what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

Dug the SP2 out of the back of the garage- it's been nine months since I rode it back from Wales. Being a Honda it started first kiss of the button. Warmed it up to fan-on, let it cool down and put it away again.
The MOT ran out last week, I'll put a fresh one on when it's ready for selling.
Still waiting for Dream Machine to restart working so I can get it resprayed for sale. I might as well get them to do the wife's 125 while they're at it.

Cleaned the air filter on the Tuono. Put it all back together, hit start and pumped half a gallon onto the garage floor. Next time, I'll remember to reconnect the QD fuel line.
Still, cleaned the garage floor, another lockdown task ticked off.

By the way, it runs a single line with an 8mm QD connector, so that answers the concerns people have about fitting them to Storms.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Installed front and rear yellow HEL braided lines found on eBay for £30. Changed clutch fluid also.

Some owners should be ashamed of the way they treat bikes. Brake and clutch fluids were the colour of molasses and the rear brake reservoir had a seized screw. Polished swing arm will be my next project. I am a true introvert, but my bikes are extrovert!! 8)
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Rode it again!!!
Socially distanced with a pasty in Stratford so only a little jaunt this week
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pm Rode it again!!!
Socially distanced with a pasty in Stratford . . .
Stratford is totally wrecked with what council has done with the streets. :evil:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

nigelrb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:58 pm
Richard wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:53 pm Rode it again!!!
Socially distanced with a pasty in Stratford . . .
Stratford is totally wrecked with what council has done with the streets. :evil:
I tad congested, but more from the cones and barriers, not that many people or motors
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

put another few miles on it with the new rear wheel fitted. took it out and checked it afterwards just to make sure nothing was rubbing or working loose, im a bit paranoid after the dymag thing but all seems good. :lol: .

also near pulled the bars and fitted a straight bar conversion, yes yes i know i would have to die on my sword 8O but iv been finding it harder to do any miles on it without ending up a cripple but after mucho fiddling i think iv found a comfy spot now.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

iv been finding it harder to do any miles on it without ending up a cripple but after mucho fiddling i think iv found a comfy spot now.
[/quote]

Enjoy!!!! glad your comfy!!

I have straight bars on mine and it's so much more fun to ride now.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Eek. I dread the day I have to consider risers, comfort bars, etc etc. It's sort of like an admission of defeat with the next stage being membership of the local bowls club and Bingo halls. :(

Not poking the stick at any serious ailments. I always use the phrase that 'I'm a fairings and clip ons guy', but I sure as heck know the day will come when I have to abandon such ideals.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode Custurd to work & actually did a full day !!

First time since March 23rd... 8O

In rest of week, then mon & tues & then not back in till a week Wed's...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Changed the oil, spilt the oil, then cleaned the oil up. Phewww busy day. Need a lie down now 🤣🤣
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thought about the rear tyre on the two oh no.
Got a plug in the centre, been there a few months and I'd sort of ignored it until now, but with NI and Scotland coming up I thought I'd get a new one. The plug is starting to tear a bit on the surface, it's only a matter of time.
Pirelli super Corsa, fitted and balanced - £195 on a loose wheel.
I even supplied the 90 degree valve!

What have I let myself in for? They charge double for 200 width?

Anyway, fitted the wheel tonight and went out for a 17 mile spin. Got drenched! The heavens opened, cars on the motorway ( I bailed on my route and took the quick way home) were down to 50, following each other with their fog lights on.
Me with a slippery new tyre, trying to scrub it in by weaving in my lane at 80, getting dirty looks.

Home for a shower, dry clothes and a beer.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 pm Thought about the rear tyre on the two oh no.
Got a plug in the centre, been there a few months and I'd sort of ignored it until now, but with NI and Scotland coming up I thought I'd get a new one. The plug is starting to tear a bit on the surface, it's only a matter of time.

Anyway, fitted the wheel tonight and went out for a 17 mile spin. Got drenched! The heavens opened, cars on the motorway ( I bailed on my route and took the quick way home) were down to 50, following each other with their fog lights on.
Me with a slippery new tyre, trying to scrub it in by weaving in my lane at 80, getting dirty looks.

Stress, still beer O'clock makes it all better 😄
popkat

Post by popkat »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 pm Thought about the rear tyre on the two oh no.

Super corsa is never going to get better in the wet, scrubbed in or not, they really aren't designed for wet. should have gone for Rosso Corsa 2, as much grip as you'll ever need or want and can handle a bit of wet much better than the SC, not like the latest sport touring rubber but not bad for a sports tyre. Or even gone for a pair instead, the Metz M7RR or M9RR, both great sport tyres that last well, warm quick and work when it rains.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

popkat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:50 pm
Super corsa is never going to get better in the wet, scrubbed in or not, they really aren't designed for wet. should have gone for Rosso Corsa 2, as much grip as you'll ever need or want and can handle a bit of wet much better than the SC, not like the latest sport touring rubber but not bad for a sports tyre. Or even gone for a pair instead, the Metz M7RR or M9RR, both great sport tyres that last well, warm quick and work when it rains.
Bang on, and accords with similar opinions on other forums. I have 'Supers' on a couple of my bikes and love 'em. On the other side though, my bikes don't see rain so wet performance is a non-issue for me.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

so as a tyre for a Scotland & Ireland trip, Super Corsa is an ideal all weather choice !!!!!!!! NOT :?
AMcQ