with the fan kicking in'n out. No problems. I Changed the clocks over from a standard Kph to an eBay Mph jobbie.

Then last of all rebuilt the fairing.

It was a job that's been hanging over me since the summer & to finish it in three days embarrasses me no end.

Hopefully once recovered from tonight's celebrations it'll be all hands on deck for the dreaded battery box.

Happy New year everyone :beer: :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Happy New Year fella
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:17 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 pm

Chris.
I've been working it out Chris, it was last taxed in March 2012 hence the vvanky petrol :oops: Where does the time go :roll:
So it's more like 5yrs ago last March not 5mths :lol: I'm pleased to hear that actually, it means our petrol isn't that bad just yet.
Varastorm wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:17 pm Hopefully once recovered from tonight's celebrations it'll be all hands on deck for the dreaded battery box.

Happy New year everyone :beer: :thumbup:
Good to hear that battery box mentioned again :wink: :D
Once you make a start on it, it won't be as bad as you think :shh:

A Happy New year to you as well ta,

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm
Good to hear that battery box mentioned again :wink: :D
Once you make a start on it, it won't be as bad as you think :shh:

A Happy New year to you as well ta,

Chris.
Cheers Chris & thanks for all the encouragement over the last year :thumbup:

Today, well yesterday.. I've been faffing with air line fittings for the plasma cutter. Has anyone looked into it? Fekin Pandora's box if you aren't looking for standard pcl fittings.

Euro this'n US that bollox. I ordered a bag of 5 inline fittings 2 weeks ago from a Chinese seller £2.55..

They arrived a couple of days ago. No go, After the tip went in the shank was too tight :eek2

After placing my drill in the vice & clamping the fitting in it, I used a file to reduce the shank diameter from 11.7mm to 11.6'ish & used an inverted electric fingerfile belt to smooth things out.

I did it but a proper faf. :thumbup: